Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,938 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Two Thousand Years Old Sword That Is So Very Sharp Found In China!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Two Thousand Years Old Sword That Is So Very Sharp Found In China!!! (727 Views)

FG Discovers Thousand Of Ghost Workers In Police Payroll. / A Picture Says Thousand Words. / Meet The "Strongest Man" In Akwa Ibom Who Is 77 Years Old. See What He Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Thousand Years Old Sword That Is So Very Sharp Found In China!!! by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2017
The 2,300-year-old sword has taken experts by surprise since despite its antiquity, the sword, and its sheath are in perfect state of conservation. Experts indicate that the sword did not oxidize because the tomb chamber had been sealed.
Chinese archaeologists have discovered in the Henan Province (central-eastern China) a steel sword forged more than 2,300 years ago.

According to the news agency TASS, the sword was discovered during the excavation of a tomb in Xinyang city.
Despite its antiquity, the sword, and its sheath are in perfect state of conservation. In a video published on social networks, it can be observed that the blade of the weapon maintains practically the original sharpening.
After carefully removing the mud-covered sword from the coffin, archaeologists cleaned the sheath before separating the blade from its cover at around 12 pm on December 30.

Liu Yong, the deputy supervisor of the Chengyang Protected District, who witnessed the sword-drawing ceremony said he was extremely impressed by the ancient weapon.
The ancient city of Chengyang is the best preserved and largest city of the ancient kingdom of Chu (770-223 BC). It is located 25km north of Xinyang city in Henan Province. The city is believed to have been established around 2,700 years ago as the barracks of the Chu Kingdom.
Through a poem, he said that even though the loyal general had died, his treasured sword was still glittering.
However, experts are yet to confirm the identity of the owner of the ancient sword.

Furthermore, laboratory results of the tests showed that the ancient sword was forged during the period of the Warring States, which lasted from 475 BC to 221 AD.
This period is considered by scholars as the golden age of Chinese culture and, according to historians, had a significant influence on the development of the Han dynasty.
This led to the development of science and the application of scientific advances in production, which prompted an increase in trade.
However, according to reports, such discoveries certainly aren’t new for the Henan Province.
In April 2016, archaeologists unearthed a number of 3,000-year-old coffins after discovering 22 tombs dating from the Shang Dynasty (1600 BC-1046 BC).
Historians believe the site was a “family burial place,” belonging to “affluent people, possibly aristocrats.”

Source:http://realweirdfacts..com.ng/2017/01/researchers-in-china-find-2000-year-old.html
Re: Two Thousand Years Old Sword That Is So Very Sharp Found In China!!! by Sebastine1994(m): 10:10am On Jan 22, 2017
IDEA'S TO CHANGE NIGERIA.
I dont want to be part of those nigerian always complaining without proffering a solution. Here is my own solution to our problem
IF I were MR buhari, I would centralise the education sector. It will work similar way to our federal government. The ministry of education can handle it from that angle. There would be no private school. If the government can do better the private schools will slowly die out.
START FROM KOGI: KOGI state does not need more schools but standard. I would renovate all primary and secondary schools. Every local government should have a standard modern school.
1. Provide buses to convey people living far to school
2. Provide hot meal for them
3. Principals should be chosen based on quality.
4. There should be no school fees.
Assume that 30 million student attend that school. They are to pay 500 each week to the central school. That will be 15billion. In a month that will be 60 billion. The centre school (headquarter) will invest this money in something productive. The more they collect And spend the faster the economy grows. When there is work, parents can afford the fees.
THINGS THE HEADQUARTERS CAN DO
1. It will make quality education its priority
2. There will be so many educated nigerian citizens. Affordable education for all irrespective of background.
3. It will build a better teaching college to boast teacher moral.
4. Teaching will become attractive. Teaching will become a profession.
5. It can afford to organise quiz,debate and give out mouth watering prizes to motivate student
6. It can afford to hire foreign staff. Buy laboratory equipment without government support.
7. It can offer good scholarship to poor student to study in a university
8. It can afford to lobby on behalf of the schools.
9. We would have world class student if we implement this.
10. We would no longer go to Ghana or abroad to get quality education. We would even save some foreign exchange. Ghanaian will want to study in nigeria. All these foreign school in nigeria will close up.
This is not rocket science. It is something easy. For the first time let us think outside the box. I swear this plan will work. If you have question ask so I can improve it. I am the last surviving nigerian. I need your help guys. Share this idea everywhere. You never know who might be reading. Facebook is included. Odohsebastine1994@gmail.com
Re: Two Thousand Years Old Sword That Is So Very Sharp Found In China!!! by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 22, 2017
Are u serious??
Re: Two Thousand Years Old Sword That Is So Very Sharp Found In China!!! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
Re: Two Thousand Years Old Sword That Is So Very Sharp Found In China!!! by sdavirus: 8:46am On Feb 17, 2017
Interesting read. Was hoping to see the pics though

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Picture Of Couples Using Kitchen Knife To Cut Cake / Student Of Taisued Ijebu Ode Goes On Protest(updates) / The Five(5) Love Languages For Singles And Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.