Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State (1540 Views)

Western Delta University Lecturer Rocks Students Wig In Class / Niger Delta University Students Protest Hike In Fees, Lock Up School Gate (Pics) / Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 7:33am On Jan 20, 2017
It has become a norm that whenever students go to Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State to request for their transcripts, the school starts telling them they have carryovers. These were students who were cleared by the university, mobilised for service and issued notification of result by the same school. What makes this whole issue very bad is that this school is a private and has a population of less than 500 students.

Even in public schools were a single department has more population than the entire school, cases like these are not heard of. Over 10 of such cases have occurred so far. Funny enough none of the students forged or obtained their results fraudulently. They were duly cleared, mobilised for service and issued a statement of result.

Please Seun and all other moderators on this forum should move this issue to the front page. There's currently a litigation against the school right now by one of the affected students. Seun please instruct your mods to move this to the front page. This issue has to get to the table of the National Universities Commission.

Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by ozalogbo: 7:40am On Jan 20, 2017
I am taking your report with a pinch of salt because you remarked that the school has a population of less than 500. This is a lie. I have facts, but won't go beyond this
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 10:47am On Jan 20, 2017
ozalogbo:
I am taking your report with a pinch of salt because you remarked that the school has a population of less than 500. This is a lie. I have facts, but won't go beyond this
pls go ahead. Show me your facts. I have people who graduated from that school. So don't tell me what I know.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by tutudesz: 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
It has become a norm that whenever students go to Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State to request for their transcripts, the school starts telling them they have carryovers. These were students who were cleared by the university, mobilised for service and issued notification of result by the same school. What makes this whole issue very bad is that this school is a private and has a population of less than 500 students.

Even in public schools were a single department has more population than the entire school, cases like these are not heard of. Over 10 of such cases have occurred so far. Funny enough none of the students forged or obtained their results fraudulently. They were duly cleared, mobilised for service and issued a statement of result.

Please Seun and all other moderators on this forum should move this issue to the front page. There's currently a litigation against the school right now by one of the affected students. Seun please instruct your mods to move this to the front page. This issue has to get to the table of the National Universities Commission.
What your aim with posting this round? Are you trying to destroy so many people future or what?
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 3:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
tutudesz:

What your aim with posting this round? Are you trying to destroy so many people future or what?
please if I may ask how am I trying to destroy any body's future? Is anything false about what I posted here? Isn't it happening? Isn't the school fond of telling students they have carryovers whenever they come for transcript? If you were sent by the school better go back and tell them to stop making a fool of themselves.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by tutudesz: 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
please if I may ask how am I trying to destroy any body's future? Is anything false about what I posted here? Isn't it happening? Isn't the school fond of telling students they have carryovers whenever they come for transcript? If you were sent by the school better go back and tell them to stop making a fool of themselves.
how many students? the ones that pay to pass or which ones? state the student department. what set are you?
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
@tutudesz if you're not stupid or if you're not a fool you won't have made such a stupid comment. Who paid to pass? Can you bring evidence of the payment or the bank teller to show that money passed hands? You're a very big fool and I won't bother to banter words with you cos it obvious you're stupid. If the person paid to graduate why is the school is not charging him or her for forgery? How come the so called students went for service and still had their results approved by the senate? Why am I even bothering myself answering you? You're very irrelevant just like your entire school.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by tutudesz: 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
@tutudesz if you're not stupid or if you're not a fool you won't have made such a stupid comment. Who paid to pass? Can you bring evidence of the payment or the bank teller to show that money passed hands? You're a very big fool and I won't bother to banter words with you cos it obvious you're stupid. If the person paid to graduate why is the school is not charging him or her for forgery? How come the so called students went for service and still had their results approved by the senate? Why am I even bothering myself answering you? You're very irrelevant just like your entire school.
I asked you a simple question, instead of answering your next step was insulting me. Did I insult you? No! so why the insult.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2017
tutudesz:

