Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Most Read Books In The World - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Read Books In The World (3263 Views)

Read Books, Download Books And Make Money. / Ten Most Expensive Books In The World. / The Five Most Expensive Books In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Read Books In The World by ikbnice(m): 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
Op, you must be backwards in research. Where is that controversial erotic trilogy by E. L James, 'fifty shades of gray'. A book that had sold over 100 million copies as at 2014.
A tale of two cities has over 200 million copies sold worldwide.
Re: Most Read Books In The World by Eldee54321(m): 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
I never read any of this book...nah only film I watch ooooo...I mean some
Re: Most Read Books In The World by Ask4Info: 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
olasaad:
have you read ur bible today and if I may ask how many christians reading this post have read the bible today.

Madam, you are a counselor. Can i get your direct number? Where are you based?
Re: Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 19, 2017
Okay sir. Noted
SirWere:
undecided undecided https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Things_Fall_Apart

Next time; be sure of what you're saying undecided angry
Re: Most Read Books In The World by Henrodah(m): 6:28am On Jan 19, 2017
SirWere:
Mein Kampf was only a best seller to Germans themselves and even they didn't read it cover to cover.
Though I saw a news article about its resurgence, I dunno whether it is the same old one or an edited one.

I found the book......intresting sha...

Bro it's the same one oh! After migrants came en masse to Germany 2years ago, the book has seen a resurgence in sales again.
Re: Most Read Books In The World by Edenoscar(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2017
SirWere:

Both of them are crappy in my opinion.

In fact, twilight is crappier to me;
but then mebbe it was because there was a comparison between Stephanie Meyer and JK Rowling. Kinda like comparing a serf to a god angry.
the reason why i didnt bother reading twilight despite the hype around it is maybe because i tried watching the movie first and i just hated it
and you think alchemist is crap?

SirWere:

Indeed? How many books deal with the colonial enroachment into Nigeria and highlights the ibo traditional systems like that??

How many books have such elegantly written proses and uses simple diction and not so much words yet reveals the nature of characters to the reader like that??

How many books can be reread 50 years later and still ring true in the mind of the reader, no matter how mordern he/she is??

Tell me one book like that that ain't a masterpiece undecided
have read several masterpiece and if not for the fact that i am igbo i wouldnt have even bothered reading it, now would you expect a ghanian or a kenyan to consider it a masterpiece
Re: Most Read Books In The World by olasaad(f): 5:25pm On Jan 19, 2017
[quote author=Ask4Info post=52926836]

Madam, you are a counselor. Can i get your direct number? Where are you based?[/quote

070***
Re: Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 20, 2017
BraniacX:
While i wouldn't want to dispute the OP or his source, I for some reason believe Don Quixote (name of author forgotten grin) should be at the top of the list of most read books even ahead of the bible embarassed and this i remember hearing from a BBC documentary long ago! That the book is a relative unknown in Nigeria doesn't negate this assertion!

Ahh Don Quixote; tilting at the windmills!! cheesy

Very intresting book.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gateway Polytechnic Ikotun Centre / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] / Kindly Post The Download Link for New General Mathematics Jss1 - Jss3.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.