Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,377 members, 7,954,530 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Impacting Lives - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Impacting Lives (567 Views)

How Gig Economy Impacting The Education And Careers Sector / How Journalists Around The World Risk Their Lives. / Join The Elytes - A Career And Impacting Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Impacting Lives by ahyobammyfaze(f): 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Quote:

“Anywhere you find yourself, make sure you impact lives positively”

Impacting lives positively is not just a way of touching lives, but also a way of improving yourself. When you are determined to touch lives regardless of what you face, the environment you find yourself, what you are currently experiencing; you are simply awakening the giant in you.
Most times, we limit our capability and ability to accomplish some things. We always believe that some things are beyond what we can handle or understand, hence we tag/believe those things can only be done by others. I remembered telling a friend about programming (writing codes like Java, HTML, XML, PHP, etc.) since he has a strong passion for anything software. His response was “I can’t write code. Ayobami! Don’t you know that those people who write codes are more like wizards?. I don’t have the brain and the capacity to be a programmer, even though I wish to become one”. I smiled at his words, these are the usual words we speak to make ourselves comfortable within our boundaries and limitations. I asked him a few questions “ are those programmers human?” He said “yes” and I proceeded to ask another question “ are you human?” he said “ yes, but… " I cut him off because I knew quite well that he was about to give an excuse. I told him “ I don’t need any further explanation. When you get home, think deeply about the questions I asked”.

As we continued our discussion, he kept talking in admiration for programmers, so I asked him why he was so passionate about software. He said, “It always amazes me to see that words that look like jargons are responsible for Techworld revolution happening around us today.” I told him, do you know those people discovered themselves because they were determined to impact lives positively and make the world a better place?. And now, those people have really impacted our lives positively, and they are still impacting us. My last words to him that day was that, “Anywhere you find yourself, make sure you impact lives positively.”

Months gone, I did not hear from him until a particular day, he chooses to call me for us to hang out. I obliged and we met at our usual place. After exchanging pleasantries, he started gisting me of his milestone achievements in the software world. He said “Ayobami!, you won’t believe that am now a programmer. Remembered you told me to always impact lives anywhere I go? I took those words to heart and I made up my mind to impact lives anywhere I go to. I started helping people with the minor computer/smartphone tasks, giving guidance/help in Microsoft office, power point, Corel draw, etc. and anytime I solve their problems, they always thank me and leave with a smile. I later noticed that I was more interested in their ‘smiles’ than ‘thank you’. With time, they started coming to me to help them develop a website, mobile application, etc. This will need software like Java, PHP, HTML, XML, etc. They thought I could do those things because they always take me to be a computer guru. Initially, when people ask me about programming related issues, I was always quick to tell them I don’t know programming languages. But after I made up my mind to impact lives positively with my ability and doing what I know how to do best, I found it so hard to tell them I don’t know programming languages. I think this is because I don’t what to lose those beautiful smiles that always make my day fulfilled. My determination for impacting lives made me accept those programming tasks and I challenged myself with it. I started studying programming languages, I went for training /seminars so that I will become equipped in solving the tasks I already challenged myself with. Everyday, I always practice whatever I was taught in training and even search online for relevant materials. It took me months, but I kept on learning because I wanted to prove to myself that I can do it since I have already taken up the challenge. Though some that couldn’t wait for me gave their work (website dev., App dev. etc.) to professionals. You won’t believe it! I eventually did those programming tasks. In fact, You need to have seen the joy inside of me, I was extremely happy and those people were happy too, seeing that it was working perfectly well. Some of them gave me money as a way to say thank you to me. It was one of those people that I helped that advised me to start software programming as a business since I was good at it. Today, I am a programmer, making money with my ability and improving my standard of living”.

No matter where you find yourself, use your ability to make others happy. When you are determined about impacting lives, you will be amazed at things you could achieve/do. You will be able to do things you once considered to be impossible for you. I remembered when I started motivating people, I always go to motivational sites, draw out materials/quotes and share with people. Motivation was my passion, so I was always happy anytime people share their testimonies with him, how those motivational words I shared with them changed their lives positively. Although, I always think of writing motivational words myself, but somehow, I always assume/believe those quotes can only be written by highly intelligent people, so I always limit myself. One particular day, Someone shared his testimony with me as usual and he ended up saying “I can’t believe you wrote those words, highly intriguing”. Believe me, his last words hit me like a rock, I kept thinking about his last statements. I knew I wasn’t the author of those motivational words, that made me feel so terrible all through that day. Then I challenged myself to start writing motivational words. For weeks, I couldn’t come up with inspiring quotes, but I kept trying. It's been over two years now, my pen is still writing and will never stop writing. Anytime people share their testimonies with me, I feel so happy and fulfilled knowing it was my words that changed their lives positively. I found myself while impacting lives and I was able to unleash the potentials within me.

Impacting lives is a way of discovering and developing yourself. Impacting life is just like a rubber band. You can only know the true length/size of a rubber band by stretching it (applying force). Without stretching the rubber band, you will limit the ability of the rubber band. Impacting life is the force you need to know your true potentials, without which, you will limit your ability/potential. Stretch yourself!
The effect of Impaction always come as two in one package. When you impact others, you impact yourself as well. “Anywhere you find yourself, make sure you impact lives positively”.

-Ayobami Abiodun
Motivational Speaker
https://ahyobammy./

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Microbiologists. Let's Meet Here . / Nigerian Man Gives A Volkswagen Beetle Car A Rolls-royce Look (photos) / What You Need For A Successful Change In Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.