Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Appzone Or Deloitte Which One Is Better..advice A Friend Pls.. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Appzone Or Deloitte Which One Is Better..advice A Friend Pls.. (3432 Views)

Abuja People, Help A Friend, Pls!!! He Is A Licensed Driver. / Front Desk Personnel Urgently Needed At Appzone Nigeria Limited - Apply / New Job Openings At Appzone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appzone Or Deloitte Which One Is Better..advice A Friend Pls.. by teeslim: 11:29am On Jan 23, 2017
A friend of mine is contemplating BTW appzone nd deloitte interm of salary package nd others...pls advice
Re: Appzone Or Deloitte Which One Is Better..advice A Friend Pls.. by dingbang(m): 11:33am On Jan 23, 2017
People are looking for jobs.... Just take one

1 Like

Re: Appzone Or Deloitte Which One Is Better..advice A Friend Pls.. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Omo, ground level for u ooo. Choose one and connect me with the other one.
Re: Appzone Or Deloitte Which One Is Better..advice A Friend Pls.. by simiolu1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2017
Depends on a number of factors.

1. What course did your friend study in school?

A Computer Science/Engineering major should go to Appzone where he or she would be exposed to software development while someone who studied accountancy/law/social science degree should go to Deloiite.

2. What are your friends' future career plans?

I know a Political Science undergrad of Unilag who is really into software development. In fact, he had so many projects to do last semester that he failed like 4 courses. Not because Pol Science isn't a good course but because he sees his future in software. If your friend wants a future career in Tech and wants to develop Tech Skills (UI/UX design, Prototyping, Front End, Back End, Software Testing, Agile, etc) he or she should go to Appzone. But if he or she wants a future career in professional services, Deloitte would be the better bet.

3. What type of job would he or she be doing?

When I did my internship, I worked in a major Telecoms company on the Island while I lived in Ipaja (though there was staff bus). I learned the basics of Microwave transmission (installation, decommission, link provisioning), Networking, 2G, 3G, LTE Architecture etc and I was even climbing 50m masts for a salary of 18k. I had friends who worked at FAAN (inside MMA, Ikeja) collecting 15k who were only carrying files for oga, buying amala, going to the bank to deposit money into someone's account and other radarada while collecting tips from oga. These set of people told me my internship was too stressful, that 18k was not worth the risk. After 6 months of working, I had learnt and done so much while they had learnt or done nothing!

Why the story? If any of those places would be giving your friend a job that will add little or nothing to him or her, he or she should walk away from it without looking at the monetary gains that would be lost.

I almost forgot; if your friend knows he or she won't be able to cope in a very fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and a lot of pressure he or she should run from Deloitte. How do I know? My brother has a female friend who started working at Deloitte some time ago. For the first 3 - 6 months she used to cry at work. Only reason she stayed was because my brother made her realize what working for Deloitte for 3 years would do to her career. She has said that after 3 years she will stop working there.

I hope I made enough sense. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Appzone Or Deloitte Which One Is Better..advice A Friend Pls.. by teeslim: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
simiolu1:

1. What course did your friend studying in school?

A Computer Science/Engineering major should go to Appzone where he or she would be exposed to software development while someone who studied accountancy/law/social science degree should go to Deloiite.

I know a Political Science undergrad of Unilag who is really into software development. In fact, he had so many projects to do last semester that he failed like 4 courses. Not because Pol Science isn't a good course but because he sees his future in software. If your friend wants a future career in Tech and wants to develop Tech Skills (UI/UX design, Prototyping, Front End, Back End, Software Testing, Agile, etc) he or she should go to Appzone. But if he or she wants a future career in professional services, Deloitte would be the better bet.

When I did my internship, I worked in a major Telecoms company on the Island while I lived in Ipaja (though there was staff bus). I learned the basics of Microwave transmission (installation, decommission, link provisioning), Networking, 2G, 3G, LTE Architecture etc and I was even climbing 50m masts for a salary of 18k. I had friends who worked at FAAN (inside MMA, Ikeja) collecting 15k who were only carrying files for oga, buying amala, going to the bank to deposit money into someone's account and other radarada while collecting tips from oga. These set of people told me my internship was too stressful, that 18k was not worth the risk. After 6 months of working, I had learnt and done so much while they had learnt or done nothing!

Why the story? If any of those places would be giving your friend a job that will add little or nothing to him or her, he or she should walk away from it without looking at the monetary gains that would be lost.

I almost forgot; if your friend knows he or she won't be able to cope in a very fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and a lot of pressure he or she should run from Deloitte. How do I know? My brother has a female friend who started working at Deloitte some time ago. For the first 3 - 6 months she used to cry at work. Only reason she stayed was because my brother made her realize what working for Deloitte for 3 years would do to her career. She has said that after 3 years she will stop working there.

Thank u very much..

Intern of salary nko which one is d best

Re: Appzone Or Deloitte Which One Is Better..advice A Friend Pls.. by teeslim: 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
simiolu1:

1. What course did your friend studying in school?

Thank u very much

What about their salaries.
Which one is better...
Re: Appzone Or Deloitte Which One Is Better..advice A Friend Pls.. by simiolu1(m): 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
teeslim:

Thank u very much

What about their salaries.
Which one is better...

You welcome.

I don't know the specifics but I think both should pay a fresh graduate between 120-200k (and I'm being very generous with that upper limit.) That being said, if your friend's biggest motivating factor is the pay, then I guess I wasted my time typing that epistle.

Peace cool cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Three Farm Workers Needed / Re> Mtn Call Center / I Rejected $1000 Salary In 2008.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.