Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,512 members, 7,861,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:39 PM

My Joomla Text Editor Stops Working, What Should I Do? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Joomla Text Editor Stops Working, What Should I Do? (358 Views)

How Can I Host My Joomla Website / Fix Ur Wordpress / Joomla / Drupal Site Errors In No Time (Pay after Service) / Urgent Help On My Joomla Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Joomla Text Editor Stops Working, What Should I Do? by todhost(m): 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
Source: https://www.todhost.com/knowledgebase/786/My-Joomla-Text-Editor-Stops-Working-What-Should-I-do.html

Have you experienced a situation here your Joomla editor just stops working. We have seen such cases with a few client websites and will like to share our experience about what caused it and how we were able to address it.

Why Editor Stopped Working

Upgrade Related Problem

Basically, it was due to an upgrade to the Joomla core. Upgrading from version 3.3 to version 3.6 caused the problem.

Template Related Problem

We have also seen that with some other templates, the upgrade did not cause a problem. So we could reason that depending on your template framework, you could expeience a problem with your Joomla text editor.

Editor Related Problem

We found that this problem exclusively affected the TinyMCE editor. The TinyMCE is a What You See is What You Get, WTSWIG, editor. If you use other Joomla text editors, you will not find this problem.

How To Fix The Problem

The approach you will use to fi the problem will depend on what you intend to do. Creating a blog page content could be different from just adding or editing an image.

One way we were able to overcome this problem is to change the editor.

The other way is to update the editor to a most recent vesion compatible with your Joomla version.

A third way is to copy the editor from a functional and updated version of Joomla into your Joomla installation. This is recommended in cases where you are unable to download a recent version of the software. To do this, ou can run a recent Joomla installation with the most updated version of the software, then locate the editor folder through your website file manager and download the file. You will then need to use FTP software to upload your downloaded file to the appropriate location on your Joomla installation.

Popular Joomla Editors

DropEditor is one of the most innovative editors on the Joomla market. The editor integrates extensions developed by the company behind and have revamped usual tools we use to find in such extension. Significant tools are:

- Advanced image manager

- Advanced file manager

- Custom columns manager: column creation with custom size

- Automatic summary: summary based on article titles level

- Button creation tool: create, save and reuse buttons

- Template saving: save the HTML structure of your content and reuse it

- Custom style visual edition: create style with custom CSS and load it in edition interface

- Custom title visual edition: title override tool

- Easy to use link manager: link manager to Joomla menu and content

- User profile with Joomla ACL: create custom profiles for editor

- HTML colored code with automatic tag creation

The editor is free and optionally can be upgraded to advanced image/Files/Tables manager and support.

JCE is one of the oldest editor for Joomla, it exists since Joomla 1.0. This is a more classical text editor but the structure is rock solid and it’s highly maintained.

Important points are:

- Office-like usage and formatting not to be lost

- Image manager allows you to: upload, rename, delete, copy &paste, insert them into your articles

- Link manager give shortcut to Joomla categories, articles and menus

- Syntax highlighting in HTML edition

- Spellchecker tool using your browser’s Spellchecker

- Lightbox tool for images

The editor is free and optionally can be upgraded with a plugin set like advanced image, file, media manager and support.

ARK Editor has the particularity of allowing inline edition of your content. Means that you don’t need to open your content on a dedicated page to edit it, even from frontend. Just click on it and edit.

It contains classic edition tools plus advanced plugins such as:

- Inline editing

- Image uploader and manager

- Content versioning

- Word copy/paste tool

- Link manager for make easy link to articles, menus or components

- Typography package

The editor is free and optionally can be upgraded with a plugin set like advanced file, media manager, a dedicated media folder for users and support.

YEEditor between an editor and a content builder, means that you can build a layout inside your page content. And of course you can call a text edition interface in the blocks.

Main advantage and content available:

- Drag’n drop layout builder

- Responsive grid layout

- Call editor

- Module insertion

- Media player

- Google map widget

- Custom HTML/CSS/JS code insertion
The extension is free and optionally can be upgraded with advanced widget such asslider, media player, accordion, tab layouts and support.

CKEditor is also one of the oldest editor for Joomla too, it has been developed sine years. This is a more classical editor than the previous one, but if you need to start fast, you’ll enjoy to see that you know the major part of the tools inside.

Notable tools are:

- Configuration integrated with Joomla! administration pages with custom edition profiles

- Drag’n drop tool to make it available in edition toolbar

- Paste from Word feature

- Tool to style your content

- XHTML valid code generation control

- Bad formatting filtering

- Full accessibility support for the entire interface

The extension is free and optionally can be enhanced with CKFinder (a media manager) and support.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free 2000 Or More Youtube Subscribers 2017 / Pin Verified Nigerian Adsense Needed / How To Feel Confident About Your Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.