Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Worst Traveling Experience By An Angry PCM. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Worst Traveling Experience By An Angry PCM. (596 Views)

The Four Worst NYSC Camps In Nigeria / Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / Corpers' Place Of Primary Assignment In Ogun: Could This Be The Worst PPA Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worst Traveling Experience By An Angry PCM. by soldierdollar(m): 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2017
Writing with a painful neck, sore feet and a 3 day old Shyte erupting like a volcano. Filled with regrets and bitterness, awaiting the end of an endless journey;more endless as we traversed through the cities of Northern Nigeria in The Young Shall Grow luxury bus.
More painful is the fact that we were stacked like bags of Anambra Rice in the most dehumanizing and life threatening condition. Like in protest and response to its overburdened capacity, the poor, innocent bus broke down just as we approached the 9th Mile junction from Onitsha.Passengers who were made up of about 90℅ prospective corp members headed for their orientation camp in Yobe State were left stranded and left at the mercy of our driver who fled immediately upon noticing the build up of tension amongst his passengers in order to avoid being mobbed. The engine of the bus was fired periodically by the assistant driver in a calculated effort to restore hopes of the passengers , especially those 'attaché ' passengers numbering more than 30 who paid over N7,000 each to stand till the end of the over 20hours journey. Additional effort was made by hiring a man (who, possibly, could be an okada man) to poise as a mechanic in a desperate effort to calm the agitating (especially the attaché) passengers who were already showing signs of asking for their monies to be refunded. All these I knew were vain efforts conjured to buy the technical crew some time.
After what seemed to be ages, a substitute bus arrived after we have been stranded for 8 hours (3 pm to 11 pm)we spent another hour transferring heavy luggage from the faulty vehicle to the substitute .
I can't wait to discharge this shyte which I've been trying to persuade for more time but has stubbornly been rearing its head , and bent on disgracing me in the presence of my fellow corpers.

We just approached Bauchi State enroute Yobe state.Typing live from The Young Shall Grow Bus. cry

Soldierdollar
Re: Worst Traveling Experience By An Angry PCM. by soldierdollar(m): 2:01pm On Jan 24, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: Worst Traveling Experience By An Angry PCM. by emerich(m): 2:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
Get 1 chick to acquaint and get started

(1) (Reply)

Where Can One Get Quality CCNA Training In Abuja With Discount For Corpers? / Two NYSC Members Lost Their Life's Along Warri Sapele Road / Corper Empowers 10 Youths In Kwara, Purchases 10 JAMB FORMS To Support Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.