Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) (68715 Views)

Doctors Remove Huge Cucumber From Lady's Body. Nigerians React (Graphic Pics) / Indonesian Baby Born With 2 Faces: 2-Month-Old Boy Has An Extra Face And Brain / Girl Born Without Eyes In Kenya, Cries To Death As Mum Refused To Breastfeed Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by noetic5: 9:23am On Jan 24, 2017
Horrified mother refuses to feed premature 'alien' baby born with skin like a SHELL due to genetic deformity
WARNING: DISTRESSING IMAGES. The baby's features are a result of a rare genetic condition called Harlequin Ichthyosis

The baby was born with a hardened shell of skin (Photo: Caters)

A devastated mother has refused to breastfeed her premature baby, dubbing it an 'alien' after the child was born with a hardened shell of skin and deformed features .

The 28-year-old woman, who refused to reveal her identity, gave birth to the baby girl at a government-run hospital in Patna district of Bihar, in eastern India on Sunday.

Within hours of the news of the 'bizarre' looking girl's birth broke, scores of locals flocked to the hospital to have a glimpse of her.

Doctors were forced to intervene to remove the number of people gathered outside the medical centre to see the baby.

The young parents, who claim to be traumatised by the birth, called the child a curse and refused to accept her.

When they brought her home, the mother refused to hold her in her arms and breastfeed her .

The mother said: "I have no idea how did this happen.

"Me and family are completely devastated. I am in shock as I was really looking forward to becoming a mother of a healthy child, be it a girl or a boy."

Doctors believe that the girl wouldn't survive for long as none of her organs have developed properly and that the probability of survival of such cases is only one in 10 million.

The rare genetic condition called Harlequin Ichthyosis happens due to an acute case of malnutrition causing thickening of the skin and facial deformities.
A birth, the child's body is encased in an 'armour' of thick, white plates of skin, separated by deep cracks.

There may be other abnormalities in the eyes, eyes, limbs and genitals.

Because of the cracked skin, patients with this condition are often susceptible to serious bacterial infections, which are often fatal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/horrified-mother-refuses-feed-premature-9676427

2 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by estyvino(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2017
Very sad I might add

Repeat after me

I will have enough to eat that my baby will not develop fish scale in Jesus Name

Amen and Amen

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by SFSNIPER(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2017
Blood of Jesus.

5 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by CplusJason: 9:32am On Jan 24, 2017
Who got her pregnant

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by LecciGucci: 9:37am On Jan 24, 2017
Wow shocked..

1 Like

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by Uwaomaokey(m): 9:57am On Jan 24, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 24, 2017
Didn't scan reveal any abnormalities during pregnancy? *runs out of thread*

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by AuroraB(f): 10:49am On Jan 24, 2017
CplusJason:
Who got her pregnant
Was about asking that too shocked shocked lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by adonbilivit: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2017
heiya

1 Like

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by midolian(m): 11:33am On Jan 24, 2017
Breastwaaat? shocked shocked

To touch this kain pikin sef, person go need ogogo liver 'talkess' of breast-feeding it.

May God forgive me.

24 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by dotcomnamename: 11:33am On Jan 24, 2017
shocked
Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by DonCortino: 11:33am On Jan 24, 2017
Fuckshit! shocked

INDIAaaaaaa! Incredible indiaaaaaaaa!

I knew it was india before I opened the thread.
Na wha o!

5 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by sweerychick(f): 11:33am On Jan 24, 2017
Ewwwwwwww! Please get rid of this. This is not a baby abeg shocked..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by Oladeep: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2017
Let's be honest,who would've agreed to breastfeed that baby?...The thought of it biting off your nipple is just unimaginable

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by alBHAGDADI: 11:34am On Jan 24, 2017
God did not create this. Something else is involved.

Remember how rebellious angles came to earth and had sex with women, an intercourse that led to the birth of all sorts of abomination and giants one of which was goliath. This must be a similar case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by willibounce1(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2017
E nor go pass India...na them dey born all manner of strange things.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by Smooyis(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2017
I smell serious lies here. Make I leave shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by KBdownloads(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2017
This is a very rare severe genetic disease known as Harlequin-type ichthyosis. The life expectancy is usually between 1 - 5 days

12 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by ichidodo: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2017
Mercifully, the baby won't survive a week...It will journey into the great wheel of life and be re-incarnated into something much less horrific..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by san316(m): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2017
Extraterrestrial baby.
Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by ZUBY77(m): 11:36am On Jan 24, 2017
They should have killed this thing.
That's why I like Oyibo, they wouldn't have even allowed anyone to see this.
Now I can't finish my food.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 24, 2017
indian juju abi na alien be the pikin papa?

1 Like

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by Naomi222(f): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2017
So sad
Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by smithe113(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2017
Spot diagnsis : harlequin ichthyosis........ prognosis very poor
Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by nNEOo(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2017
embarassed ladies thank your private part she is not a male....if you no what I mean angry.
....hey don't get me wrong he might have to rape someone u know?

1 Like

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by Jamean(f): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2017
Breast feed what
I won't even come close, how did this come about? Not everything should live abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by Chidex2442(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2017
End time baby
Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by Onogiede(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2017
Lia muhamed's masquerade spotted

6 Likes

Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by piagetskinner(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2017
I just knew it would be india...
Na only for there wired sh1t dey happen

Very scary
Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by chimaobikanu(m): 11:38am On Jan 24, 2017
Why is it that all these always happen in India?
Re: Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics) by ogene70: 11:39am On Jan 24, 2017
op if na your pikin you go fit carry am let alone allow the baby suck your breast?. ..Husband sef go deny wife and pikin.
Terrible things in this Recession.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: China Delivers Food To Quarantined People Through A Robot (Video) / Banker, Nnamdi Godson Commits Suicide In Delta / Man Discovers A Lady Has Breast Lump During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.