Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT (784 Views)

. / Yewande Omotoso & Ayobami Adebayo Nominated Baileys Women’s Prize For Fiction / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
THAT NIGHT... (Episode 1)

That night we where both in the room, myself and Demola. I met Demola some months back, at one rehearsals that involves dancers and writers. He's so good and versatile in what he does, innovative and creative minded person. It was just too funny the day we met, I never thought I'd be this entangled to a total stranger within days. Before I go deep into what happen, lemme describe how our meeting was so you can know how funny and crazy it was.
On that very day, I was just sitted at the rehearsal venue as a gentle girl who's just there for business and not karimi thingi. Demola was playing with somebody sha and the person pushed him, he stepped on me softly. So I decided to just play along as it was just fun they both having. Smartly, I screamed aaaaahhhhhh! Milk! Milk o!! Milk oooooo!!!. He was kinda surprised and sorry as well. He smiled looking at me straight in the eyes, his looks captured my minds and it seems I'm blind since birth. I couldn't move my eyes cos his eyes was fixed permanently on mine. With the situation of things, one would think we've been eyeing each other since Adam was created and Eve delivered to him. We both smile, and acted as if nothing ever happened (as we be natural actors). He said sorry in a romantic way and I begin to question my mind. What is wrong? Is he in love with me? Like he's been watching since the beginning of the rehearsal? Or he knows me from somewhere? Oh! Maybe.... Those thought wouldn't allow me say Thank you...

THAT NIGHT... (Episode 2)

The rehearsal started minutes after our interesting scene. My eyes was just following him up and down like a monitoring spirit, I couldn't hold the smile each time our eyes jamm. I was seriously carried away with his perfomance during reheasal, it was like he was doing perfectly well to capture me or to impress me anyways. But he's been natural. Rehearsals ended late, we where all trying to find our square root home buh my mind wasn't home, he was all I was thinking right immediately after the grace was shared. I saw him sharply move with some guys, I waved to draw is attention. He noticed and moved closer, he walks majestically like the Kings. His smile always welcoming and he looks so appealing. Hey, I'm Ademola, friends call me Demola. Sorry for the other time. I snapped in quickly, Ifeoluwa; that's the name, you can call me Ife. We shook hands, his hand so cold. I just don't want to be the superstar here, so I decided to do the listening but he would not talk. All he does was smile and asked silly questions. I summoned much courage and said softly, you're cute. Lovely act there the other time on stage. He said thanks and smiled still, you're not that bad; you're making my eyes twinkle. You're a better dancer too, love to work with you some day. That's the little speech he gave. I was so happy, it was like that was my best rehearsal so far. Do you stay close? He asked... Yea, and you? I live at Obadore, its late. We'll see some other time. He said trying to turn to see if his friends where still there. Oh, they're gone. It means I'll walk alone. I can walk you down, what if I get your number so we talk when you get home? He shrugged, and called his number. Which of the line do you want?, he asked. Maybe MTN or still the one you use for your whatsapp. 07034522965 that's my no, I've got a flat battery tho, just call or send a text so I'll know you're the one. Good night Ife, do have a lovely night rest, that was his last word to me. Good night too Ademola.

(NOTE: This is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents and dialogues are products of imagination and are not to be constructed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or person is entirely coincidental.)

'ladimeji...
Re: Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT by daudu24(m): 8:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
nice one brother.. keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2017
I'm just a newbie, the slate still fresh. Hoping to get support and encouragements from my humble honourable.... This is just a lil piece of an idea born out of questions from the mind and mostly female friends. I hope to get more words to enable the fire keep burning.... Thanks to all and uncle Seun.

Continuation.....

