Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Advise Needed As My Sister Was Deployed To Katsina State From Rivers State - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advise Needed As My Sister Was Deployed To Katsina State From Rivers State (712 Views)

See The Snake I Killed At My Sister's Site Today / Video: Duncan Mighty Eldest Sister Was Caught Steeling At A Shop / Photo: Father And Two Adult Sons From Rivers State Die Within Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed As My Sister Was Deployed To Katsina State From Rivers State by PH1stBorn: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2017
My kid sister who was called to bar last month has been deployed to Katsina state all the way from Rivers State. Those in charge of prospective corps member's mobilization are extremely wicked and heartless or how do one explain d paltry peanut of N1,500 to paid as transport allowance for a journey of over 16hours?
A N1,500 transport fare from Rivers state could only take one to d following state with little or no additional expenses; Delta, Bayelsa, Akwaibom, Imo, and Abia state.
it wasn't like this during my service years in 2009 as I served in Delta State, my younger sister was posted to Bayelsa along with my cousin during their service year in 2012. My younger brother and Nephew were posted to Akwa Ibom and Abia state respectively during their 2015 service year.
As d breadwinner in my family after my Dad's demise in 2012, I have been responsible for my siblings education most especially my youngest sister who was just deployed to Katsina state. I am not satisfied with this ungodly, wicked arrangements by nysc mobilization staffs. My grouse with this scheme is 1)How will she coup with christain meeting and fellowship in a state where Islam is most predominant and only recognized religion?
2) how will NYSC management assure her safety throughout d service year.
3) What about the extra cost of living in an entirely strange environment?. ...with this thought, I think its time for d complete overhaul of the nysc schemes
I need a sincere advice as to whether its worth d risk or not or should she wait for d next service mobilization as I wouldn't mind influencing d outcome financially.

Cc: Freiburger
r231

Re: Advise Needed As My Sister Was Deployed To Katsina State From Rivers State by modsfucker: 10:44am On Jan 20, 2017
Let her go Bros. Katsina is a super cool town..... Atleast she will have the opportunity of traversing the length of the country. Even though am not there now, you can drop your number incase you need any help around.
Re: Advise Needed As My Sister Was Deployed To Katsina State From Rivers State by ichakaobos(m): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2017
Allow her go. Katsina is not such a bad place. A little sharia is in place though. But Funtua is the best place to be, 30-45 minutes drive to Zaria. I was almost staying in zaria and working in Funtua.She just needs to respect culture and morals of Muslims.
Re: Advise Needed As My Sister Was Deployed To Katsina State From Rivers State by PH1stBorn: 11:53am On Jan 20, 2017
Noted....and thanks for ur sincere advise
ichakaobos:
Allow her go. Katsina is not such a bad place. A little sharia is in place though. But Funtua is the best place to be, 30-45 minutes drive to Zaria. I was almost staying in zaria and working in Funtua.She just needs to respect culture and morals of Muslims.

Ok..thanks too
modsfucker:
Let her go Bros. Katsina is a super cool town..... Atleast she will have the opportunity of traversing the length of the country. Even though am not there now, you can drop your number incase you need any help around.

(1) (Reply)

[adults] See 24 Questions To Ask A Girl Over Text And Make Her Feel Sexy / Actress Biodun Okeowo Under Attack For Baring Her ‘v-shape’ / How Do You Enjoy Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.