Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Big Brother Naija: 5 Reasons Why The Fg Should Go After Big Brother Naija Organi - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Naija: 5 Reasons Why The Fg Should Go After Big Brother Naija Organi (808 Views)

Bb Naija: 5 Important Things To Know As Big Brother Naija Comes To An End / Heritage Bank Gives Bb Naija 5 Top Finalists Investment Support / Soma & Marvis Kissing In Bed On Big Brother Naija (Photos/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Brother Naija: 5 Reasons Why The Fg Should Go After Big Brother Naija Organi by kaimagist: 11:36am On Jan 25, 2017
The Nigerian reality TV show introduced in 2006 formerly known as BIG BROTHER NIGERIA and was later re-launched as BIG BROTHER NAIJA on Sunday 22 January, 2017 after its first edition held 10 years ago.
A TV show which is supposed to be for the viewing interest of Nigerians and was coined to suit our viewing pleasure by showcasing the characters, strengths, humours and angers of a typical Nigerian born.

The disturbing fact about this show is that aside the host, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu and the contestants, every other thing comes from South-Africa with Johannesburg as its filming location.

Now our questions are;
1. Why is it called BIG BROTHER NAIJA when it is holding outside Nigeria?
2. Can the American Idol be held in Mexico?
3. Will Nigeria be hosting BIG BROTHER SOUTH AFRICA too?
Lol! funny right? Yeah, that’s the Naija spirit. Now back to business.

The organizers of the reality TV series cited issues of poor electricity, an already existing established house in South Africa and cost of running the show here in Nigeria, and then our reply is;
1. How can a show capable of awarding 25 million naira and a brand new car to the winner not be able to afford the amount of diesel to run for just 3 months?
2. Does it mean they cannot afford an apartment for the hosting of such a show? For crying out loud, this show is meant for Nigerians and should he held in Nigeria no matter what.
3. The organizers didn’t consider the high cost of securing a visa and boarding an airplane for 12 contestants including the crew members from Nigeria, but have to consider the cost of running the show in their own country.

Reasons why the Federal Government should sanction the show organizers are;
1. The show is supposed to be for the viewing interest of Nigerians before any other country’s interest. But that is not what it is, South Africans were considered first before Nigerians, maybe because they might gain more viewers from South Africa than Nigeria or maybe their top investors are South African based individuals.
2. The Nigeria economy needs any help it can get for revenue generation from companies or individuals who can carry out projects that provide jobs and boost the economy. Rather, they choose to better the South African economy which is far better than the Nigeria economy currently.
3. Choosing South Africa over Nigeria for a show meant for Nigerians is obviously creating the wrong impression to Africans and the world that we cannot handle even the smallest challenge we might encounter.
4. Filming this show in South Africa will limit or prevent NBC’s right to monitor the programme so as not to go against the country’s broadcasting laws.
5. Choosing South Africa over Nigeria is sending the wrong message to potential investors who already have intending plans of setting up such events in the future here in Nigeria.

The fact remains that; this show can never be for Nigerians if it’s not in Nigeria.
http://boxanalyst..com/2017/01/big-brother-naija-5-reasons-why-fg.html
Written by: Okolo Ifeanyi of [url]Kaimagist.com[/url] / http://boxanalyst..com/

Re: Big Brother Naija: 5 Reasons Why The Fg Should Go After Big Brother Naija Organi by BiafranBushBoy: 11:52am On Jan 25, 2017
Where is Buhari receiving treatment?

Why not at Abuja teaching hospital.

Nonsense!!

I pity our future youths!!

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Naija: 5 Reasons Why The Fg Should Go After Big Brother Naija Organi by Agozie48: 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Nonsense!!

Abeg Help me ask oh OP is not making any sense at all
Re: Big Brother Naija: 5 Reasons Why The Fg Should Go After Big Brother Naija Organi by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Nonsense!!

Help me ask am?
No light, diesel deer, fuel wan increase, boko boys dey one side, Fulani herdsmen dey kolo, DSS sef dey arrest anyhow, na dem wan make big brother come Naija.
Re: Big Brother Naija: 5 Reasons Why The Fg Should Go After Big Brother Naija Organi by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
It's a business decision to aired in South Africa. Why wasn't voice of Naija aired here? Do you know the money cost the owner would incurred if it's aired 24/7 for 11 weeks? Have you compare the cost of fuel of 2006 and 2017? Have you considered the standard equipment (even though I don't buy this),. The bottom line is that the government has failed Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Pls House, How Can I Donwload And Watch Movies On My Iphone7 / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: May D – Koba (mp4) / Tstv Africa Unveiled With Many Good Features But.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.