Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) (45293 Views)

Armed Robbers Invade A Home In Abuja, Captured On CCTV (video) / Photos Serious Fire Incident As Over 20 People Died At Njaba Bridge Along Umuaka / Robbery Incident In Bayelsa, Suspect Shot By JTF (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Jimi23(m): 11:00am On Jan 19, 2017
BluStreak:
This video footage shouldn't have been uploaded in the first place. The burglars now have a clue they have been marked and will be making frantic efforts to evade arrest. The CCTV footage tried but ain't good enough. When you tell organizations to invest in quality surveillance solution, all they care about is the one that is cheap.

There is a reason that expensive one costs more.

Once they are able to get the number plates, the data of the owner of the car will be found by FRSC. With that they can track down the robbers. Its all automated now. They must be peeing in their pants now. The upload is good in a way it could serve as a deterrent to other intending robbers,
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by iamdynamite(m): 11:01am On Jan 19, 2017
Jimi23:

They watched her every move from when she was in the banking hall. Some bank staff may also be involved. May God guide us.
exactly my thought.may God help us in this country..bank officials are the worst criminals

1 Like

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by okeyz(m): 11:09am On Jan 19, 2017
fitinwell:
Op. .The Victim is also a prime suspect.. my reasons are... See how easy was her Car door lock..
2. She parked at Mr.biggs where another Jeep is already waiting for her.
3.How did the invader knew where the money was kept..means u have usual way of keeping money..
4.Why didnt she keep a watch on her vehicle when she went inside Mr.biggs and alert the guards to keep watch in her car. .because she suspected some stranger snuffers.

I presume the money is more dan 500k but
from this video my concluded. .that the victim planned it along with the Thiefs.. or possibly...a close relation had hand in dis matter.. Look at the Time of event,Place of event..and the victims level of dullness..

everytin seems suspicious.

Why can't she drive straight into the police station..

She drove into the eatery and sat down..enjoying snacks.

Am not a detective. .but the victim is so weak in reasoning.

your post made a lot of sense....How did the second jeep knew she will be coming to mr biggs...uncanny coincidence....the devil is in the details...

2 Likes

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Jimi23(m): 11:10am On Jan 19, 2017
uvie66:
Me, na to drive to police check point, and wait till Kingdom come

The fear wey go grip person ehn. If u are not bold enough u won't even see the police check point even if it were under one's nose o. Plus one might not even see any checkpoint close by.
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Jimi23(m): 11:14am On Jan 19, 2017
enigma2007:

and what happened if the plates were stolen from another car or the car itself was stolen?

You have a good point. Theres nothing these criminals are not capable of.

1 Like

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by TinaAnita(f): 11:18am On Jan 19, 2017
I'm so wowed by the footage.. Oh My G.
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by sholasys: 11:19am On Jan 19, 2017
rtmajayi:
This video shows how a robbery gang robbed a lady who just left the bank and made a stop over somewhere around Agidingbi, Ikeja in Lagos. An eye witness said.

This video is an incident of what happened to my colleague yesterday. N500K was taken from her locked car at Mobil Filling station, Agidingbi. She went to GTB, Alausa to withdraw N500K, and kept it under her car seat. When she drove out, she saw a car coming behind her, not knowing there were actually 2 cars following her. So when she got to FBN, Agidingbi, she indicated as if she was going back the way she came, so the car she saw following her passed her to go ahead of her to the side she indicated to, which is the Lexus jeep.

On seeing that the car had passed, she now decided to enter Mobil so that they could go completely, not knowing that another car was still behind her. She parked and went into Mr. Biggs to allow them to go, bought a bottle of water and before she came out, her door had been opened and her money stolen! The CCTV in Mr Biggs, captured the professional way the thieves operated. Watch.........this clip and take lessons please.

Watch the video below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBMfOhGr2uo

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2017/01/robbery-incident-as-captured-on-cctv.html

It is highly unfortunate that this CCTV capture have no value other than a clip. The suspect (the man) could not be identified and they could not zoom to capture the plate number. People just buy any how CCTV and patronized quacks. That's not the kind of camera to be stationed outside (outdoor) on a major street. If na me do this job them for catch them life, i swear.

1 Like

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by greggng: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2017
Jimi23:

You have a good point. Theres nothing these criminals are not capable of.

