Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) (39051 Views)

Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral / Nigerians Bashes Man Who Claims His 4 Car Tyres Damaged By Lekki Flood Cost N5m / HAHAHA And LOL Number Plates: Nigerian Cars Laughing At Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by smithe113(m): 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
justjentle:

You need to get busy

unless you wan find me JOB, otherwise ......

Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
autojosh:
Do you still remember the black number plates we used way back? This picture will definitely bring back memories.. as well as show what our car number plate was like, compared to what it is today.

This current style was introduced in 1992 and revised in 2011. It looks more like that of USA compared to the previous one that has the shape of what they use in Europe.

The unique plate combination is in the format “ABC-123 DE”. The first three letters indicates the Local Government Area where the vehicle was registered. Followed by three digits and two letters. The background consists of an outline of the map of Nigeria.

Before 2011, the three letters indicating the Local Government Area were at the end, in this format AB123-CDE.

https://autojosh.com/photos-4-car-number-plates-we-have-used-in-nigeria/

I witnessed three.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by wellmax(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

Old man...

When you see me, bend your head and say "well done sir"
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Acebar(m): 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
smithe113:
i witnessed only two

wow, 2nd FTC in one day...... register for " HOW TO MAKE FTC ON NAIRALAND" for affordable prices grin grin
you are stil a kid grin me witsnessd 3
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
my papa pegeot 505 number was LA 2000 MK

I WITNESSED ALL 4 AND WILL WITNESS THE NEXT ONE COMING FROM AMBODE , WHEN HE BROKE, HE WILL RELEASE NEW ONE TO MAKE MONEY FROM
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
wellmax:

When you see me, bend your head and say "well done sir"

Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Stanbeto: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
Plate number 9ja
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by segzie2012: 1:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

Old man...

U try jare... grin
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by jamaljalal(m): 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
ok oooooo seen....and nothing has changed from bad to good since then.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
The latest one was totally unwarranted, a product of self aggrandizement by some cronies of the then government.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by mecussey(m): 2:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
autojosh:
Do you still remember the black number plates we used way back? This picture will definitely bring back memories.. as well as show what our car number plate was like, compared to what it is today.

This current style was introduced in 1992 and revised in 2011. It looks more like that of USA compared to the previous one that has the shape of what they use in Europe.

The unique plate combination is in the format “ABC-123 DE”. The first three letters indicates the Local Government Area where the vehicle was registered. Followed by three digits and two letters. The background consists of an outline of the map of Nigeria.

Before 2011, the three letters indicating the Local Government Area were at the end, in this format AB123-CDE.

https://autojosh.com/photos-4-car-number-plates-we-have-used-in-nigeria/

..and they wan do another one..
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
carzola:
So you want this to make from page? Wtf?? What's the logic behind this post? Who plate number don help? Has it stoped VIO from towing cars illegally? Or road safety from carrying guns?

Why are Nigerians always this angry and bitter? Some things that should be laughed at, you take it so seriously. Why? I just don't understand. Everywhere you turn, there are people who are quick to abuse, curse and fight, even over irrelevant and unimportant issues. Why?!
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by iwattpro(m): 2:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
good to know
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Mcweber(m): 2:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
Na only the first one i no see..O boy i don old small ooo, i need to marry asap
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
A lot of advanced countries seem to have simplified number plates but Nigeria moved from simplicity to designers without any positive impact known to me.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by sfinkzslot(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
number 4 na one of the biggest scam that befell car users & to say na fed govt agent commit am.. ):
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by AmAlbert(m): 3:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
Na only 3 I witness sha though the 1st one neva die finish but e been dey very very scarce
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by soath(m): 3:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
dominique:
I still remember the ones my dad used on his 504 and Datsun 180k smiley

LA 229 AP
LAB 4919 A

Memories...
Your papa nah baller grin
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by redcliff: 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
smithe113:
i witnessed only two

wow, 2nd FTC in one day...... register for " HOW TO MAKE FTC ON NAIRALAND" for affordable prices grin grin

Umuazi
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by lexyman(m): 4:02pm On Jan 24, 2017
Gone are the days when some particular plate numbers were not allowed to ply the road in some days in the week ...good old days
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by davids202(m): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
I cant ever forget old mans 504
RV 4677 PE. Those days are gone.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by tiwiex(m): 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
[url][/url]
bigtiny10:
Started from the bottom now we back there. grin We're currently using the first plate model

Good observation. The more things change. The more they remain the same.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Exponental(m): 7:09pm On Jan 24, 2017
upgrading.........
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by lonelydora: 7:49pm On Jan 24, 2017
My dad's car then was RV- 502- PC
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Upleeke(m): 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
I WITNESSED WR 001 CR, DURING BABA AWOLOWO TIME AND LATER BABA BISI ONABANJO TOO USED OG 01AA.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by k9ine(m): 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2017
I have witnessed 3 of them.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2017
Designed no. plates without aerodynamics in consideration.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by omobaba101(m): 11:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
i started driving with the first one, precisely RIV... a 404 peugeot car.
Re: 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) by FOLLEY20(m): 9:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
For me, I still prefer that 3rd plate number arrangement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advise Me About Honda E.O.D / SA-Based Nigerian Percussionist Olukayode Drove Ferrari That Got Tongues Wagging / Adverse effects of adding too much engine oil to a car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.