Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments (578 Views)

SSS Arrests Social Media Users For Posting 'Inciting Materials' / Man Narrowly Escapes Rape By Gay At A Private Party & The Comments Are Hilarious / Inventor Of Suicide Game Blue Whale 'admits Inciting 16 Girls To Kill Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by CEO1(m): 8:39am On Jan 22, 2017
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, has advised religious leaders to eschew inciting statements capable of igniting trouble among Nigerians.
Abubakar made the call at the Abdullahi Fodio award presentation and book launch in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State on Saturday.
The event, titled: “Gwandu Emirate: the domain of Abdullahi Fodio since 1805,” was organised by the Gwandu Emirate Development Association.
He said inflammatory comments would further divide and polarise the nation and pointed out that every religion was preaching peace, unity and solidarity among its faithful.
The Sultan condemned the insurgent activities pervading the North Eastern part of the country and commended President Muhammadu Buhari for his efforts in curtailing the menace.
Abubakar commended the Federal Government for reintroducing history as a subject in schools, stressing that without history, humanity would not discover itself.
The Sultan said the book, which chronicled the religious and cultural heritage of the Gwandu Emirate, was timely, adding: “We will continue to support historical findings.”
Earlier, in his remarks, the Emir of Gwandu, Alhaji Muhammad Bashar, said the event was an attempt to reward those who contributed to the development of the emirate, especially preservation of the rich cultural heritage of the emirate.
Bashar commended the efforts of Buhari to diversify the economy and the fight against corruption.
He said the nation under the present administration was heading to progress devoid of religious, tribal or sectional considerations.
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar extoled the virtues of Abdullahi Fodio and called on leaders to emulate the legacies of the late Islamic scholar especially: on federalism, revenue allocation and the rule of law.
Abubakar said as an elder statesman, he would continue to support historical investigations with a view to promote research and intellectual development.
Governor Atiku Bagudu commended the efforts of Gwandu Emirate for launching the book and recognising those who contributed immensely to the development of the emirate.
Bagudu said the book would serve as very important tool in tracing the historical happenings in the emirate, stressing that Abdullahi Fodio was a hero.
He said the state government would continue to preserve historical facts and artifacts for present generation and posterity.
The governor also reiterated the state government resolves to continue to support agriculture.
Fourteen people were honoured during the ceremony.
They included a former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Legbo Kutigi; former Governor Aliyu Wammako; retired Colonel Sani Bello; Alhaji Aliko Dangote; Lamido Birnin Bayero and Justice Abdulkadir Ore.
The others were: Governor Atiku Bagudu, Jaiz Bank, Isah Mafara, Usman Magawata, Prof. Aisha Aliyu and Chairman of Daily Trust Newspapers, Kabiru Yusuf.
A total of N101 million was realised at the launching with the highest donation of N10 million by Atiku Abubakar.

source: https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/248722/sultan-sokoto-advises-religious-leaders-inciting-comments

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by SexyNairalander: 8:40am On Jan 22, 2017
booked
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by myqel(m): 8:41am On Jan 22, 2017
On this special day some years ago, a special child was born...lo and behold there was great joy in heaven and on earth because of his peculiarity.... that child is ME, MYSELF AND I
Happy birthday to me, wish myself many happy returns in good health, peace, joy, riches and other good attributes (Amen)
Nairalanders should please show me some love so that friends outside this forum would know I have a strong family here...1000 likes would not be badwink Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by Kondomatic(m): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2017
myqel:
On this special day some years ago, a special child was born...lo and behold there was great joy in heaven and on earth because of his peculiarity.... that child is ME, MYSELF AND I
Happy birthday to me, wish myself many happy returns in good health, peace, joy, riches and other good attributes (Amen)
Nairalanders should please show me some love so that friends outside this forum would know I have a strong family here...1000 likes would not be badwink Thanks!
Happy birthday, may God bless your new age.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by drss2(m): 8:45am On Jan 22, 2017
rubbish.
d satan of sokoto should keep his ill dis-honest advice to himself.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2017
Who's more conversant with violence words than muslem leaders.

Muslems don't just incite violent statements but backed it up with killing of the innocents.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 22, 2017
.Sharing a country with the North is a terrible misfortune that had ever happened to this nation called Nigerian

Yorubas are approximately 50% Muslims but are at peace with their Christian brothers and never raised a finger to kill anyone in the name of Mohammed
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by thesicilian: 9:29am On Jan 22, 2017
Now they are all getting worried. Ever since their people started slaughtering innocent southerners they kept quiet. Now that the battle line is being drawn they are beginning to crawl out if their hell holes with deceitful advises.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by Rapmaestro(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2017
eshietIntrepid:
Who's more conversant with violence words than muslem leaders.

Muslems don't just incite violent statements but backed it up with killing of the innocents.
and then the xtians are following suite... Jesus wouldn't be happy to see y'all calling for revenge....
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Advises Religious Leaders Against Inciting Comments by myqel(m): 8:36am On Jan 29, 2017
Kondomatic:
Happy birthday, may God bless your new age.

thanks

(1) (Reply)

See How This Man Was Heavily Humiliated For Stealling Phones / Woman Sues Assassin For Failing To Murder Her After Receiving Part-payment / Four French Police Officers Rape 22yr Old Black Man During Arrest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.