Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) (25809 Views)

King Air Jet Rams Into Fence At Lagos Airport After Brake Failure / Fatal Accident At Upper Iweka, Onitsha. 5 Dead, Others Injured (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Explosion In Benue,many Dead,others Injured(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by godson4u79(m): 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mr man open your eyes and brains to read well before splitting rubbish from that stinking brain. Moreover 50km/h or 60km/h is just like catwalking on such good road.

Na Na brake failure..

loomer:
With bad roads, I still no understand how people dey drive over 50-60km/h for naija.

Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by freeeeme(m): 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lekki-Epe Road, one of the best road connection in Lagos. And this route is where you can experience working traffic lights or stop signs, and different traffic control officers to manage the flow of traffic . No doubt that dis accident is 99% fault of the Driver. There must have being signal from the car about the brake failure, even more than 24 hours prior to that accident. But silly mentality of procrastination and no valve of live by public drivers in Lagos State have arise to this accident.

SUGGESTION: 1. Proper monitoring by Lagos State Transportation Authority. 2. Continual driver licence verification by FRSC. 3. Frequent public enlightenment/motor park rally by NGOs and Government agencies. 4. Official vehicle inspection for roadworthiness should be introduce to frequently inspect the status of the public buses.
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by loomer: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
godson4u79:
Mr man open your eyes and brains to read well before splitting rubbish from that stinking brain. Moreover 50km/h or 60km/h is just like catwalking on such good road.

Na Na brake failure..

For your mind u sabi insult.

Me and u who supos use brain? If person no over speed how u expect that kind damage to occur when break fail?
When accident happen una go blame am on break failure because necessary investigations no dey ever take place.

Finally, you wan tell me say one pothole no dey the full stretch of that road?
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by YaksonFCA(m): 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
RIP to the dead and quick recovery to the injured.
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
loomer:
With bad roads, I still no understand how people dey drive over 50-60km/h for naija.

Its either you have never been to lekki before or you don't know what you are saying. Lekki has one of the best road networks in the whole of Lagos. I only blame those bus drivers who use buses in poor condition for transportation.
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by loomer: 3:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
avicenna1:

Its either you have never been to lekki before or you don't know what you are saying. Lekki has one of the best road networks in the whole of Lagos. I only blame those bus drivers who use buses in poor condition for transportation.

Road network different from roads without a single porthole, I wan know weda there's not a single pothole for those roads
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Despite having a driving license in Nigeria, in the u.s, i had to take a driving test 5 times because i failed 4 times. And that was after a written test. The standard here is so high to get a license and the penalties of misusing your license or being involved in an accident are so high as well. Later some people will throw their hands up in the air and blame blood sucking demons for causing accidents on the road when half of the people on the roads bribed to get their license. Driving is no joke. There are now many high speed roads in lagos. If care is not taken many pple will continue to lose their lives. This is very avoidable. The commercial drivers and danfo drivers need to have a special license and tested for drugs regularly because many of them smoke igbo. In fact the best solution is to have each state run the driver licensing program as is done in the u.s.

1 Like

Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
loomer:

Road network different from roads without a single porthole, I wan know weda there's not a single pothole for those roads
There are no portholes bro especially at the spot of the accident.
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by robosky02(m): 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
refiner:
This is bad...

Quick recovery to the injured and rip to the dead! embarassed

Refiner how you they jare cheesy
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by Lawalemi(m): 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
I saw the spot and I knew something horrific had happened
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by refiner(f): 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2017
robosky02:

Refiner how you they jare cheesy
grin

I'm cool...thanks for ur mentions in the sport section...
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by LUCASC(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2017
Make una follow me thank God I witnessed it life, it just happened immediately I entered the bus in front of me. I don't think anyone died
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by akigbemaru: 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
Accident
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by cuminside: 6:04am On Jan 24, 2017
loomer:

I wonder o bro
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by robosky02(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2017
refiner:
grin

I'm cool...thanks for ur mentions in the sport section...

lol was expecting your comments
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by Obas101(m): 11:13am On Jan 24, 2017
loomer:

50 to 60 na slow speed now we are talking over 90km per hour..
With my bike sef, average speed is 50 to 70
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by loomer: 1:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
Obas101:

50 to 60 na slow speed now we are talking over 90km per hour..
With my bike sef, average speed is 50 to 70

Bicycle or motor bike?
Re: Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) by Obas101(m): 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
loomer:

Bicycle or motor bike?
Motor bike

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable / How To Deal With Strong-armed Robbery In Lagos Traffic. / Three Burnt Beyond Recognition In An Accident In Rivers State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.