Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration (1352 Views)

4 Lesbian Students Expelled From Kebbi State College Of Science And Technology / Masters In US Vs Masters In China / 21 Universities That Offer Medical Laboratory Science In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration by Precious388: 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hello,
please what's the detailed difference between Master of Business Administration(MBA) and Masters of Science in Business Administration. Please which of the above is more preferable for someone who have a B.Sc in Business Administration. Thanks.
Re: MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 21, 2017
Precious388:
Hello,
please what's the detailed difference between Master of Business Administration(MBA) and Masters of Science in Business Administration. Please which of the above is more preferable for someone who have a B.Sc in Business Administration. Thanks.
M.sc business administration though is strictly academic and it's tedious but it's worth as you can fit anywhere be in the business world or academic but MBA isn't
Re: MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration by Precious388: 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
Thanks my dear. That means if i intend lecturing as a career someday in future then i need to have M.Sc in Business Administration..
Re: MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration by hebunohluwah(m): 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:

M.sc business administration though is strictly academic and it's tedious but it's worth as you can fit anywhere be in the business world or academic but MBA isn't
1. You did a very good explanation up deer
2. MBA is purely a business field degree, which cannot be accepted for an academic field. however, M.Sc is purely an academic field degree which can also be used in d business field.
3. For a purely business minded person, with d intention of creating your own business venture, I would advise u go for MBA. (Think about your future plans very well)
4. This your name *asuustrike* get power o

1 Like

Re: MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
hebunohluwah:

2. MBA is purely a business field degree, which cannot be accepted for an academic field. however, M.Sc is purely an academic field degree which can also be used in d business field.
3. For a purely business minded person, with d intention of creating your own business venture, I would advise u go for MBA. (Think about your future plans very well)
No 4 got me laughing
Re: MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration by Precious388: 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2017
hebunohluwah:

Thanks for that.
Re: MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration by cosade(m): 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Both are tedious.

As you've explained, MBA is a professional masters while M.Sc Biz Admin is an academic masters.

Another fundamental difference is that the M.Sc program would assume you have good understanding of the core courses and build on it. So you're expected to have a first degree in that field, unlike an MBA program. Non graduates of Business Management (such as Engineers, Medical Doctors, Architects etc) are admitable into MBA class.

The reality is that MBA is not designed for Business Administration graduates as you'll end up repeating courses done in your undergraduate program.
Re: MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration by essentialone(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
You failed to add that after MSc comes PhD hopefully and you will be referred to as Dr.

Also after MBA comes DBA hopefully and you will also be referred to as Dr.
Re: MBA Vs Masters Of Science In Business Administration by essentialone(m): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2018
Please which university in Nigeria offers MSc in Business Management or Business Administration

Not MBA ooo

(1) (Reply)

FREE FOREX Entry/exit Signals 80-100% Accuracy And Pro Fund Management Services / This Is The Secret To Success They Didn't Teach You In School / Word Count Vs Number Of Pages: Which Is Better For Research Projects?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.