Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,153 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Persecution Of The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Persecution Of The Church (361 Views)

Sanctions Must Be Placed On Nigeria After Christian Persecution - UK Group / Religious Persecution: US Places Nigeria On Special Watch List Of Countries / The Persecution Of Bangladeshi Christians On Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Persecution Of The Church by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
Persecution of the Church
Sunday 22-01-2017

Matthew 5:11-12
Matthew 5:11
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Matthew 5:12
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

For about a month now ,the body of Jesus Christ ( Christendom/Church) in Nigeria has suffered much affliction so to say. Of course this caused a lot of contrary views among the political class in the country, traditional rulers and Christians. But before I proceed ,I would like us to take a deep look at this Bible verses:
Matthew 24:9
"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me."
Matthew 24:10
"At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,"
This is among the signs of the end time as Jesus Christ foretold in Matthew 24.l was initially worried when the recent attack on Christians was politized. One thing is sure: that we live in the end time. And certainly, the Word of God must be fulfilled.

Christianity in the end time is focused on : the ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18-20 ), evangelism ( Matthew 28:18-20 ) persecution and tribulations for the sake of God/Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 3:12 )and righteousness, joy and peace in the Holy Ghost (Rom.14:17) You may be thinking; where is God's promise of protection for His children as written in Psalms 91 and the rest. Now,before I proceed ,note this: persecution is suffering for the sake of God/Jesus Christ. Indeed, God has promised us protection, no doubt, the Bible is clear on this. But the protection of God towards us His children is not against persecution but against His judgement unto the world. Now, take a look at this: Psalm 91:3-6
Psalms 91:3
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
Psalms 91:4
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
Psalms 91:5
You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
Psalms 91:6
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
The peace of God is guaranteed for us against pestilence and tribulations that would befall the world and those that the world is currently experiencing.

We as Christians, there are only two things we can do under this circumstance (1)pray that the persecution of the Church should not take longer than necessary ( Matthew 24:20-22) and (2) that God should give us grace to overcome. ( Revelation 2:10) We are not to revenge anything :" Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord." Romans 12:19. Take your mind from the idea that some sect of people are trying to Islamize Nigeria, and focus your mind on spreading the Gospel which is the power of God to save (Rom. 1:16)

Inasmuch as you stand for God, the world will persecute you ( John 15:18-20) , if the world is at peace with you ( that is ,don't trouble you) ,there is something wrong somewhere. This does not mean ,they would trouble you every minute of the day and again the persecution can be in form of verbal abuse, physical scourging ,exclusion from the society, incarceration among others ( Matthew 5:11)

In conclusion: Revelation 2:8-11
Revelation 2:8
"To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.
Revelation 2:9
I know your afflictions and your poverty-- yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
Revelation 2:10
Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Revelation 2:11
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Meditation
Please read these Bible verses/passages:
John 15:18-20; Matthew 5:44; 1 Peter 4:12-14; 1 Peter 3:14; Luke 6:22; Romans 12:17-21; 2 Corinthians 12:10.
Thanks for reading ,God bless you.

Written by Confidence Ishaka.
A labourer in the Lord's vineyard.

(1) (Reply)

Even The Faintest Call / God Is Not Author Of Confusion - The Bible / Popular Prophet, Baba Peculiar Builds Cathederal For Widows,orphanages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.