I asked you a simple question, instead of answering your next step was insulting me. Did I insult you? No! so why the insult.
you're saying nonsense and that's what warranted the insult. How can you openly support the injustice, victimization and intimidation of a fellow human being? If there was any form of fraudulent graduation why didn't the school detect it? How did the school clear, mobilize and issue them notification of result? How did the school senate committee approve their results? I get very angry at oppression and I'm very loud about it. I don't know how to hide my feelings. I'm sorry if I insulted you but it was what you said that made me angry. Do you know they've been more than 15 of such cases that has occurred in the school? I don't expect you to know cos they won't tell you. What wrong has a student done for fighting for his or her right? If you were the one would you be happy that more than 3years after graduation and after passing out of service only to request for your transcript in order to move forward to the next level of your life only to be told you're having carryovers, how would you feel? I hate injustice and wickedness and I'll stand against it. Are you trying to please the school or what?
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by tutudesz: 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
you're saying nonsense and that's what warranted the insult. How can you openly support the injustice, victimization and intimidation of a fellow human being? If there was any form of fraudulent graduation why didn't the school detect it? How did the school clear, mobilize and issue them notification of result? How did the school senate committee approve their results? I get very angry at oppression and I'm very loud about it. I don't know how to hide my feelings. I'm sorry if I insulted you but it was what you said that made me angry. Do you know they've been more than 15 of such cases that has occurred in the school? I don't expect you to know cos they won't tell you. What wrong has a student done for fighting for his or her right? If you were the one would you be happy that more than 3years after graduation and after passing out of service only to request for your transcript in order to move forward to the next level of your life only to be told you're having carryovers, how would you feel? I hate injustice and wickedness and I'll stand against it. Are you trying to please the school or what?
I graduated from wdu 2011, so it very sad to hear such news and I have spoken to others pioneers about this development and we would like to know more and what the school is doing to correct this. Has a pioneer am more concerned of the wellbeing of students than that of the school.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by tutudesz: 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
if not because most of us are busy with work, coming down to oghara would have been more preferable to know what really going on. Because next year wdu will officially be 10 year old and such news is not what will want to hear at all.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
tutudesz:

I graduated from wdu 2011, so it very sad to hear such news and I have spoken to others pioneers about this development and we would like to know more and what the school is doing to correct this. Has a pioneer am more concerned of the wellbeing of students than that of the school.
that's more like it. This is what I expected from the beginning rather than coming on Facebook to support the wicked act of the school. I'm sorry for my earlier rant. I believe in justice and being fair. The fact I'm here today is by God's grace and not by my power. I believe this world is a very small world and so I believe in doing the right thing at all times. We dont know where our pacts might cross and so it's always necessary to be fair and humane in our dealings. The school is giving itself a bad reputation with issues like these. Imagine the fact that they've been more than 15 cases like these. What does it tell of the school and it's management? If this issue goes more than the way it is it would be very bad for the school cos it would damage their reputation. I'm happy you said you're more concerned with the welfare of the students than anything else. The school should give the affected students their transcripts so they can move with their lives. That's my honest opinion. It won't cost them anything.

The school shouldn't stall a man's progress due to their incompetence and negligence. No matter what must have happened the school should give the affected students their transcripts and allow sleeping dogs to sleep and not even lie.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by tutudesz: 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
that's more like it. This is what I expected from the beginning rather than coming on Facebook to support the wicked act of the school. I'm sorry for my earlier rant. I believe in justice and being fair. The fact I'm here today is by God's grace and not by my power. I believe this world is a very small world and so I believe in doing the right thing at all times. We dont know where our pacts might cross and so it's always necessary to be fair and humane in our dealings. The school is giving itself a bad reputation with issues like these. Imagine the fact that they've been more than 15 cases like these. What does it tell of the school and it's management? If this issue goes more than the way it is it would be very bad for the school cos it would damage their reputation. I'm happy you said you're more concerned with the welfare of the students than anything else. The school should give the affected students their transcripts so they can move with their lives. That's my honest opinion. It won't cost them anything.
this issue will result in NUC recalling all ex student back to verify their result,because they can't tell the world they mobilized non graduate for nysc.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2017
tutudesz:

