Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old (4148 Views)

10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us / Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by jerrykho(m): 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Sonic the Hedgehog has been around for a quarter of a century.

The Game Boy is all grown up at 27-years-old.

Released in 1989, the same year as the fall of the Berlin wall.
If Mario were a real person, he would be about 59 years old.
According to Shigeru Miyamoto, Mario “was about 24-25 years old” when he first appeared in Donkey Kong back in 1981.

High school seniors today have NEVER experienced the release of a Sega home console.
The final Sega home console, the Dreamcast, was released in the US on September 9, 1999.

1 Share

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by jerrykho(m): 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
“Fatality” took on a whole new meaning when Mortal Kombat first splattered pixelated blood on our screens 24 years ago.
And caused the formation of the ESRB.

It’s been 12 years since we last got a Mega Man X game.

And it’s been A DECADE since the Wii was first released.
The console was released on November 19, 2006.

If the Playstation were a human, it would be old enough to drink.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by jerrykho(m): 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
It’s been14 years since wireless controllers were released forever liberating us from accidentally tripping over them.

It’s been 22 years since Battletoads (Pimple, Zitz, and Rash) had their own game.
Their last official game was Battletoads Arcade, released in 1994.

You can now play Doom, the ultra-violent, mind-blowing, first-person 3D shooter that broke all sorts of technical grounds back in 1993, on theMacbook Pro Touch Bar.

The N64 is older than the class of 2017 graduating university students .

Marvel vs. Capcom was released the same year Google was founded.

1 Like

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by jerrykho(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
This is how old the main cast of The Wizard is today:
Yes, that’s Fred Savage.

Final Fantasy VII will be 20 YEARS OLD next year.

…and so will Mario Kart 64.

Speaking of 64, the last video game to ever be labelled “64” was released 15 years ago.
Dr. Mario 64 was released April 8, 2001.

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by jerrykho(m): 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
Pokémon Red and Blue was introduced to the world the same year that Tom Holland, the new Peter Parker in Spider-Man: Homecoming, was born.

And there were 651 LESS Pokémon back in 1996.You can fit the entire NES library into a single 128 gb SD card roughly 426 times.

According to a Reddit thread.
If Lara Croft were a real person, she would be 48 years old.
She was born February 14, 1968.

The viral video of the N64 kid was uploaded onto YouTube TEN YEARS OLD.
The video itself is 18 years old.
Kylie Jenner was barely two weeks old when this game was released:

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by jerrykho(m): 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
Here’s what Phil Moore, the host of Nick Arcade, looks like today:

Street Fighter II is older than Justin Bieber:
Street Fighter II came out in 1991.
Bieber was born in 1994.

Also, Ryu is 52-years-old:And Ken Masters is 50.

According to TMNT: Turtles in Time, in four years, this is what the year 2020 will look like:
Filled with neon and hovering Turtle boards.

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by jerrykho(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
This commercial for the first Super Smash Bros. came out the same year that Napster debuted:
NO ONE from the Class of 2017 was around when The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was first released.

If Final Fantasy VIII continued until today, these would be the ages of the main characters:

And finally, The first-ever commercial video game console, the Magnavox Odyssey, was released 44 years ago.

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by cao(f): 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
Thank you for reminding me about my oldness...

1 Like

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
I will be playing video games till I die.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by Mckandre(m): 1:47am On Jan 25, 2017
I'm 45 and m still playing more than ever cheesy

1 Like

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by FrancisAdl(m): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2017
Game addiction over drugs! Any day anytime IDGAF!

1 Like

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by vidgament: 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2017
Great stuff! Thanks for the nostalgic content. Gaming is a way of life smiley

1 Like

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by HyDef(m): 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2017
I can relate to about half of these... Ocarina of Time, Smash Bros... I've come a long way. cry

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by Fundamentalist: 7:02am On Feb 01, 2017
its been 18 years of game addiction grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 12, 2017
I know most all these but 2 . but I'm early 20s it was my big brothers who introduced me when I was young
Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2017
HyDef:
I can relate to about half of these... Ocarina of Time, Smash Bros... I've come a long way. cry
u also a old man tongue

uncle u remember "Crash bandicoot" donkey Kong and rayman??

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by HyDef(m): 10:55am On Feb 12, 2017
RedRubberDucky:
u also a old man tongue

uncle u remember "Crash bandicoot" donkey Kong and rayman??

Of course! Crash Bandicoot I had heard of, but I played a Crash game for the first time on my GBA SP.

Donkey Kong, of course, of course! I even watched the DK show that was out in the 90s!

Rayman, I was only exposed to during the GBA days. Don't know so much about the character, but I thought his detached arms were hilarious. :p

But I'm not old! :p
Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
HyDef:

Of course! Crash Bandicoot I had heard of, but I played a Crash game for the first time on my GBA SP.

Donkey Kong, of course, of course! I even watched the DK show that was out in the 90s!

Rayman, I was only exposed to during the GBA days. Don't know so much about the character, but I thought his detached arms were hilarious. :p

But I'm not old! :p
if u have a Android phone 2 versions of Rayman is available on the app.store for FREE and the graphics a good.

Donkey Kong is making a reappearance on 'Wii u' console
Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 26, 2017
I love my life, video games, anime,manga & light novel are my very own poison. too bad work has reduced my enjoyment time by 30%.

BUT I STILL DEY
Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by Kyllahmc(m): 1:42am On Feb 28, 2017
Haha wow how time fly.. Me and video game have come a long way ooo... I could remember my Uncle introducing me to SEGA back in the year 2000.. And i automatically fell inlove with video game..
I remember sneaking out of school to go play Ultimate mortal kombat 3 and international soccer star "he shoot!!!" if you know what I mean lol
With those cartoon like graphics back then they were still the bomb!
No be now wey kids dey enjoy realistic live like graphics from FIFA and PES sad
Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by Microgenius: 4:35am On Mar 03, 2017
All this games and console na wa oo...
But where u put

NES:
Duck hunt
Contra
Frontline
Flintstone
Hogans alley

SNES:
Killer instinct
Super Mario Allstars
Ultimate mortal kombat 3
Super street fighter II turbo
Alien War
Iss

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM
Alex kidd in the miracle world
Shinobi
Rastan Taito

SEGA GENESIS/SEGA MEGA DRIVE
Italian 90
Super hangon
Sonic the hedgehog 1 2 3
Tiny toons
MK 1,2,3 and ultimate
ISS
Chase HQ
Street of rage
NBA jam

PS
Tekken II
Winning eleven aka Shutuu
Metal gear solid II
Dino crisis II
Medi evil
Soul reaver
Ten chu
Tomb raider
Grand prix tourismo
Re: Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old by TransLucent(m): 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
Wow, those were days seriously! Battleoftoads* amazing game i used to play this in my childhood on a video game shop. It was a funny game grin amazing days sad

(1) (Reply)

Netmarbles Marvel Future Fight / Ps2, Xbox 360 And Nintendo Wii, Which One Should I Buy? / How To Get Free Roblox Accounts With Robux That Work 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.