Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement (40282 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet / Igbo Boys In Malaysia Respond To Apostle Suleman's Tithe Sermon & Yahoo Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by me69: 12:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
post=53113576:
Governor Fayose on Wednesday stormed Midas Hotel, Ado Ekiti and rescued Apostle Johnson Suleiman of the Omega Fire Ministry who was to be arrested by the DSS for 'speaking against Fulani herdsmen killing of Nigerians'.

Meanwhile, controversies continue to trail his inciting statement on Fulani herdsmen and his arrest ordeal with the Nigeria's security service halted by Ekiti state government.

Here are what Nigerians are saying:

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/photos-nigerians-react-to-apostle.html

Some Nigerians are comedians. If something happens in the news, one person will threaten to destroy the whole Nigeria only one person oooo the whole Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by knightsTempler: 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
They keep insisting that the blood sucking demonic killer herdsmen are not Nigerians, and with so much of their senseless killings, our security force have not been able to make one single arrest, but when anyone tries to encourage people to defend themselves, this gvt gets offended. Is this gvt more interested in defending foreign fulani killer herdsmen against. her own citizens. Unless u are a terrorist or a foreign killer fulani, I don't see why you will be angered by à call for self defence.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Sylverofficial(m): 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
fejikudz:
Shut up
i like dat
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by luvinhubby(m): 12:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
seunmsg:
That fraudster prophet that calls himself Suleiman deserves to be jailed for his inciting comments but before he can be arrested, the law enforcement agencies need to arrest the criminal herdsmen and prosecute them appropriately. The priority of the security agencies should be to arrest the herdsmen and restore peace to southern Kaduna. Arresting Suleiman is a very wrong move for now.

Will you shut up your mouth?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by guyla: 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:
Do people know that's it's against to law to incite someone to kill another?
His statement only encouraged people to defend themselves,
Why are we not condemning wrong actions, sincerely speaking should this be an issue for discussion considering the evil this herds men are perpetrating in recent times
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
agitator:

So it is better for the Libyans, Malians and Senegalese to kill Nigerians and you will call yourself giant of Africa. grin grin grin

The Apostle said what since the Nigerian government cannot defend Nigerian citizens living in Nigeria from external aggressors, then the citizens should defend themselves. wink wink wink

Is it the same video clip that you watched? Go and view it again, please.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by egobetatoday: 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

Did u go through any school at all? Did he say his church members should go in search of Herdsmen to kill them? He said any herdsman found around his church should be killed. Pple like you would rather prefer he says 'ensure any herdsmen who wants to kill us in our church is successful? Mtcheww. I am not surprised that u cant differenciate btw 'dogs and baboons will flow in blood' and 'Any herdsman caught around this church should be killed'. Which is inciting the public since u claim you are educated?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by delishpot: 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
When Buhari said his own, who arrested him?
When Buharis boys took to the streets a few years ago after he lost an ellection and killed people chanting "sai Baba" and Buhari did nothing to condemn their acts or detatch himself from them, who arrested him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Iceman2017(m): 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
Xcelinteriors:
Let's unite together and pray for Nigeria. Retaliation is not the answer

check my signature for classy and beautiful window blind
You and who won pray for Nigeria?
Since every tribe hate each other, who and who still want the unity of this country?
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
guyla:

His statement only encouraged people to defend themselves,
Why are we not condemning wrong actions, sincerely speaking should this be an issue for discussion considering the evil this herds men are perpetrating in recent times

Did he use the word defend or you are trying to justify his stamens, please go and watch it again.

"Any Fulani herdsman you see, kill him" is totally different from "Any Fulani herdsman that is trying to attack you kill him"
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by effty(m): 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:
Tell that to El-Rufai nd Miyetti Allah.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Braggante(m): 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
People should not be afraid of their governments, the Government should be afraid of their people. Nigerians have so much powers; powers which they themselves are unaware that they possess. They have the powers to demand account of their nations resources, they have the powers to ask questions and ensure their governments act in ways that are geared towards the interests of the people. The people should be selfish, that is their job. The position of a country’s citizens, is the highest position that can be occupied, because of these powers.
But why are we quiet? Why are we distracted? We know a people deserves the government it has, but we are a good people and we deserve better, so are we not talking to this government to let them know we are watching?
A lot of us passionately supported the emergence of this present government. I am ashamed to say, we believed that this administration will bring about positive change which we so desperately needed. But what did we get? We were very wrong. I am sorry. But this is not a time to cast blames, this is a time for action.
Soldiers and other armed government officials now terrorize us with impunity, and it is getting worse. Corruption, nepotism in government, anti-people policies, increase in cost of living, rise in unemployment, and a host of other plagues we have had to deal with. Insecurity fuelled by poverty has increased. The current leadership of this country has sunk us deeper into a mess which will take close to a decade to repair. I used to be against secession and the drums of separation beaten by the IPOB. But now we see they have legitimate reasons to want to separate from the rest of us; especially since the rest of us have become docile and blind. Common commodities have become luxury, and businesses are closing up and businessmen have become beggars. Schools are being shut, and the governors have asked poor students to do their worst. Power Holding companies extort us for what we don’t use. Companies oppress their employees because they know we don’t have alternatives, and nobody is peaking for us. Nigeria has become an example of a failed nation, while the international community use us as butt of jokes.

