Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Two Ways To Block Short Code Messages/calls And Unwanted Messages On Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Two Ways To Block Short Code Messages/calls And Unwanted Messages On Your Phone (1752 Views)

Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / How To Stop Unwanted Messages On All Networks / Use This Special Code On Your Phones To Stop Unwanted Messages - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Two Ways To Block Short Code Messages/calls And Unwanted Messages On Your Phone by Bigjagga(m): 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
Have you ever gotten a sms only to open it and find a message that says something irrelevant like "To buy a crate of egg in this recession for N500 text yes to 5660"? Well here's how to stop those unsolicited messages.

Simply reply the text with of any(One at a time) this words for free; Stop, End, No, Quit or Unsubscribe.

To confirm if it has worked, you will receive a reply from the SMS shortcode, confirming that you have successfully opted out of their text message campaign.

Method 2(Do No Disturb)
There two types of Do Not Disturb feature; one of them is a partial mode and the other is a full mode. The partial mode allows you to block only certain categories of the shortcode calls and unwanted promotional messages while the full mode stops all promotional messages and calls.
If the above method did not work for you, simply send help to 2442 and follow the instruction that will be send to you or simply text;
STOP To 2442: To stop all SMS and IVR messages(i.e STOP should be in the body of the message and 2442 should be in the address).
ALLOW To 2442: To receive all SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 1 To 2442: To receive Banking / Insurance/ Financial Products SMS.
SMS 2 To 2442: To receive Real Estate SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 3 To 2442: To receive Education SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 4 To 2442: To receive Health SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 5 To 2442: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 6 To 2442: To receive Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 7 To 2442: To receive Tourism & Leisure SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 8 To 2442: To receive Sport SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 9 To 2442: To receive Religion SMS and IVR messages.
STATUS To 2442: To check MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etisalat do not disturb feature status.
This service is free of charge for both activation and deactivation.

Note: When you send stop to 2442, it will block all sms messages from entering your phone, if you are expecting some important sms you can simply cancel the restriction by by sending ALLOW to 2442.

Source: http://www.fastbundle.com/2017/01/how-to-block-short-code-messagescalls.html
Re: Two Ways To Block Short Code Messages/calls And Unwanted Messages On Your Phone by REVDIMMY: 1:47am On Jun 24, 2017
Bigjagga:
Have you ever gotten a sms only to open it and find a message that says something irrelevant like "To buy a crate of egg in this recession for N500 text yes to 5660"? Well here's how to stop those unsolicited messages.

Simply reply the text with of any(One at a time) this words for free; Stop, End, No, Quit or Unsubscribe.

To confirm if it has worked, you will receive a reply from the SMS shortcode, confirming that you have successfully opted out of their text message campaign.

Method 2(Do No Disturb)
There two types of Do Not Disturb feature; one of them is a partial mode and the other is a full mode. The partial mode allows you to block only certain categories of the shortcode calls and unwanted promotional messages while the full mode stops all promotional messages and calls.
If the above method did not work for you, simply send help to 2442 and follow the instruction that will be send to you or simply text;
STOP To 2442: To stop all SMS and IVR messages(i.e STOP should be in the body of the message and 2442 should be in the address).
ALLOW To 2442: To receive all SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 1 To 2442: To receive Banking / Insurance/ Financial Products SMS.
SMS 2 To 2442: To receive Real Estate SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 3 To 2442: To receive Education SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 4 To 2442: To receive Health SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 5 To 2442: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 6 To 2442: To receive Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 7 To 2442: To receive Tourism & Leisure SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 8 To 2442: To receive Sport SMS and IVR messages.
SMS 9 To 2442: To receive Religion SMS and IVR messages.
STATUS To 2442: To check MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etisalat do not disturb feature status.
This service is free of charge for both activation and deactivation.

Note: When you send stop to 2442, it will block all sms messages from entering your phone, if you are expecting some important sms you can simply cancel the restriction by by sending ALLOW to 2442.

Source: http://www.fastbundle.com/2017/01/how-to-block-short-code-messagescalls.html
Oluwaseydex:
it happened that I loaded a 800 recharge card on my sim on Monday 30th may.Mtn deducted 55naira out of the money for an unknown reason,I kept my calm I didn't call them since I had much more on my sim.I slept and woke up the following day to transfer 200 to a friend of mine only to discover that they have deducted 400naira.I called the customer care to know the reason and after waiting for over 16 minutes,a girl finally picked up.I explained my plight to the girl and she told me I subscribed for some plans.music plus,SME VP device bundle of a thing which I didn't subscribed to.I told her to deactivate it for me and I asked about a refund and she said no refund could be made.I was dumbfounded about this act of injustice.The plan which I didn't use nor suscribe for and was charged out of my money.am sure if had been other networks they would made a refund.The money is not the problem but i just want people to know what this network provider is extirting us Nigerians.
Below is the message they sent for deactivating the plans.

Mods help me tag it to the necessary place so as to stop this network provider from extorting money from us.

In addition to the premium guide, Hope this helps..

How to Cancel All MTN Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime

How to Cancel All GLO Annoying Subscriptions Deducting Your Airtime
How to deactivate all Etisalat services to stop deducting your money

(1) (Reply)

See Why Samsung S7 Is Better Than Iphone7(full Specs And Price) / Scientists Produce Liquid Screen Protector (video) / Which App Can I Use To Stream Online Marches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.