You re very intelligent. It happened to me. After church service I discovered my plate number is missing. So I quickly reported to the police and I got a police report. With tht I visited road safety for replacement
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by FunkyMetahuman: 11:24am On Jan 19, 2017
I think they work in the bank that the woman took the money.
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by twinskenny(m): 11:26am On Jan 19, 2017
ffrreeee:
Every household and every organization should invest in CCTV
This is so good
if you want to install kindly install good HD cameras this are analog with poor resolution can't even figure out any info
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by twinskenny(m): 11:27am On Jan 19, 2017
rtmajayi:
This video shows how a robbery gang robbed a lady who just left the bank and made a stop over somewhere around Agidingbi, Ikeja in Lagos. An eye witness said.

This video is an incident of what happened to my colleague yesterday. N500K was taken from her locked car at Mobil Filling station, Agidingbi. She went to GTB, Alausa to withdraw N500K, and kept it under her car seat. When she drove out, she saw a car coming behind her, not knowing there were actually 2 cars following her. So when she got to FBN, Agidingbi, she indicated as if she was going back the way she came, so the car she saw following her passed her to go ahead of her to the side she indicated to, which is the Lexus jeep.

On seeing that the car had passed, she now decided to enter Mobil so that they could go completely, not knowing that another car was still behind her. She parked and went into Mr. Biggs to allow them to go, bought a bottle of water and before she came out, her door had been opened and her money stolen! The CCTV in Mr Biggs, captured the professional way the thieves operated. Watch.........this clip and take lessons please.

Watch the video below..

Source:

The camera is soo poor.. Haba they should invest in HD cam

1 Like

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by buffalowings: 11:30am On Jan 19, 2017

I need 500kk tongue
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by buffalowings: 11:35am On Jan 19, 2017
twinskenny:

The camera is soo poor.. Haba they should invest in HD cam

Cctv cameras are not HD cos storing them will require a lot of memory
if these guys know what they are doing this footage is enough to nab these thieves
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by umesichibuzor: 11:42am On Jan 19, 2017
There are 2things involved infact the only thing involved is this:perhabs this money belongs to somebody,her hubby,buisness associate or a friend and the "VICTim" masterminded the "FILM" titled:"STORY FOR THE gods".now how did this criminal know where the money was kept?in the video they dint seem stress themselves looking for the money or opening the dashboards,checking theback seats,no!nothing,none of those?if she was been followed and suspected the cars andin this recession,why dint she go into mr biggs with the money?or even raise an alarm since their are security personnel there?but no!she went in to take ice cream?this lady staged this robbery period!

1 Like

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by blackprowler: 11:45am On Jan 19, 2017
ffrreeee:
Every household and every organization should invest in CCTV
This is so good

But Nigerians are too dumb to realise that. "God" will always protect them and so the CCTV entrepreneurs can starve to death for all they care. Do you know how much crimes costing untold billions and loss of lives that happen in this country because Nigerians refuse to patronise security devices entrepreneurs? I've moved on, but may God keep punishing Nigerians for their stupidity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by librangyps(f): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
God bless you, I also noticed the other suv was already parked at Mr Biggs... plus can it really be that easy to open a locked car?

That woman needs to be questioned except the money is 100% hers, then she should be grateful she wasn't shot.

fitinwell:
Op. .The Victim is also a prime suspect.. my reasons are... See how easy was her Car door lock..
3.How did the invader knew where the money was kept..means u have usual way of keeping money..
4.Why didnt she keep a watch on her vehicle when she went inside Mr.biggs and alert the guards to keep watch in her car. .because she suspected some stranger snuffers.

from this video my concluded. .that the victim planned it along with the Thiefs.. or possibly...a close relation had hand in dis matter.. Look at the Time of event,Place of event..and the victims level of dullness..

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
agrovick:

Bosslady?
Yes sir smiley
Im on Vacation grin you miss me
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
so why are we hearing those officers voices
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Abayor7: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
fitinwell:

You're damn a genius and in addition. From the video, the victim was driving towards the right direction of the road before she drove into the parking lots while the Lexus Jeep has already parked facing the left ddirection of the road.
The Lexus had to reverse and crossed the road to enter the parking lot and parked beside the car.
Meaning the Lexus Jeep had been (on the other side of the road) there BEFORE the car was drove in.
And the there was another SUV ALREADY in the compound who drove forward to block the Lexus Jeep waited and proceed to enter the road immediately after a robber entered it. Before the Lexus Jeep left too..

All within a minute o. .
This can never, I repeat NEVER happen if the woman doesn't know about it..

