Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 (31518 Views)

Arsenal Vs Watford (1 - 2) On 31st January 2017 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 3rd January 2017 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 4th January 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by donjazet(m): 5:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
January has not exactly been a good month for Liverpool and Jürgen Klopp. Since beating Manchester City 1-0 on December 31st, they’ve won just one out of eight, and even that was in a replay against fourth division Plymouth Argyle.

After the City win, Klopp sounded rather triumphant.
“...[Chelsea] are in an outstanding run and have won 13 games in a row already - not bad, but can you imagine how annoying it is when you’ve won 13 games in a row and there’s still one team only six points behind?”

Two draws and a loss in the three games since puts Liverpool ten points behind Chelsea. Meanwhile, they had fallen out of both the League Cup and the FA Cup in the space of three days, both losses coming at home, part of a three-match losing streak at Anfield for the Reds. They have not lost four in a row at home since the 1923-24 season. Annoying, indeed.

That said, we all know Liverpool are better than this and they won’t go on losing forever, especially not at home. Just as they may be guilty of playing down to the levels of Plymouth or Wolves, they are more than capable of playing up to the level (or even above the level) or Manchester City or Chelsea. In fact, Liverpool have yet to lose another top six team.
All of that makes Liverpool a very dangerous proposition today, and Conte’s right to be wary. While Chelsea are a much-changed team since the 2-1 loss to the Reds at Stamford Bridge many moons ago, this will a tough task, to say the least.

Date / Time: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 20:00 GMT; 3pm EST; 1:30am IST (next day)
Venue: Anfield, Liverpool, England

Referee: Mark Clattenburg — this is only the second Chelsea game for Clatts this season; the first was our 3-0 win over Burnley back in August.
Forecast: Rainy, wintry, not very pleasant at all
On TV: BT Sport 1 (UK); NBCSN, NBC Universo (USA); Star Sports Select HD1 (India); elsewhere

Streaming online: BT Sport Live (UK); NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Universo Now (USA); Star Sports (India)
Liverpool team news: The Reds have played no less than three games more than Chelsea this month, thanks a two-legged League Cup semifinal and a replay in the FA Cup fourth round as well. Combined with a reduced squad and a few key injuries, it’s not been happy times for Klopp & Co. Sadio Mané’s absence has proven especially important — Liverpool have rushed their Senegalese star back from their quarterfinal exit at the Africa Cup of Nations, but he may not be quite ready to play from the start just yet.

Right back Nathaniel Clyne could be another key absence, with youngster Trent Alexander-Arnold expected to deputize. Forever young Adam Lallana should be back however. Roberto Firmino will be available as well following a court date change for his drink-driving hearing.
For Liverpool, this is a must win, not just to keep the title race alive in theory, but to keep pace with the rest of the contenders for the top four. Arsenal, Spurs, City, and United are all expected to collect easy wins during this mid-week round.

Chelsea team news: For Chelsea, this week could prove crucial as well, with a home game against Arsenal coming up after this one. Back-to-back losses in September to the same two opponents kickstarted this whole 3-4-3 revolution, back-to-back wins now would all but confirm Chelsea as champions. Incidentally, Chelsea are guaranteed to remain top even if we lose twice more — thank to Chelsea being almost perfect against teams outside the top six — but it’s important to maintain momentum with at least a few points collected.
Unlike Liverpool, Chelsea have neither injury nor availability concerns and Conte should be able to roll with a fully rested, fully first-choice lineup after the mass-rotation over the weekend against Brentford in the FA Cup.
Previously: Chelsea have won just one of the last six against Liverpool. Last time we came to Anfield, we had to settle for a 1-1 draw. Eden Hazard scored a rather wonderful goal; that’s something we could certainly use from him today

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by vicot(m): 8:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ma book space biko
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by Limerick: 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by QDSG(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2017
Any how

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 26, 2017
Klopp will expose Cunte and his bunch of Amateurs...Watch this seat cool

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
dey af occupy my seat for d first tym. Long hisssss

out of here.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2017
come back lemme call my 11 men squad ....

Hey guys oya come time to flog riverpool abi swimpool has come..

cc. femi4

SmellingAnus (bring popcorn come)

CaptPlanet (bring orijin come or bring chelsea dry gin come haters will need it)

Unlimited22 (bring mat come so haters go fit lie down if dey taya to stand)

pamcode

JeffreyJamez (no try vex me oh u better come here)

fredoooooo (bring dat cold drinks madam edwife hand over to you before she go for leave)

blackjah (if u like no pick ur free man ticket oyo is for u)

ipledge10

adewumiopeyemi

Lastmumu (u be back man since na u b d last mumu we get here.)
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by femi4: 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
optional1:

cc. femi4
SmellingAnus
CaptPlanet
Unlimited22
pamcode
JefferyJamez (no try vex me oh)
fredoooooo
ipledge10
adewumiopeyemi

I don land jare.....I was busy with that man that refused to cook soup for his wife.

Let's pay Liverpool back in their own coin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2017
I do show were I won play which position grin cheesy
femi4:
I don land jare.....I was busy with that man that refused to cook soup for his wife

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by femi4: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
support Costa for front.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 8:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
femi4:
I don land jare.....I was busy with that man that refused to cook soup for his wife.

