Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Toure, Rooney Blast Mikel, Oscar, Tevez - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Toure, Rooney Blast Mikel, Oscar, Tevez (721 Views)

Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity / Yaya Toure Joins Qingdao Huanghai, Chinese Club / Carlos Tevez Marries Venesa Mansilla (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toure, Rooney Blast Mikel, Oscar, Tevez by rukygbas: 7:08am On Jan 25, 2017
Manchester City midfielder, Yaya Toure has criticised fellow footballers who have traded Europe for China, saying he would prefer to follow Manchester United forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s example and stay in a competitive league.

Wayne Rooney has also played down the prospect of a summer move to China by insisting he is in a “happy place” at Manchester United. Chinese Super League clubs have made a number of high-profile signings recently, with Shanghai SIPG buying Brazil midfielder Oscar from Chelsea for 60 million euros ($64.46 million) Mikel John Obi, joined Tianjin Teda. The 29-year-old Super Eagles caotain,, who spent more than a decade at Stamford Bridge, was given a free transfer by Chelsea and will earn £140,000 a week in China.

Shanghai SIPG rivals, Shanghai Shenhua signed Argentine striker Carlos Tevez for a reported 84 million euros, but Toure said money was not everything to him. “Do you play football because you love football or do you play because you want to make money?

Me, I just want to play football because I enjoy it,” he told British media. “Some people have the mentality that they want to do that (go to China) – to try something different. But for me, my feeling is that I want to play more football. “Look at my friend Ibrahimovic. He’s 35 and he’s going to play for maybe three more years? He’s got the same mentality as me. He’s a big player, a champion who loves football. It’s football first. Anything after that is a bonus.”

Souce: http://www.dailyhitng.com/1464-2/
Visit www.dailyhitng.com for more news

Re: Toure, Rooney Blast Mikel, Oscar, Tevez by Nickizoe(f): 7:18am On Jan 25, 2017
YIMU.
Re: Toure, Rooney Blast Mikel, Oscar, Tevez by omar22(m): 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
Wait till the end of the season when their clubs let them go.. I dont see any club paying them around 100k a week, then the Chinese league will look like Serie A to them. Tevez was about to go back to Argentina before the offer came in, Mikel has won everything in club football in Europe so what else.. collect his pension the same with Pepe who will be collecting $12m a year after tax

(1) (Reply)

Watch VIDEO: Paul Pogba And Jesse Lingard Vibe To Wizkid & Drake’s “come Closer” / Many Leceister Players Are Descendants Of Judas / 7 Questions As Rohr Releases List For Senegal, Burkina Faso Friendlies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.