Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:27 PM

Group Pays For A Child’ S Heart Surgery With Donations From Kind Nigerians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Group Pays For A Child’ S Heart Surgery With Donations From Kind Nigerians (665 Views)

How NCDC Distributed Jack Ma's Donations Nationwide (Photos) / Sick Baby, Benaiah Monday, Dies on his way to Dubai for his heart surgery / Kenny Martins, Friends Lift Sadiq Daba’s Spirit With Donations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Group Pays For A Child’ S Heart Surgery With Donations From Kind Nigerians by bethelmendels(m): 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
A humanitarian organization, Voice of Change Network International through its Project-Help-a-Child initiative has supported little David Elijah, born with a hole in the heart, to raise about N2million through public donation for his heart surgery. The surgery was successfully done and the child hale and hearty.

According to the leader of the group, Azemobor Gregory, who spoke during a compassionate visit to the child and the parents at Tristatecardiovascular Centre in Babcock University, Ogun State, where the surgery was done, he said “ recently, our organization visited LASUTH and LUTH in Lagos and it was shocking to discover the number of abandoned poor kids with cases of hole-the-heart-ailment. Many of the parents have spent several years trying to raise the needed fund for their children’s surgery. But all to no avail. Also, we gathered that a large number of abandoned poor kids are also awaiting assistance from Kanu Heart Foundation. It is a sad tale of neglect by society and we believe we can do something to save the lives of these hapless kids. So in view of the this sad reality, Project-Help-a-Child team has launched a public fund raising campaign to support about 200 indigent kids with Free heart surgery. Presently, we are putting together a comprehensive data base of all identified poor kid with hole-in-the-heart ailment, across the country.”
Speaking further, Azemobor said

“Several months ago, we started a campaign to save the life of baby Elijah Ayanu, who was born with a hole in the heart. We solicited for public donations to raise money for his heart surgery. Many kind-hearted people gave to support the cause.
I am happy to announce to you that the surgery has been successfully done, the child is alive, hale and hearty.

Many thanks to all the kind-hearted people that donated to save the life of baby Elijah.
Special thanks to Tristatecardiovascular Centre, Babcock University, who did the surgery at a highly subsidized rate. We were supposed to pay about N4million , but they compassionately collected just N1.5 million

We also want to say a big thank you to the management of Television continental (TVC) for their support. They did a video clip of the child’s condition which was broadcasted on their station to get public donations. The response was very positive.

Let me also appreciate all my friends on facebook( and other social media), who donated to save the life of baby Elijah
An anonymous lady from USA donated a huge sum of money-thank you my sister. I don’t know you, but my God who knows you will reward you abundantly.

Thank you to all the blogs and online news portals that published the story

Thank you to the Project-Help-a-Child Team members who rallied round to make this project a success, especially my good brother Bennett Chukwuonu, who was always on the road travelling from Lagos to the hospital at Ogun State, making all the necessary arrangements to help the child.

Finally, let me appreciate the almighty God who made it possible. He was the one Who used all the people that supported us to save the life of baby Elijah.

Baba-God we thank you for using us to do your work. We pledge our commitment to do your will all the days of our lives; we shall live to serve HUMANITY”’

The Project-Help-a-Child initiative has set a target to support about 200 indigent kids with hole-in-the heart ailment, with financial assistance for their heart surgery, through public donations. Baby Elijah is our first testimony. Already we have started a campaign for 3 other kids. To support this project in any way, please contact :Email: info@projecthelpachild.com, Website: www.projecthelpachild.com , Tel: +2348084701414, +2348087656176

source: http://vocnewsonline.com/group-pays-for-a-child-s-heart-surgery-with-donations-from-kind-nigerians/

(1) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists Humble Pathologist Doctor / CLA Safflower Oil - Does It Work Or Scam? / Btw Cancer, Red Meat, Barbecue And Suya(Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.