Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

2005 Ford Escape - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2005 Ford Escape (2461 Views)

Clean Title 2005 Ford Escape / Neatly Used 2005 Ford Escape For Sale / Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2005 Ford Escape by oscillation55(m): 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
Good day all, please I need a candid advice and/or a comprehensive opinion on the above mentioned suv. I was presented with this ride (toks). I must be sincere, the ride is neat the engine very clean (I could barely hear a sound from the engine when powered on) but am wary of the cost of maintenance on the long run, I won't fail to mention that the engine is a v6 engine with mileage of about 120k+. Please help me with expertise opinion as I don't want to feed this babe much more than supposed grin grin as compared to other rides. My jaw dropped when one of my friends revealed to me how far his corolla 2007 took him with about 20litres of pms. Am trying to be cautious b/c to be fore warned is to be fore armed.
CC_ Deportivo, Gazzuz, e.t.c
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by diportivo: 10:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
While u r contemplating on the type of corolla ur friend cruises 20ltrs to abuja from Lagos with,kindly tell me the location of the ford escape

Thanks bro
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by oscillation55(m): 10:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
Remember to do justice to my question sir
diportivo:
While u r contemplating on the type of corolla ur friend cruises 20ltrs to abuja from Lagos with,kindly tell me the location of the ford escape

Thanks bro
Anambra State. Beyond reach abi tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by oscillation55(m): 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
oscillation55:
Good day all, please I need a candid advice and/or a comprehensive opinion on the above mentioned suv. I was presented with this ride (toks). I must be sincere, the ride is neat the engine very clean (I could barely hear a sound from the engine when powered on) but am wary of the cost of maintenance on the long run, I won't fail to mention that the engine is a v6 engine with mileage of about 120k+. Please help me with expertise opinion as I don't want to feed this babe much more than supposed grin grin as compared to other rides. My jaw dropped when one of my friends revealed to me how far his corolla 2007 took him with about 20litres of pms. Am trying to be cautious b/c to be fore warned is to be fore armed.
Someone should contribute nah
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by diportivo: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
Oga

Enter inside the car...relax...feel comfy

Start the engine...turn the dials,move the knobs...switch on the stereo,change stations...make it loud and den bring the volume down

Next,go for a test drive...be gentle on rough roads...be swift on the smooth and wide roads...feel the movement,take in the luxury that d car has to offer

I swear,if u like what u r driving and feeling,u won't get back to the starting point b4 u transfer the money

If u don't enjoy the feel,go and park it,and look for oda offers

Ppl dey use d car wella,why can't u?

1 Like

Re: 2005 Ford Escape by mayor2013: 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
When this ride gets to a mileage 80000 and above. The igntion system shuts completely down. Check my profile to read more. Asides that cool ride I must say
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by oscillation55(m): 11:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
mayor2013:
When this ride gets to a mileage 80000 and above. The igntion system shuts completely down. Check my profile to read more. Asides that cool ride I must say
Sir from what I saw the mileage is 120k+ please what do you mean by ignition system shutting completely down? Anticipating a cool response wink
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by torres89: 3:55am On Jan 21, 2017
mayor2013:

then all cars in Nigeria should have shut down Na ..

1 Like

Re: 2005 Ford Escape by oscillation55(m): 6:52am On Jan 21, 2017
Am worried by that statement undecided
torres89:

Re: 2005 Ford Escape by mayor2013: 7:37am On Jan 21, 2017
torres89:

Haven't you heard about factory errors, use your internet wisely
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by sultaan(m): 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
oscillation55:

You saw a car you like, sounds good but trying to make up your mind based on something your friend drives.

Like advised drive the ford then immediately drive the corolla (your friend's) buy the one you like.

Corolla cost $16k Escape $25k and no thief will steal it buy what you like
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by ccfilex: 12:14am On Jan 22, 2017
Please how much is 2003-2005Lexus Rx300, Toyota high lander 2005, and ford escape 2005, I want to compare their prices and make my choice. wink
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by Femtopford(m): 6:00am On Jan 30, 2017
Ford escape 05 is one the best choice, cost of affordable parts are. The ignition doesn't shut down Completely irrespective of the millage because it pcm inbuilt.
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by mayor2013: 6:54am On Jan 30, 2017
Femtopford:
Ford escape 05 is one the best choice, cost of affordable parts are. The ignition doesn't shut down Completely irrespective of the millage because it pcm inbuilt.

Make more research
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by Femtopford(m): 3:50am On Jan 31, 2017
mayor2013:

Make more research

All of my 05 escape customers along with technical service bulletin (TBS) from onset till date didn't prove ignition shutting down Completely except for coils going bad due to depreciation.
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by mayor2013: 6:56am On Jan 31, 2017
Femtopford:

All of my 05 escape customers along with technical service bulletin (TBS) from onset till date didn't prove ignition shutting down Completely except for coils going bad due to depreciation.

Sorry to disappoint I have had cases like that where client drives on a high way and the system shuts down. Peculiar to 2005 models
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by Femtopford(m): 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
mayor2013:

Sorry to disappoint I have had cases like that where client drives on a high way and the system shuts down. Peculiar to 2005 models

To my good familiarity, it has never happened to any of 05 escape on high way. In fact to, to be cognizant of another confidence, 05 escape has the best pcm inbuilt ignition/anti-theft system among Ford vehicles.
The anti-theft system is independent of CAN
bus. The owner's key recognition by the vehicle is direct link from transceiver to pcm, so no interruption from other electronic modules of the vehicle
Else minor fault like fuel low pressure caused by :fuel pump, fuel filter, choke fuel nozzles etc or misfiring/hesitation caused by : coils, spark plugs etc and with these anomalies the vehicle will easily get to the workshop without being shut down on the highway.
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by mayor2013: 8:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
Femtopford:

To my good familiarity, it has never happened to any of 05 escape on high way. In fact to, to be cognizant of another confidence, 05 escape has the best pcm inbuilt ignition/anti-theft system among Ford vehicles.
The anti-theft system is independent of CAN
bus. The owner's key recognition by the vehicle is direct link from transceiver to pcm, so no interruption from other electronic modules of the vehicle
Else minor fault like fuel low pressure caused by :fuel pump, fuel filter, choke fuel nozzles etc or misfiring/hesitation caused by : coils, spark plugs etc and with these anomalies the vehicle will easily get to the workshop without being shut down on the highway.

Maybe for you sir. Last year November still dealt with a case. Cleint complained about car shutting down on the high while she was cruising her ride. Guess what? She came with 3 different ecu installed on her car. I laughed and laughed. Read more about the factory recall on Ford escape 2005. You know about the ignition coil issue on this ride right?
Re: 2005 Ford Escape by oscillation55(m): 7:21am On Feb 02, 2017
Interesting.
More meaningful inputs encouraged.
Thanks Femtopford & mayor

(1) (Reply)

Pure White Gold Mercedes Benz / RX330 VS Toyota Camry2011 / Is It Advisable To Change From 5w40 To 5w30 Oil To Service My Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.