Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? (9816 Views)

I Just Got A Job In A University With My 3rd Class. / Photo: OMG! See This Shocking Application Letter By A BSC Holder / Is There Any Hope For A Third Class Bsc Holder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by Redhit(m): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2009
Guyz in da house, we had an arguement ystday wch lead to another thin, please i also want your view to this issue at hand. To me i belive 3rd leavers can make waves b4 an Hnd holders does wen it cums to degree
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by nobility2: 11:50am On Nov 30, 2009
House members,enough is enough for HND,BSC talk in this country.If Nigerians like let them say HND is not better than SSCE fine.I am very sure that Nigerian will not back up good things, I stand to be corrected because if they do they wouldn't have allowed a seek man to contest election not to talk of president the country on sick bed intermittently.HND is second to none in education sector.I hold both HND and BSC and I can say authoritatively that BSC is cheap for lazy student while HND is hard for real.To confirm my fact use OSPO(owo)now Rufus Giwa POLY and Federal Poly,Ado and compared to UNAD, AAU,OAU,Edo State University,Yaba TECH, and tell me your facts.The highest percentage of dullards will be University product.Get me right,I am not saying University product are not good but they are no better than their mate in the same proffession in polytechnic.I have people who cannot pass JSS3 exam till tommorrow but hold Bsc in nigeria you may as well get some with HND but the highest % will be BSC holders.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by klerry(m): 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2009
@ poster,
Are u trying to justify the fact that u have a 3rd class or what? If yes then try do something about your garde and stop massaging your ego(insecurity dey worry u)
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by jaybee3(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2009
Do they grade HND's
If they do and the person in question had something like a distinction or merit for the HND then that's way better than the 3rd class degree.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by nobility2: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2009
POINT OF CORRECTION,I MADE 2.1 IN ACCOUNTING AND UPPER CREDIT IN MY HND BUT THE TRUTH IS I HAVE SOME BSC WHO CANNOT PASS JSS 3.WHY ARE WE DEBATING ON BSC OR HND INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON INDIVIDUAL COMPETENCY.I AM WORKING AS A CHIEF ACCOUNTANT IN MY HEAD OFFICE AND I SEE THE PERFORMANCE OF SOME BSC/HND.I HOLD HND BEFORE I GO FOR BSC AND I AM GLAD BECAUSE IT GIVES ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONFRONT SOME OF U WHO TALK ANYHOW.FOR YOUR INFORMATION I AM ALSO A 400 LEVEL LAW STUDENT AT OAU SO I AM SURE OF MY FACTS.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by nobility2: 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job?
« #1 on: Today at 11:50:24 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
House members,enough is enough for HND,BSC talk in this country.If Nigerians like let them say HND is not better than SSCE fine.I am very sure that Nigerian will not back up good things, I stand to be corrected because if they do they wouldn't have allowed a sick man to contest election not to talk of president the country on sick bed intermittently.HND is second to none in education sector.I hold both HND and BSC and I can say authoritatively that BSC is cheap for lazy student while HND is hard for real.To confirm my fact use OSPO(owo)now Rufus Giwa POLY and Federal Poly,Ado and compared to UNAD, AAU,OAU,Edo State University,Yaba TECH, and tell me your facts.The highest percentage of dullards will be University product.Get me right,I am not saying University product are not good but they are no better than their mate in the same proffession in polytechnic.I have people who cannot pass JSS3 exam till tommorrow but hold Bsc in nigeria you may as well get some with HND but the highest % will be BSC holders.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by greatmic(m): 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2009
@nobility 2, you made a point and it is indeed a correct fact. Don't mind him It is insecurity  that is worrying him.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by clintonty(m): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2009
Enough of this discrimination. I don't blame the ministry of education, but the chief perpetrators are various employers. One of my life armour is "My Destiny in life has nothing to do with comparison or competetion". If u hold Bsc, and another folk holds HND, it doesn't mean that you will be more or less successful. Regards.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by shedo4real: 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2009
YOU KNOW GET WORK.kEEP ON BAGGING CERTIFICATE UPON CERTIFICATE, MAKE I SEE WEDA YOU GO USE AM GO HEAVEN. YOUR MATE DEY HARMER DEY BUY HUMMER GENIUNLY, YOU DEY THERE WON KILL YOUR SELF FOR STUDYING BOOK. WETIN; YOU TEAR PERSON CERTIFICATE, WELL IT MAY BE O because THIS DAYS WE KNOW DEY 2 SURE.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by awa(m): 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2009
nobility 2:

House members,enough is enough for HND,BSC talk in this country.If Nigerians like let them say HND is not better than SSCE fine.I am very sure that Nigerian will not back up good things, I stand to be corrected because if they do they wouldn't have allowed a seek man to contest election not to talk of president the country on sick bed intermittently.HND is second to none in education sector.I hold both HND and BSC and I can say authoritatively that BSC is cheap for lazy student while HND is hard for real.To confirm my fact use OSPO(owo)now Rufus Giwa POLY and Federal Poly,Ado and compared to UNAD, AAU,OAU,Edo State University,Yaba TECH, and tell me your facts.The highest percentage of dullards will be University product.Get me right,I am not saying University product are not good but they are no better than their mate in the same proffession in polytechnic.I have people who cannot pass JSS3 exam till tommorrow but hold Bsc in nigeria you may as well get some with HND but the highest % will be BSC holders.

