Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

17-year Old Dream Clothing CEO Shares “her Dream” - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 17-year Old Dream Clothing CEO Shares “her Dream” (712 Views)

From Thin To Thick & Curvy: Lady Shares Her Transformation Within 3 Years / Girl Body Shamed While Growing Up Shares Her Transformation Photo / Fat Lady Shares Her Nude Photo To Inspire Women To Love Their Bodies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

17-year Old Dream Clothing CEO Shares “her Dream” by Chizgold: 4:18am On Jan 25, 2017
It is not often that one finds a young person who is fully committed to letting her inner fantasies translate to concrete expression. In 17-year old Moshope Onafuwa, one finds what one may call a “whiz kid”.

Moshope Onafuwa is a designer, and CEO of Dream Clothing. In this interview with Ikenga Chronicles, she takes us through her journey, and lets us into the thought processes that led to the establishment of Dream Clothing.

Who is the quintessential “Dream Clothing” girl known as Onafuwa Moshope?

My name is Moshope Onafuwa and I am 17 years old. I am in full time education and attend Leyton Sixth Form College. I am a freelance hairdresser, an athlete, I also work and now I’m the CEO of Dream Clothing.

Why the name “Dream Clothing”?
Let me ask you a question; have you ever had a dream where life was less challenging and everything you wished for was happening? You were taking matters into your own hands and making your own decisions as you go about? I have, I’ve had dreams where I was in control and I was living my ideal life. Having dreams where I knew couldn’t become reality. Dreams are based on what you are thinking so why not proceed with your dream and achieve it? We all have dreams and we are all capable of making them happen. Everyone can relate to the word “dream” so that’s why I called it Dream Clothing. If you can dream it then you can definitely achieve it.

How would you rate your level of creativity as a young designer?

To be fair I wouldn’t rate my level of creativity as we are all different and have a different view of what is creative. As a young black girl I would say that my design is unique as it’s not just words. It has a moral to it that everyone should hopefully be able to relate to.

What does your “Dream Clothing” image mean to you?

The logo means a lot, it not only has a message but it also conveys my life. I dream regularly and maybe too much that I can’t remember my dream because I have a lot to think about and I come up with a vast amount of ideas but I never bring them forward to the table. I’ve always dreamt of having my own business, being my own boss and doing something productive with my life to make my family happy, especially when I get told I sleep way too much. But sleep is not sleep anymore, it’s to escape from reality and live my fantasy world. But if it’s easy to control my dreams then controlling my life should be twice as easy.

What’s the inspiration behind the designs you’ve created with “Dream Clothing”?

At first I had an idea to create a brand which related more to African black women with natural hair. But when I came to designing the logo I asked for opinions and they weren’t as positive as I hoped for as it only attracted black females and not every female is black so it would have been harder to market and attract my customers. Then after that I decided to create a design where it attracted both genders of black ethnicity but the feedback was also negative. After getting these feedback I had to do more research and come up with more designs. I am a type of person who loves Chinese and Japanese writing and I just like the way it looked on clothes. So due to that I decided to incorporate that in my logo, but I didn’t just want any random word. I wanted a word that meant something, so due to that I came up with the idea to use “Dream” because in my dreams I always used to dream about having a business. So that’s the inspiration about the design.

Why do you think it’s important to express yourself with your design?

I’ve grown up in a society where people don’t want to hear what others have to say unless it’s benefiting them. But through my logo, no words have to be said. There is a dominant message that can be adjusted to you personally.

How long have you been a designer?

I’ve been a designer for like a year now. I have a book where I draw ideas that come into my head but I never really did anything with them until August (2015). The month when I launched my clothing line

Credit: http://ikengachronicles.com/17-year-old-dream-clothing-ceo-shares-her-dream/

Re: 17-year Old Dream Clothing CEO Shares “her Dream” by SFSNIPER(m): 5:01am On Jan 25, 2017
Encouraging. At least she isnt hoeing about

1 Like

Re: 17-year Old Dream Clothing CEO Shares “her Dream” by femolacqua(m): 6:21am On Jan 25, 2017
Wish u all d best.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Good Quality Blazers In Lagos. / Biko!! Please Whose Brother Is This ? (photo) / 3 Months ,6 Months And 1 Year Fashion Design Training And Illustration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.