Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

A Different Kind Of SLAYING!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Different Kind Of SLAYING!!! (370 Views)

What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church / Pastor Chris Is A Different Kind Of Minister - Benny Hinn / Once In A While, Go To A Different Church : My Experience Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Different Kind Of SLAYING!!! by donogaga(m): 6:29am On Jan 20, 2017
In this day and age everyone wants to slay. If you want to check out all manners of slayers on social media just go to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and type the hashtags #slay #slayer #slayking #slayqueen etc, your eyes will be fed with all sorts of poses. Some people will do anything just to slay these days, they will borrow, spend their last dime, live a fake life, post half naked photos or do just about anything crazy to be tagged a slayer. In other words slaying in our day and age is about how you appear on the physical. Appearance and perception is the order of the day, nobody seems to care about what's real. However CAN WE TALK ABOUT A DIFFERENT KIND OF SLAYING?

If you have ever played any combat video game, you will realise that the only way to advance to a higher level is to slay your opponents. For you to GROW UP to higher ground you must BLOW UP your opposition. I also realised that this principle applies to our lives as humans too. For you to advance from class 1 to 2 in school you must pass your exams. They often say, "for every new level theirs a new devil."

I read the story of one man who understood this principle very well, he knew for a fact, if he must step into his destiny then he had to SLAY. That man was David son of Jessy, who later became king. I believe many of us know about the story of how David slayed Goliath. David was a big time slayer, not the type of slaying we see on social media today, he slayed into his destiny. The most amazing part is that David applied every tool completely different from what our present day slayers use to slay on social media. I'll tell you how...

1. When David took up the challenge to fight into his destiny against Goliath, King Saul lent David his armory to wear so he will look like a real soldier, David wore it at first but he took it off. Why? David understood one great principle. REAL SLAYING IS NOT ABOUT YOUR PHYSICAL APPEARANCE AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO BORROW OR LIVE ABOVE YOUR MEANS TO SLAY, JUST BE YOURSELF ALWAYS.
The Bible says ...
"(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"
2 Corinthians 10:4-5

2. When Goliath saw little boy David coming to fight him with a mere catapult sling, he scorned David and tried to intimidate him and threatened to kill him and feed to the birds, but David did not brag with mere words. He bragged about the God he serves and came against Goliath in the name of the Lord. He understood another great principle. IT'S NOT BY MIGHT NOR BY POWER BUT BY THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD.
The Bible says...
“Don’t let the wise brag of their wisdom. Don’t let heroes brag of their exploits. Don’t let the rich brag of their riches. If you brag, brag of this and this only: That you understand and know me. I’m God , and I act in loyal love. I do what’s right and set things right and fair, and delight in those who do the same things. These are my trademarks."
Jeremiah 9:23‭-‬24 MSG

David slayed his way into his destiny. He didn't have to fake up his appearance, he didn't depend on his looks, he depended on the knowledge of the God he serves. This year, choose not to only slay with your sense of fashion and style, but be a giant slayer for Jesus. Be yourself, don't get desperate for attention, you don't have to expose your body to slay, you don't have to live beyond your means to slay, the people who slay to their next level are those who know their God. Choose to know God for yourself. DONT JUST BE A SOCIAL MEDIA SLAYER, BE A SLAYER FOR JESUS.

"... but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."
Daniel 11:32 KJV

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Liberal Left And Cults Have In Common? / Who Are The People That Stil Take Nigerian Churches Seriously / The Secrets Of The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.