this issue will result in NUC recalling all ex student back to verify their result,because they can't tell the world they mobilized non graduate for nysc.
thank you my brother. You're very sound. It might even lead to the shutting down of the school. As it stands the affected students have a very strong case against the school. Some of them were given even an extra year by the school for various reasons and from what I can deduce they all served their extra before they finally graduated. Under the law the affected students can sue for victimization and intimidation because they duly served whatever punishment they were given by the school. Imagine after 5years in the university only to be told this trash? Haba. It doesn't make any sense. It is outright wickedness and the public would condemn the school.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by tutudesz: 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
thank you my brother. You're very sound. It might even lead to the shutting down of the school. As it stands the affected students have a very strong case against the school. Some of them were given even an extra year by the school for various reasons and from what I can deduce they all served their extra before they finally graduated. Under the law the affected students can sue for victimization and intimidation because they duly served whatever punishment they were given by the school. Imagine after 5years in the university only to be told this trash? Haba. It doesn't make any sense. It is outright wickedness and the public would condemn the school.
it too early for such a thing to be happening. Were a student?
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 10:35pm On Mar 21, 2017
tutudesz:

it too early for such a thing to be happening. Were a student?
sure it is. And it doesn't tell well of the school. Ex students are supposed to be ambassadors to the institutions they graduated from. That's the essence of going to school and serving your nation. I have a relative who's affected by this issue and that's why I'm angry.

No I didn't graduate from the school. I graduated from the University of Saskatchewan, Canada but I have two relatives who graduated from the school.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by tutudesz: 10:42pm On Mar 21, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
sure it is. And it doesn't tell well of the school. Ex students are supposed to be ambassadors to the institutions they graduated from. That's the essence of going to school and serving your nation. I have a relative who's affected by this issue and that's why I'm angry.

No I didn't graduate from the school. I graduated from the University of Saskatchewan, Canada but I have two relatives who graduated from the school.
I think its time for wdu to have alumni association to fight for students and I will have to speak with others pioneers to make of time for a general meeting in a month or 2. Will let you know detail later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
tutudesz:

I think its time for wdu to have alumni association to fight for students and I will have to speak with others pioneers to make of time for a general meeting in a month or 2. Will let you know detail later.
thank you very much. I'm willing to be of help. Also always you guys investigate any issue thoroughly because most times you don't judge a story from one side. Thank you very much and may God bless you.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by tutudesz: 12:22am On Mar 22, 2017
mulattoclaroo:
thank you very much. I'm willing to be of help. Also always you guys investigate any issue thoroughly because most times you don't judge a story from one side. Thank you very much and may God bless you.
We are going to put pressure on the school. They can't be bigger than the students at all. They must settle peacefully because they will not destroy someone future over mistake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 5:55am On Mar 22, 2017
tutudesz:

We are going to put pressure on the school. They can't be bigger than the students at all. They must settle peacefully because they will not destroy someone future over mistake.
you're blessed my brother. Thank you very much. I just hope the ex students intervene as planned. The school is at fault and not the students. They shouldn't be intimidating them but rather looking for a way to settle out of court.
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 22, 2017
Naija sha.... Even private schools are not exempt from corrupt stupidity
Re: Matters Arising In Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State by mulattoclaroo(m): 8:37am On Mar 22, 2017
@sirwere it's my duty to ensure that the issue rocking the school is resolved amicably because a lot is at stake here.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Cutoff Mark Universities, Polytechnics & Colleges If You Have Below 200 / 2018 JAMB Direct Entry Form Is Now On Sale / University Of Jos Postgraduate Forms 2017/2018 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.