The country’s security operatives have now become terrorists to the people. The Nigerian Government’s highhandedness has become the order of the day, and those who have the passion to resist, and tell the truth are arrested and tortured, and in many instances killed, while the rest of us do nothing.
And so while we kept quiet as Nnamdi Kanu was prosecuted, as Judges, Journalists and opposing politicians were arrested and persecuted, and peaceful protesters murdered in broad day light, it was only a little while before it drew closer to home. If you don’t speak today, I will not speak when it happens to you, and we both will die in our silence. If we don’t speak now, nobody will speak for us and they will see us as foolish and only relevant when time for election comes. We are not foolish.
So what should we do? Should we continue fighting each other based on religion, tribe, party lines and other frivolities, forgetting that a dictator has only his interest at heart? Should we continue to be distracted and pretend we don’t care or we don’t know? Should we keep quiet while we are dying?

Tuface Idibia has called us to join him on the 5th of February, and we should answer. I suggest we adopt the 5th of February as a date to remind the government that we are not stupid; that we are watching and even though we are poor and unarmed, we are not weak. That we will not be divided under party or tribal lines while they rob us of our common wealth. We should publicize this date and all come out on the 5th of February and together we shall give our oppressors a day to remember.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by egobetatoday: 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
Are there christians in this country at all? This is a slap on our faces in case we dont know. What is wrong with self defence if I may ask? Can anyone tell me the difference between what Apostle Suleiman said and "dogs and baboons will flow In blood? If Buhari was never called by any DSS whatsoever then we have every right to go to God in prayers against him -Buhari and his cohorts.
How come christians are do lackadaisical these days? Arise O christians and put this government who wants to intimidate christians where they belong. Arise in prayers and invoke havoc in the spiritual realm on them and everything related to them -from the president, to the person who gave the orders and down to those who were sent to carry out that order. The scripture says touch not my anointed...Do not consider that mumu vice president who swayed the christian votes to this catastrophy-of-a-president who couldnt even help his General Overseer, Pst Adeboye. Arise and give them fire for fire. When their health and that of their family is involved they will leave christianity/christians alone. Dont say Pst Suleiman is not my pastor- he isnt my pastor too, someday it may be your pastor. We will continue to defend ourselves from the herdsmen... they are safe as long as they dont come near us or our loved ones.

pls Pst Suleiman, Let every havoc and calamity be on Buhari and his family, the DSS chief and all the DSS staff who were sent on that errand. If they dont want peace they will get what they want.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by DozieInc(m): 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:
It is not against the law when.
Buhari said " the dogs and baboons shall be soaked in blood" if he loses the election.

When El Rufai said " an attack on the Fulani shall be paid for, if not now then later, because Fulani never forgets"
It would be hypocrisy to judge one and not the other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by agitator: 12:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
seunmsg:
That fraudster prophet that calls himself Suleiman deserves to be jailed for his inciting comments but before he can be arrested, the law enforcement agencies need to arrest the criminal herdsmen and prosecute them appropriately. The priority of the security agencies should be to arrest the herdsmen and restore peace to southern Kaduna. Arresting Suleiman is a very wrong move for now.

Is the Nigerian government not supposed to protect Nigerians from external agressors? https://www.nairaland.com/3591750/fulani-herdsmen-attacking-nigerians-senegal undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by DozieInc(m): 12:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
The statement is uncalled for but I doubt if the DSS will act with such swiftness if an Islamic scholar had said same

So true.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by ybalogs(m): 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
Iceman2017:
Gone are those days when one are proud to be called a Nigerian
I'm forever Proud to be called a Nigerian anyday ,anytime,anywhere. #ProudlyNigerian
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
Coming from a so called man of God his utterances are disgraceful
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by buchilino(m): 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

I HOPE UR AWARE NIGERIA IS A LAWLESS COUNTRY.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
egobetatoday:

Did u go through any school at all? Did he say his church members should go in search of Herdsmen to kill them? He said any herdsman found around his church should be killed. Pple like you would rather prefer he says 'ensure any herdsmen who wants to kill us in our church is successful? Mtcheww. I am not surprised that u cant differenciate btw 'dogs and baboons will flow in blood' and 'Any herdsman caught around this church should be killed'. Which is inciting the public since u claim you are educated?

Since you are educated, pick a knife, gun, or are and kill any Fulani Herdsman you find around your church, period!
After that, come tell me what you've achieve.

