Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls (2015 Views)

Angel Osuagwu: Victor Osuagwu's Daughter Goes Viral After She Shared A Tweet / Victor Osuagwu: Why I Did My White Wedding 15 Years After My Traditional Wedding / Victor Osuagwu Pictured With Norsemen Confraternity Members In Ghana. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by Mrop(m): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2017
Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls, Upcoming Actresses.

Ex-Chairman of Lagos Chapter of AGN, Victor
Osuagwu recently revealed how he fought the
growing menace of sexual harassment in
Nollywood.

According to him, the fight to end the canker
worm requires a tough hand.

This is what Mr Osuagwu said about sexual
harassment in the thriving entertainment
industry:

“It has been my nature to see challenges as
entertainment. If you face it the hard way, you
will not succeed. That was the way I handled
some of the sexual harassment cases we had.
This is sounding a note of warning, we will get
you wherever you are and deal with you. What
this set of people do is to organize ‘auditions’
and at the end of the day mess up girls.”

Bemoaning the state of the industry, he
continued: “These days, before you are
auditioned, you pay money, before you act, you
pay money, to see yourself on screen, you pay
money and that is why we are having wishy-
washy production all over.

This is not the AGN we are looking for.
“Sometimes you also blame up and coming
ones. When they tell you that they are ready to
do anything, what do you do?

A gullible producer, director, production
assistant, personal assistant will rip you off
because you can do anything.

People are even buying laptops and expensive
gifts just to be on posters but when you check
their act in the whole film, it is just one scene.
“And do you know one funny thing; this attitude
has encouraged some green horns to buy their
way into acting. They are not really actors.

I remember in those days, once you are
auditioned and you pass, you go through
rehearsals but these days it doesn’t happen
anymore.”

Source ::: http://www.praizeblog.com/2017/01/victor-osuagwu-exposes-nollywood.html?m=0

Cc lalasticlala fynestboi ishilove ijebabe missyb3

Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2017
Do anything just to enter nollywood? :

Nollywood? shocked Are those girls ok at all? undecided
Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by waywardpikin: 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
rokiatu:

Believe me these things happen. I've seen things in this Lagos. The girls especially want to be famous at all cost and I don't know why. The most annoying part of it is that most of the time these girls don't even know how to act angry

1 Like

Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by ChristineC: 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
rokiatu:

lol you have no idea, even trivial competitions like miss campus. People will easily blame it on poverty tho.
Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
waywardpikin:

Believe me these things happen. I've seen things in this Lagos. The girls especially want to be famous at all cost and I don't know why. The most annoying part of it is that most of the time these girls don't even know how to act angry

ChristineC:
lol you have no idea, even trivial competitions like miss campus. People will easily blame it on poverty tho.

Sad!!
Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by Rapmaestro(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
Money is good... Fame is better.... Talent is best
Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by yedidiah(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2017
Give us names; no need condoning crimes by hiding the identity of criminals.
Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by CaroLyner(f): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
How did he "expose" them when no names are mentioned here?

1 Like

Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by LegalBaby(f): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
Who still watches nollywood anymore anyway?
that some silly people are getting scammed to appear on screen

1 Like

Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by Vision4God: 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2017
God help our children
Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by Julietcutie(f): 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2017
very true... it happened to my friend's girlfriend... after paying for a role she only appeared twice and she can't even act
Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by NegeduGrace(f): 7:07am On Jan 22, 2017
they accepted to be lured in the first place,,most of them know what they re going there to do n still choose to go..werin concern me?

Re: Victor Osuagwu Exposes Nollywood Producers Using Auditions To Lure Girls by Tyche(m): 7:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Julietcutie:
very true... it happened to my male friend girlfriend... after paying for a role she only appeared twice and she can't even act

What the phuck is male friend girlfriend grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#bbnaija Fake Housemate, Ese Shows Off Her Hot Assets…(photo) / Hidden Truth About This Stature / Wendy Williams Attends Comicon In New York Dressed As Wonder Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.