Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Upgrading A Car From An Older To A More Recent Model. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Upgrading A Car From An Older To A More Recent Model. (1519 Views)

Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja / Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upgrading A Car From An Older To A More Recent Model. by arumen(m): 6:47am On Jan 26, 2017
what do people mean when they say that a car has been upgraded from one model year to another? e.g 2010 camry upgraded to 2012. I see it a lot in the car sales section. My thought is that once a car is manufactured, the model year sticks. Can any one make things clearer, cos I dont understand the idea.
Re: Upgrading A Car From An Older To A More Recent Model. by nurey(m): 7:05am On Jan 26, 2017
What they mean by upgrade is actually cosmetics. So what are the cosmetic change, they are plenty but it's possible to change some and leave some
1. The front grille of a car
2. Fog lights when you look at the bumper of cars, by the corner you see plastic in later models and lamp in more recent models
3. Probably double exhaust in recent and single in later
Tires too.

There are a whole lot of things both internal and external but in Naija here we stick more to external (body) cosmetics which is easier than Messing with wires and technicals.

1 Like

Re: Upgrading A Car From An Older To A More Recent Model. by kingreign(m): 7:32am On Jan 26, 2017
arumen:
what do people mean when they say that a car has been upgraded from one model year to another? e.g 2010 camry upgraded to 2012. I see it a lot in the car sales section. My thought is that once a car is manufactured, the model year sticks. Can any one make things clearer, cos I dont understand the idea.

A Camry 2007-2009 cost circa 2.7-3.3m as at now, while a 2010-2012 cost 41-4.5m.
Buy the Camry 07-09, get parts headlamps, taillamps, bumper, wing mirrors, grille and foglamps install them and spray for 300-400k.

Viola! You've gotten the looks of a 2010-2012 Camry for less.

That's the reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading A Car From An Older To A More Recent Model. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:38am On Jan 26, 2017
arumen:

upgrade is the wrong word

but

face lift

as explained before its simply a "non manufacturer" making the old model look like the newer model
Re: Upgrading A Car From An Older To A More Recent Model. by arumen(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
Zimdrill said it all, "face lift " is a better way of describing it cos the model year still sticks. thanks to y'all. I just gained new knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Throttle Position Sensor / ADVICE: Volkswagen T4 School Bus / 21 Interesting Features That Make Teslas Unlike Any Other Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.