Nobility,

You have said it all,
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by ganibola: 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
If u like, say HND is no certificate. That is ur problem. Bt I am vry sure it is people dt gained addmission thru d back door that thinks like u do. Tell me, how good are you? I'm sure u had 3rd class.was it nt same exam u did in skul dt pple who had 1st clas and 2.1 did ? Stop hiding behind ur B.Sc. Com out nd defend wat hav? U know it is always easy to stand behind a crowd bt it takes boldness to stand alone. My dear, stop hiding behind B.Sc / HND.Tell us wat u know.Even if it is SSCE, let us know u earned it.dnt jst come here nd tel us u hav Phd wen u cnt even defend u JSCE. Let wat u hav upstairs speak 4u. And 4 my padi we ask weda dem dey grade HND holders.D answer is yes. U can hav distinction, Upper credit,Lower crdt or pass.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by Lolladey(f): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2009
why should a 3rd class be happy in the first place to the extent of comparing himself with a HND holder. please it is God that provides people with good jobs
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by jdamian: 9:19am On Dec 01, 2009
@poster,i bow 4 u oh!How can u make such comparision.FYI,i finished 4rm a polytechnic n qualified 4 my ACA at once sitting,sth which sum Bsc cannot even do.Recently went 4 an interview n was given d job immediately cuz of dat fact in d midst of a lot of Bsc holders,i wud advise u 2 stop making such comparision n go and improve on urself.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by tyboy(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2009
look for something better than posting this rubbish , if u like get bsc , like get hnd, even u like get ssce it is what u
have upstairs that will speak for u
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by zebra(m): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2009
HND and Bsc are mere paper qualifications.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by maclatunji: 6:32am On Dec 03, 2009
If u are a prospective undergraduate know that HND is tougher than BSC. I have been to both institutions and believe me some universities are just crap. I acknowledge the brilliant ones though.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by Lacuzy: 9:54am On Dec 03, 2009
whether u have a first class, second(upper or lower), 3rd class, ond, hnd, wnd, phd, msc, ssce, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaze the most important thing is having a good job, a good career, and doing well financially. and achieving all this is Gods ending grace and divine favour. Forget about your qualification but doesnt mean we shouldnt work hard.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by bigrod1: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2009
[size=16pt]@poster,
guy,did u take something ?how can u compare hnd to bsc 3rd class.to me o,hnd 2.1 is on the same level with bsc 2.1.i have several guys in my office who are hnd holders.they are 3 times better than the bsc 2.1 guys.they are the whiz kids in the office.overall,it is what u can do as an individual dat matters not ur paper.(certificate).
[/size]
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by maxweber: 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2009
It is high time Nigeria put a stop to this paper qualification.That is why everybody is struggling to go to school.Now come to think of it, do you know that the two -two years for OND and HND makes Polytechnics more stressful?But Uni guys have some years to make up so if u have 3rd class them suppose flog dat person.How on earth person go compare 3rd class with the whole of HND.You can only compare 3rd class with 'HND Pass' ONLY.But my people POLYTECHNICS and UNIS has their objectives.For the real thing guys na POLY people get am( I mean people wey POLY go read).On-the-training POLY people dey perform best.Their 16 months IT is not a joke if one really did it in his or her field of study.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by Devonian(m): 9:52am On Feb 24, 2010
maxweber:

It is high time Nigeria put a stop to this paper qualification.That is why everybody is struggling to go to school.Now come to think of it, do you know that the two -two years for OND and HND makes Polytechnics more stressful?But Uni guys have some years to make up so if u have 3rd class them suppose flog dat person.How on earth person go compare 3rd class with the whole of HND.You can only compare 3rd class with 'HND Pass' ONLY.But my people POLYTECHNICS and UNIS has their objectives.For the real thing guys na POLY people get am( I mean people wey POLY go read).On-the-training POLY people dey perform best.Their 16 months IT is not a joke if one really did it in his or her field of study.

