Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today (759 Views)

Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!! / Be Careful, This Happened In Zenith Bank Today! / See The Alert I Got From Access Bank Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today by thousandreason(f): 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
I'm not a writer so pardon my poor English and typo errors, I just want to express myself.
It's annoying and painful the way some Nigerian banks and their staffs treat customers, it makes me wonder if their staffs go through necessary training before assuming positions and act like educated illiterate especially Gtbank.
So I was directed by my other bank today (I choose not to disclose name) to go to the bank where I registered for BVN to include my middle name because my middle name was missing, on getting to the bank, I walked up to the guy in charge of BVN and explained myself to him then he asked me to wait, leaving me and attending to other customers, I waited for about 30mins before he asked wat did you say again?, I was shocked at first but I decided to keep calm and explained again. After checking his system and all, he said your middle name is not included in your account name too so you would have to do an account update,he directed me to another woman that is supposed to be in charge of that. The queue in front of this woman was quite much and I decided to go back to this guy and asked him to probably help out then he directed me to another young guy to ask for an account update form, after filling the necessary information and standing on a queue for more than one hour I finally met this woman, she asked for a valid id card which I gave to her, she asked me to write a letter and I quickly did then she asked me for what actually pissed me off totally, she said I need to get an affidavit and I got really angry, what do I need an affidavit for?
I presented a valid Id card that shows my name, age, passport and everything else she needs to know, it's not that I want to change my name, I just wanted to include my middle name.
The annoying thing is I happen to be a very busy person but only took permission from my workplace just to sort out this particular issue and then I must say I am disappointed with the Nigerian banking system, we are in an advanced world now and I don't think we should still be having long and unnecessary queues in bank for irrelevant things coupled with the fact that swearing an affidavit to me old fashioned and unnecessary.
Abeg my people is there anything else that can be done instead of this affidavit thing? Biko help a busy lady.
Cc
Seun, mynd44,lalasticalala
Push to front page o
Re: My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today by amnwa(m): 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
Lol
Re: My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today by ybalogs(m): 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
I have decided to be keeping my money at home!2x No turning back No turning back. Sorry ma'am,just go for the affidavit.
Re: My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today by decatalyst(m): 6:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
@thousandreason, calm down. You have got to do that affidavit if you want the middle name included. Its a sensitive issue that has to do with govt directive. Your money is involved and your real identify is also involved, so they needed to be careful and do proper documentation.
I have been in this situation before...had to go do my driving license cause they said they ain't gonna honor my temp PVC n temp NIMC shit.

Don't mind those bunch of arrogant staff they employ in banks now a days. Dunno whether nah their salary dey make their brain swell or the bank purposely train most of them to be arrogant and disrespectful.

Most naija banks are shitty when it comes to attending to customer's complaint and queries
Re: My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today by HtwoOw: 6:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
Rubbish post

You can't recieve sympathy from anyone if they don't already hate the bank

I had BVN issues too , First bank and Skye bank played with me for 6 weeks

Probably one of the reasons why i didn't do MMM

I hated them and called them out on twitter , fb . even on play store

Guess what ? i had to do an affidavit too after those weeks and i have full access to my account now

my point is why protect the bank's name ? Na HSBC or BOA ??

people sef
Re: My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today by thousandreason(f): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
HtwoOw:
Rubbish post

You can't recieve sympathy from anyone if they don't already hate the bank

I had BVN issues too , First bank and Skye bank played with me for 6 weeks

Probably one of the reasons why i didn't do MMM

I hated them and called them out on twitter , fb . even on play store

Guess what ? i had to do an affidavit too after those weeks and i have full access to my account now

my point is why protect the bank's name ? Na HSBC or BOA ??

people sef

Lol, uncle calm down, I choose not to disclose the name of the bank because they are way better than the one I mentioned above when it comes to customer relations besides I thought there should be a way to walk around this without doing the affidavit thing
Re: My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today by HtwoOw: 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2017
there's no point protecting any bank if they hurt you , it's your right as a customer to quality service , and stating the bank will prepare others for whatever is coming their way
thousandreason:

Lol, uncle calm down, I choose not to disclose the name of the bank because they are way better than the one I mentioned above when it comes to customer relations besides I thought there should be a way to walk around this without doing the affidavit thing

1 Like

Re: My Experience In A Nigerian Bank Today by thousandreason(f): 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2017
decatalyst:
@thousandreason, calm down. You have got to do that affidavit if you want the middle name included. Its a sensitive issue that has to do with govt directive. Your money is involved and your real identify is also involved, so they needed to be careful and do proper documentation.
I have been in this situation before...had to go do my driving license cause they said they ain't gonna honor my temp PVC n temp NIMC shit.

Don't mind those bunch of arrogant staff they employ in banks now a days. Dunno whether nah their salary dey make their brain swell or the bank purposely train most of them to be arrogant and disrespectful.

Most naija banks are shitty when it comes to attending to customer's complaint and queries
Thanks jare
Will find time to go and do that

(1) (Reply)

No. 1 Market Hub For Agricultural Products / Outsource Freelance Jobs Here / Distributors Wanted Nationwide For CICI Fruit Drinks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.