THAT NIGHT... (Episode 3)

I got home and was unable to rest, sleep wouldn't come, all I was thinking about was his nice shape, pretty baritone voice, and lovely smile. Call upon calls, was disappointed that night because a female lady kept on answering his call saying "the number you're trying to call is currently not available"... Lemme send a text, he's going to see that when he's available. I picked up my phone and started typing. Hey Demola, hope you good? Bla bla bla.........bla bla.......bla........... Before anyone could say Jack Robison, I've written an epistle. I'm worried, that's the last thing I typed before pressing the GREEN button. Immediately, my phone beeped, giving a message sound. I was so happy, so excited that I begin to think of what the message content is going to look like. I was so sure he's the sender. What did he send? Is he thinking the same thing I'm thinking? Or is he in love for real? The look on his face today was kinda calling. Maybe, his message is going to relieve me, I couldn't stop thinking until I finally decided to check my inbox. "Special Offer! Update your CallerFeel with an interesting message for your callers to see and get rewarded! Text REGto 50016 to get started. This service costs N50/mtn." Bleep... This was what I get after all my delicious anticipation hoping it was Demola's reply. Sender 50016, MTN is always crazy, they've got no sense of timing. I was so annoyed and tried battling with luck once again. Let me try his number, phew!... I picked my handsfree, my phone and dialed his number.

THAT NIGHT... (Episode 4)

I lay flat on the bed, looking at the ceiling waiting to hear his lovely voice. My body started doing me tirin tirin, I could feel my nipple standing, my navel itching me. Feeling the crazy-sweet mood already, I calmly increased the volume on both sides just to make sure I didn't lose any single word he's going to say. "Dear customer, Your account is too low for this call,You can borrow airtime from mtn with mtn extra time, dial star six zero six hash (*606#) to check if you can use the service or load a recharge card..., thank you". Kai, mtn is just doing shit. I sha wait to use my last call card. Immediately, my phone started counting like he has picked the call... 00:00:07, ah... Mtn has finished me... Hello! Hey Demola,I can't hear you, 00:00:14 hello oooo, are you there? Hey! 00:00:56 Hellllllllloooooooooo. "One minute remaining" the lady interrupted again. I was so madt at mtn. I ended the call so I decided to take a little nap.
I've got no other choice than to lay flat and close my eyes for sleep to come and meet me half way. I fell yakata to the bed, hold on to my pillow, spread my legs wide like a pregnant mother hoping to push a baby out. Sleep wouldn't come still, I found myself rolling from one corner of my 4by9 bed to the other. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door followed by a cool baritone voice calling my name, 'Ife'......

(NOTE: This is a work of fiction. The characters, incidents and dialogues are products of imagination and are not to be constructed as real. Any resemblance to actual events or person is entirely coincidental.)

'ladimeji...
Re: Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
daudu24:
nice one brother.. keep it coming
you're much appreciated sir @daudu24
Re: Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT by mohlewa(f): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
interesting....
more update please
Re: Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
mohlewa:
interesting.... more update please
thanks...... Gracious
Re: Let's Play...(fiction) THAT NIGHT by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
THAT NIGHT... (Episode 5)

I begin wonder, is that him? Did I tell him where I stay? No, I only told him I stay close by. That voice, Jeeeeez. I was so confused and at the same time scared, who could that be. Oh! Demola has gotten over me, am I dreaming ni? Or the knock is from the next door?... This time, it was a bang on the door with a quick call again... Ife, Ife... I rearranged my bed, placed the teddy bear with the heart symbol in a position that will be visible and attractive. I took the condoms from its hidden place and dropped them where he's going to see them when it comes to quickie. Hey! Hold on I'm coming, I pull off my bra and tight. Leaving my chest bare and sharply put on my G-stringz. Hmmmm, I'm set for him. I just want the room to look attractive, conducive, and serenely perfect for the mood. I used my wrapper to cover just the front of my body leaving the back as plain as plain would be. I just want him at all cost, he's a man a woman won't want to lose or let go for a seconds. I walked to the door, do the cross sign and hold the door knob. Oh, I've not open it with key, click, it opens. Now I'm done, I said within myself. Come in, I said softly. I moved back so he can come in. The door opened and my expectation was really met... This is too ironical. "Aunty Heefair (Ife), one girl come today when you comot. The girl lepa small, con get baby face. She say make I give you this nylon. And say make you call her, I don forget the name weh she gimme sha... E be like say na Torchpinsense (toshprincess)....err err...." Get out of my sight was what escaped my disappointed mouth... Why must Toshprincess disrupt my mood, I hate this feeling. I shut the door angrily and slept on the floor thinking about what kind of dream is going to appear...

'ladimeji...

(1) (Reply)

A Walk In The Forest / Happy Birthday To Shewrites And Ghostwritter / Caught In His Own Trap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.