Are you aware that with the same SSCE results which qualified you to enrol on a 2-Year OND programme in Nigeria, you will enrol directly on a 2-Year HND programme in the UK, and it will take you only 2 years to gain your HND without necessarily spending 2 years studying for OND and another one year doing IT. The reality is this: red bricks universities in the UK wouldn’t accept HND, on its own merit, as equivalent of BSc. This is because 2 years studies after GCSE gets you HND if you go vocational route or GCE Advanced Level if you go down the academic route. Typically, after your A Level you spend 3 further years to get your BA/BSc, longer for courses in Engineering, Dentistry, Architecture, Medicine, etc.  Normally, HND holders enrol on top-up courses in order to gain their BA/BSc. Surely, if HND equals BA/BSc, there wouldn’t be any need to go on top-up courses in order to gain bachelor’s degrees. If you're applying to UK, US and CANADIAN universities which says minimum requirement to gain entry unto a PG course is 2.1 BA/BSc, I doubt, you'll ever get in with your HND with Distinction. Besides, BA/BSc First Class can enter PhD programmes, HND with distinction wouldn't be allowed to take such a leap.

The problem with Nigeria is that the British came and instituted systems/structures, half-a-century after, we're still operating the same systems/structures in Nigeria when the British had long dispensed with such systems/structures. GOOD LUCK.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by ishmael(m): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2010
Devonian:

Are you aware that with the same SSCE results which qualified you to enrol on a 2-Year OND programme in Nigeria, you will enrol directly on a 2-Year HND programme in the UK, and it will take you only 2 years to gain your HND without necessarily spending 2 years studying for OND and another one year doing IT. The reality is this: red bricks universities in the UK wouldn’t accept HND, on its own merit, as equivalent of BSc. This is because 2 years studies after GCSE gets you HND if you go vocational route or GCE Advanced Level if you go down the academic route. Typically, after your A Level you spend 3 further years to get your BA/BSc, longer for courses in Engineering, Dentistry, Architecture, Medicine, etc. Normally, HND holders enrol on top-up courses in order to gain their BA/BSc. Surely, if HND equals BA/BSc, there wouldn’t be any need to go on top-up courses in order to gain bachelor’s degrees. If you're applying to UK, US and CANADIAN universities which says minimum requirement to gain entry unto a PG course is 2.1 BA/BSc, I doubt, you'll ever get in with your HND with Distinction. Besides, BA/BSc First Class can enter PhD programmes, HND with distinction wouldn't be allowed to take such a leap.

The problem with Nigeria is that the British came and instituted systems/structures, half-a-century after, we're still operating the same systems/structures in Nigeria when the British had long dispensed with such systems/structures. GOOD LUCK.

HND in Nigeria is quite different from HND in the UK, so also is Nigerian Bsc different from Uk Bsc. HND in in Nigeria is a 2-year program. You can be admitted into it only if you have a 2-year ND pls 1 year Industrial training. A Bsc in Nigeria is a 4-year program. You are admitted into it with O' levels credits in GCE or you spend 3 years if you are admitted with A'levels. whereas in the UK it is 3 years you spend to get a Bsc.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by ishmael(m): 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2010
In terms of getting a job, it depends on what the employer wants. In Nigeria preference is given to Bsc holders with 2.1 and 2.2 against HND holders, but people with 3rd classdon't get that preference.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by Devonian(m): 6:57pm On Mar 03, 2010
ishmael:

HND in Nigeria is quite different from HND in the UK, so also is Nigerian Bsc different from Uk Bsc. HND in in Nigeria is a 2-year program. You can be admitted into it only if you have a 2-year ND pls 1 year Industrial training. A Bsc in Nigeria is a 4-year program. You are admitted into it with O' levels credits in GCE or you spend 3 years if you are admitted with A'levels. whereas in the UK it is 3 years you spend to get a Bsc.

@ ishmael:

Thanks for stating the obvious. It leaves me wondering whether or not you read and understood my post. let me clarify myself using an analogy: Chioma and Ngozi both completed their SSCE at Queen's College, Yaba, Lagos. They both earned A in 8 Arts Social Science papers including English and Maths, hoping to earn HND in Mass Communications. With the same result, Chioma applied to a Nigerian Polytechnic, She'll spend two years doing her ND, 1 year doing IT and another two years to gain her HND. With the same result, Ngozi appied to Kensington and Chelsea College, London, she'll spend 2 years gaining her HND. To enter the employment world or proceed on further studies, both Chioma and Ngozi would be regarded as HND holders: no more no less. The reality is Ngozi would save 3 years (which Chioma is wasting doing her IT and HND).