AstagfiruLLAH tho!
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by browniex: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
The question is,can the police hop on this?well it's left to your imagination.
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
rtmajayi:

Watch the video below..

Source:

This is an inside job,the first SUV that shilded the guy that popped the car wasn't following the woman ,note it was parked at the onther lane that car knew where the woman was going to and the getaway car was already at the car park before the lady arrived there ,let the woman arrest her top 5 close peeps that can easily predict her movements including her children .
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by agrovick(m): 1:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
Bumbae1:
Yes sir smiley Im on Vacation grin you miss me
Hell nah, I needed to be sure my eyes were not playing tricks. Happy vacation tongue
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by dabossman(m): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
sholasys:

It is highly unfortunate that this CCTV capture have no value other than a clip. The suspect (the man) could not be identified and they could not zoom to capture the plate number. People just buy any how CCTV and patronized quacks. That's not the kind of camera to be stationed outside (outdoor) on a major street. If na me do this job them for catch them life, i swear.

Actually,with the the right software you can zoom in and focus on those plates.
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by babythug(f): 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
fitinwell:

Its not quite that straight forward and remember that she assumed only one car was following her. I have also heard that some cars open with random keys which is a possibility here too

The thief walked to her car and his activities were brief!!!! While in the Bank they may have seen her place the cash under her seat.

Someone I know was robbed in this manner few years back and cctv showed a similar strategy though he didn't even realise he was being followed
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by jidxin(m): 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
admax:
The essence of CCTV cameras is not to see a video of a crime so we can learn not to be a victim but to apprehend criminals so they don't get to rob another victim.

The plate numbers of those cars should be visible hence using this technology to apprehend them. Not forgetting the finger print of the guy that opened the car (except all the biometrics we did in those banks are useless).

Hope the police and CID are on this case?
lmfaoooooo.....wake up dude ....forensic investigation in nigeria?? finger print u say....just wake up

1 Like

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by metallisc(m): 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
MARYchiells:
Too bad. To lose such amount in this recess period is like a BH bomb attack. Hope she gets back her money.

nwanyi umuahia! Oleee? wink

1 Like

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Hope15: 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2017
Some bank officials can be very deadly.....no think am biko.

ANIEXTY:
Please becareful who you release some vital informations to, you don't know what your closest friend is, i believe that was a leaked info from a close person; if not, how did they know she had that amount of money ?, abi na only she enter bank comot ni !!
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by godquality: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
I don't even know where to start. This na cooperate thieves.

The banks too are not helping matters. You enter a bank to withdraw such amount, but there's no privacy. Every other customer will know or have an idea how much you came to withdraw.

At least she was lucky as no shot was fired ( though money lost was much).
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by demiiii(f): 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
THEY ARE SURELY ARMED, I HEARD THEY EVEN STAB PEOPLE OR HIT YOUR CAR FROM BEHIND AND THEN YOU COME DOWN
ceejayluv:
you can't tell me those guys were not armed...
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
agrovick:

Hell nah, I needed to be sure my eyes were not playing tricks. Happy vacation tongue
Instead make una kill one ram for me grin
Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
rtmajayi:

Watch the video below..

Source:

If you'll take my advice, the Bank should be your first point of call. I think the bank has a hand in that theft. Secondly, sit down and try remember every single person you told about the withdrawal (everyone of them is a suspect).
But I'm disappointed in the lady though. Why did you leave your car without locking it? Secondly, despite the cashless policy, you still went ahead and carried that amount of money. C'mon! Thirdly, why share this video when investigations are ongoing. If this video gets to the thieves, all they need do is change the plate numbers on the vehicles and that's it.
Next time, always remember that this is Lagos (ile ogbon). Eni ti ko ba gbon l'eko, o ma go ku ni.
If I were the lady, I'd start my investigations from the bank.
Ultimately, pls this is not robbery; this is simply theft (stealing). No violence or threat to use violence was present here.

1 Like

Re: Robbery Incident As Captured On CCTV in Ikeja, Lagos (Video And Photos) by Seun(m): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
iamdynamite:
how did those guys knew the exact place she kept the money.......this is serious..
They were watching her when she got into her car after leaving the bank. One of them may have seen her collecting the money at the counter.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Nabbed In Australia With $10m Hard Drug (Pictured) / Man Commits Suicide In Imo, Leaves Passport, US Visa By His Dangling Feet / RCCG Pastor Stabbed To Death In Rivers State During Vigil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.