Let's pay Liverpool back in their own coin

my love alwayz on time you no fit ever carry last.
Which position you sabi play?
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:

which position u sabi play. Cos i want better defender and striker.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2017
femi4:
support Costa for front.

no ooooh
em get better strong leg and chest so make e dy back wit David Luiz
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by femi4: 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2017
optional1:

my love alwayz on time you no fit ever carry last.
Which position you sabi play?
No nonsense defender. "If you miss the ball...don't miss the leg"
Love to frustrate strikers....especially those that love to dribble
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by SmellingAnus(m): 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2017
optional1:

cc. femi4

SmellingAnus (bring popcorn come)

CaptPlanet (bring orijin come or bring chelsea dry gin come haters will need it)

Unlimited22 (bring mat come so haters go fit lie down if dey taya to stand)

pamcode

JefferyJamez (no try vex me oh u better come here)

fredoooooo (bring dat cold drinks madam edwife hand over to you before she go for leave)

ipledge10

adewumiopeyemi

I am here love....

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by femi4: 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
optional1:

no ooooh

em get better strong leg and chest so make e dy back wit David Luiz
**Cough**
You mean you don see im chest?...I dey suspect you

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2017
IF LIVERPOOL WIN, I WILL DEACTIVATE MY ACC

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
femi4:
No nonsense defender. "If you miss the ball...don't miss the leg"
Love to frustrate strikers....especially those that love to dribble

wow
so me and you na same position..

Make i kukuma arrange una.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 9:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
SmellingAnus:
I am here love....

thank sweetie..
So which position do you love playing.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2017
femi4:
**Cough** You mean you don see im chest?...I dey suspect you

no oh
e name indicate say e get broad chest to dey chest any ball.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2017
sweetboiy:
IF LIVERPOOL WIN, I WILL DEACTIVATE MY ACC

deactivate ke we no fit lose nah.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by SmellingAnus(m): 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2017
optional1:

thank sweetie..

So which position do you love playing.
I love attention so my favourite position is 9 grin cool ( lone striker grin) you?
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2017
SmellingAnus:
I love attention so my favourite position is 9 grin cool ( lone striker grin) you?

i know you love attention just like Coste but you surely need help you can't do everything by yourself. So i will pair you with JeffreyJamez in front...

Me is a defender but will coach you guys on this match.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2017
. My own 11 men squad and 5 men sub with the position they will play in this match against riverpool.

Is a 2-4-4 line up

SmellingAnus and JeffreyJamez our strikers
playing 9 and 10 respectively.

Playing center mid field are
CaptPlanet no8 (our captain for this match) Unlimited22 no11
fredoooooo no7
pamcode no6

. Our defenders are
blackjah no5
ipledge10 no4

playing full back
femi4 no2 (if you miss the ball don't miss the leg) *asst captain*
adewumiopeyemi no3

Our keeper
Lastmumu no1 (I believe him, he can save for Africa)...

And substitute are.
Chikelue2000
chelseabmw
drss2
SamualAnyawu
Niyinficient....

Our doctor is abimbawealth she has a soft hand good for massaging...

Take your position and be ready for this wonderful match...
See you in the field of play.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by SmellingAnus(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
optional1:
. My own 11 men squad and 5 men sub with the position they will play in this match against riverpool.

Is a 2-4-4 line up

fredoooooo no7
pamcode no6

. Our defenders are
blackjah no5
ipledge10 no4

playing full back
adewumiopeyemi no3

Our keeper

And substitute are.
Chikelue2000
chelseabmw
drss2
SamualAnyawu
Niyinficient....

Our doctor is abimbawealth she has a soft hand good for messaging...

already looking forward to this match... I hope to strike like Andriy Shevchenko of AC-Milan cool
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2017
SmellingAnus:
already looking forward to this match... I hope to strike like Andriy Shevchenko of AC-Milan cool

yes oh stay fit....

I miss Shevchenko of those days,,
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by CaptPlanet(m): 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2017
optional1:

Is a 2-4-4 line up

fredoooooo no7
pamcode no6

. Our defenders are
blackjah no5
ipledge10 no4

playing full back
adewumiopeyemi no3

Our keeper

And substitute are.
Chikelue2000
chelseabmw
drss2
SamualAnyawu
Niyinficient....

My beautiful coach! How did u know that 8 is my favourite number and position?! I romise not to let the team down and i'll do my best to lead our team to victory.

I was banned during our last game and I honestly dont know why but this is our chance to widen the gap and place one hand on the trophy and we'll not take any chances.

Blues forever!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by pamcode(m): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2017
optional1:
. My own 11 men squad and 5 men sub with the position they will play in this match against Liverpool.

Is a 2-4-4 line-up
pamcode no6

lol me no 6. Your team don chop am be that my best position is Goalkeeping.
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by SmellingAnus(m): 12:22am On Jan 27, 2017
optional1:

yes oh stay fit....

I miss Shevchenko of those days,,
same here babe... I loved that footballer with passion.. (no homo)
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by ipledge10(m): 1:52am On Jan 27, 2017
optional1:

Is a 2-4-4 line up

fredoooooo no7
pamcode no6

. Our defenders are
blackjah no5
ipledge10 no4

playing full back
adewumiopeyemi no3

Our keeper

And substitute are.
Chikelue2000
chelseabmw
drss2
SamualAnyawu
Niyinficient....

no 4 is not bad but no 2 is my favorite
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 5:34am On Jan 27, 2017
pamcode:
lol me no 6. Your team don chop am be that my best position is Goalkeeping.

lol

time still dey for change na..

So i put you in goal post while lastmumu take up no6. Lastmumu you hear not fall my hand oh..
Re: Liverpool Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2017 by optional1(f): 5:38am On Jan 27, 2017
ipledge10:
no 4 is not bad but no 2 is my favorite

oh oh will you sit on the bench for second half if you can't stay in no4 position.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Newcastle United Vs Arsenal (2 - 0 ) On 16th May 2022 / Manchester United vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 28th December 2015 / Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 14th April 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.