1 Like

Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by JosephUdoh1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2013
what about BSC in University of Calabar?... Unical is my first/second Choice of Institution comes 2013.... Can i still rely on them?.... Pls help me with some piece of information....
I remain Joseph4Love.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by anticent(m): 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
What a dumb thread. I have seen HND holders saying publicly that they have lower credit yet still making waves. I am yet to see a 3rd class Bsc holder who can say this publicly.3rd class is no equal to HND lower credit. Do you really know what it means to have a 3rd class certificate in this society?
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
nobility 2: House members,enough is enough for HND,BSC talk in this country.If Nigerians like let them say HND is not better than SSCE fine.I am very sure that Nigerian will not back up good things, I stand to be corrected because if they do they wouldn't have allowed a seek man to contest election not to talk of president the country on sick bed intermittently.HND is second to none in education sector.I hold both HND and BSC and I can say authoritatively that BSC is cheap for lazy student while HND is hard for real.To confirm my fact use OSPO(owo)now Rufus Giwa POLY and Federal Poly,Ado and compared to UNAD, AAU,OAU,Edo State University,Yaba TECH, and tell me your facts.The highest percentage of dullards will be University product.Get me right,I am not saying University product are not good but they are no better than their mate in the same proffession in polytechnic.I have people who cannot pass JSS3 exam till tommorrow but hold Bsc in nigeria you may as well get some with HND but the highest % will be BSC holders.
Guy no they waste your energy. B.Sc H.N.D saga has to do with the law statutory law creating them. If you are shouting about individual abilities, then I can tell you that we have Common diploma/O.N.D students who are also far better than H.N.D holders
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
nobility 2: POINT OF CORRECTION,I MADE 2.1 IN ACCOUNTING AND UPPER CREDIT IN MY HND BUT THE TRUTH IS I HAVE SOME BSC WHO CANNOT PASS JSS 3.WHY ARE WE DEBATING ON BSC OR HND INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON INDIVIDUAL COMPETENCY.I AM WORKING AS A CHIEF ACCOUNTANT IN MY HEAD OFFICE AND I SEE THE PERFORMANCE OF SOME BSC/HND.I HOLD HND BEFORE I GO FOR BSC AND I AM GLAD BECAUSE IT GIVES ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONFRONT SOME OF U WHO TALK ANYHOW.FOR YOUR INFORMATION I AM ALSO A 400 LEVEL LAW STUDENT AT OAU SO I AM SURE OF MY FACTS.
Please talk like someone who is educated. Kindly ask yourself this question. Are all H.N.D holders brilliant than all B.sc holders? Was B.Sc degree and H.N.D law enacted by individual perfromance
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by samilo88(m): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
nobility 2: House members,enough is enough for HND,BSC talk in this country.If Nigerians like let them say HND is not better than SSCE fine.I am very sure that Nigerian will not back up good things, I stand to be corrected because if they do they wouldn't have allowed a seek man to contest election not to talk of president the country on sick bed intermittently.HND is second to none in education sector.I hold both HND and BSC and I can say authoritatively that BSC is cheap for lazy student while HND is hard for real.To confirm my fact use OSPO(owo)now Rufus Giwa POLY and Federal Poly,Ado and compared to UNAD, AAU,OAU,Edo State University,Yaba TECH, and tell me your facts.The highest percentage of dullards will be University product.Get me right,I am not saying University product are not good but they are no better than their mate in the same proffession in polytechnic.I have people who cannot pass JSS3 exam till tommorrow but hold Bsc in nigeria you may as well get some with HND but the highest % will be BSC holders.
From what you've written I can infer that u don't have any Bsc which u claim to have. Your written english is as bad as that of a primary one pupil and yet u have d guts to say Bsc is cheap. Try work on your punctuation when u writing,it really makes it difficult for someone to decipher what you writing.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by DrDoGood1(m): 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
samilo88:
From what you've written I can infer that u don't have any Bsc which u claim to have. Your written english is as bad as that of a primary one pupil and yet u have d guts to say Bsc is cheap. Try work on your punctuation when u writing,it really makes it difficult for someone to decipher what you writing.

Thank you for the killing, "it's Oyibo man fault" grin grin shocked shocked cool tongue lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
The British Hnd is a degree without honours (a third class). But that is not true with nigeria. Dumb thread.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by dayopti(m): 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
The University grading system is even a problem compare to the Polytechnic grading system. In the university, it is possible for a student to score below average and still make a second class lower (e. g 3.49 - 2.40 out of 5. 0 points) that means if you score a GPA of 2.4/5.0 that second class lower. But in poly it not so u most score above average to have lower credit (e.g 2.99 - 2.50 out of 4.0 points). I finished my HND With a lower credit even the lower credit I struggled to get it from Petroleum Training Institute(PTI) and 7 years later while working and schooling without stress I got a strong 2.1, second class upper with a GPA of 4.38 and some people will come and display their ignorance and say that 3rd class is better than HND.
Re: Hnd Holder Vs 3rd Class Bsc Holder, Who Has More Advantage To Secure A Job? by azelab: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
all we shd pray for is d blessing and mercy of GOD on our certificates.

(1) (Reply)

Erisco Foods Limited Job Recruitment (13 Positions) / Is there embargo on recruitment in Fed. Universities and Poly In Nigeria ? / Lead City High School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.