"Any Fulani Herdsman you see, kill" is different from "Any Fulani herdsman trying to attack you, kill"

Don't be naive, the fact that you go and kill someone just because he/she is a Fulani doesn't make you differ from a demented terrorist.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Acidosis(m): 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
Apostle Suleiman has done nothing WRONG.

He never said people should go out on the street and kill whoever they suspect to be criminal or terrorist.

All he has said lie in the context of self-defense.

Do people expect everyone to close their eyes and watch them beheaded. I really pity some apologetic idio.ts here. Its obvious you all have never watch how islamist terror groups butcher and slaughter human beings in their dedicated abattoir.

We can not all remain f00ls and watch some idio.ts kill and dominate whoever they see in the name of stupidit.y turn religion. If I were in Suleiman's shoes, I'd say exact same words. Whoever has been to Auchi here should know the population of these Fulani herdsmen and the potential hazard awaiting the innocent people of the town.

Ride on Suleiman, Oyedepo, and other brave MOG. I am equally a radical Christian who would turn my cheek for a second slap, but on a third count, you'd either lose your sight or your right hand.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by ifycent2: 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
One tin I understand in all de leaders in dis so called Nigeria is dat HUMAN BLOODS don cover deir faces..

Truth bitters deir Ears.

De man said de truth they ar planning to Arrest him..

Nonsense!!!!!
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by buchilino(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
ybalogs:

I'm forever Proud to be called a Nigerian anyday ,anytime,anywhere. #ProudlyNigerian

SPEND 3 MONTHS IN EITHER KANO OR ZAMFARA STATE, I BET U WILL CHANGE UR MIND QUICKLY.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
buchilino:

I HOPE UR AWARE NIGERIA IS A LAWLESS COUNTRY.

Nigeria isn't lawless, if it were lawless, the likes of Henry Okah, Nnamdi Kanu, etc won't be behind bars
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Austin234(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
Let truth be said, activities of the fulani herdsmen is not funny at all. They waste human life like we are equal to a cow. To add salt to injury, their brother president shield them. They carry AK47 about as if they are in a war front. Their cows destroys our crop without any recourse. And when u complain they kill u without impunity. Apostle Suleman's statement and their like and even more to come should be expected. Though, is capable of setting the whole country ablaze, the fulani indiscriminate killing of the christians and southerners should tamed before it gets out of hand

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by demzey(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

Do they also know that its against the law to kill people?
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
DozieInc:

It is not against the law when.
Buhari said " the dogs and baboons shall be soaked in blood" if he loses the election.

When El Rufai said " an attack on the Fulani shall be paid for, if not now then later, because Fulani never forgets"
It would be hypocrisy to judge one and not the other.

You just quoted a segment of the speech El Rufai made.

Buhari never asked his followers to kill anybody if they came near his Church or Mosque. If you attributed that statement to meaning that, it shows how barbaric you are and in no way justifies the fact that a Religious man of God who ought to be an ambassador of peace is instead inciting his followers to kill someone irrespective of tribe and occupation who comes near his Church.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by buchilino(m): 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
saaedlee:

Nigeria isn't lawless, if it were lawless, the likes of Henry Okah, Nnamdi Kanu, etc won't be behind bars

GO TO KANO, YOBE, SOUTH KADUNA, ZAMFARA, ADAMAWA, BENUE ETC. SPEND 3 MONTHS IN EACH PLACE N TELL ME LATER IF NIGERIA ISN'T LAWLESS.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by reliablenenge1: 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
When Kaduna state governor delivered arms to herds men that carried out the genocide where were the DSS. this government will suffer for all innocent life taken
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by seunmsg(m): 12:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
agitator:

Is the Nigerian government not supposed to protect Nigerians from external agressors? https://www.nairaland.com/3591750/fulani-herdsmen-attacking-nigerians-senegal undecided undecided undecided

We are saying the same thing. Government should arrest the criminal herdsmen and deal with them appropriately.
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by Godemcee(m): 12:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
seunmsg:
the federal government said they are from Libya,Mali nd Senegal.should we fold our arm nd let foreigners kill us in our land
Re: Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement by saaedlee: 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
buchilino:

GO TO KANO, YOBE, SOUTH KADUNA, ZAMFARA, ADAMAWA, BENUE ETC. SPEND 3 MONTHS IN EACH PLACE N TELL ME LATER IF NIGERIA ISN'T LAWLESS.

Hello, I just returned from Southern Kaduna, truth be told, I was booked by A FRSC Official driving on the opposite of a one-way road, oh its lawless!

I laugh when you say Benue, Zamfara and Adamawa are lawless States. It is either the word lawless isn't really clear to you or you're being fed lies by some demented fellow, just to justify his/her point of inciting violence towards another citizen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / Tony Nwulu Gifts Lexus SUV To Prophetess Mummy Apo (Photos) / Tianmen Cave - The Gate To Heaven Discovered In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.