Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria (23232 Views)

Oyeleye Lateefat Emerges Overall Best Medical Student In Ukraine / OOU Produces Best Ever Medical Student / OOU Produces 43 First Class Graduates, 41 Phd Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by tolliesexy(f): 9:36am On Jan 27, 2017
Alasi20:
Noted

FTC For the first time......

Anyway sha, I dedicate this FTC to all Students of The Federal Polytechnic, Offa and also to The FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES for there 15th Year Anniversary that was Celebrated Yesterday.

#IRepBuildingTechnologyDepartment
#PROUDLYFEDPOFFITE
Great fedpoffite also an environmentalist Quantity surveying to b precise
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by PMWSpirit(m): 10:00am On Jan 27, 2017
heykims:
Piece of crap
He's the best medical student in his school not Nigeria.
He only wrote the exams in his school alongside other fellow OOU medical students.
Op be careful with ur titles o.. .
Crappy head , the MDB exam is the same in all university in Nigeria set by the Nigerian medical association. So shut up and swerve
Hater

4 Likes

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by pizza10(f): 10:05am On Jan 27, 2017
all these people typing shit about Oou .I bet most of them are still struggling to pass jamb

2 Likes

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Maxvasia(m): 10:21am On Jan 27, 2017
I am a Doctor and i had 8 distinctions and i also know am not the best, so how is he the best in Nigeria?
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Twinflakez(m): 10:34am On Jan 27, 2017
PMWSpirit:

Crappy head , the MDB exam is the same in all university in Nigeria set by the Nigerian medical association. So shut up and swerve
Hater
If u don't know anything about medical exams, as u well have shown in ur comment, u ask questions. NMA does not set a central exam for medical students.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 10:35am On Jan 27, 2017
AbuadStudent:

lol..the medical education here is tougher than theone offered abroad fam
Lol. You are talking from experience?
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by heykims(m): 11:36am On Jan 27, 2017
PMWSpirit:

Hater
If u don't know how medical schools are run in Nigeria, it's good u keep mute and not display sheer ignorance in public fora..
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by keenn: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2017
PMWSpirit:

Hater

not only have u shamed your self and family, uve also put us in a bad light to foreign medical student/personnel viewing this thread.

u were even that bold to call someone 'crappy head'
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by danilmo: 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2017
deenee:

On the contrary the one abroad is way tougher. How many dead bodies did he dissect while in school?

No be to cram text pass oh.

I wish him the best though
grow up ignorant boy
all medical schools in nigeria has cadaver for practical..
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
and that is probably because they were not lazy... http://www.mylifeinspiration.com/2017/01/dont-be-lazy/
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by BizzHardey(f): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2017
He said “In the anal of the institution, nobody has ever had such sterling result. Also, Senate has approved the introduction of new programmes such as Bsc. Nursing, Veterinary Medicine, Estate Management, Building Technology, Radiology and Music as part of growth.”
He said the facilities and manpower for the new programmes were already on ground while consultation was ongoing with the NUC to commence teaching of those courses by next academic.Pls will d new courses start in 2017/2018 session?
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Alasi20(m): 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
tolliesexy:
Great fedpoffite also an environmentalist Quantity surveying to b precise

Wooooooooowwwww....... I've Pm you
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Saheed9: 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:
Best Medical student in his school not Nigeria
is not about graduating with a lot of distinctions it's having at least one distinction in the clinical class that makes the school award you Mb.chb, Hons.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Saheed9: 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
George2016:
Best ever medical student, can he proves it?
is not about graduating with a lot of distinctions it's having at least one distinction in the clinical class that makes the school award you Mb.chb, Hons.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2017
George2016:
Best ever medical student, can he proves it?

Can you also "proves" this your grammar...be happy with a successful man once in your lifetime
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by fashoo2010(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2017
sweetkev:
Can any good thing come out from OOU?? grin
just as good things coming out ...last year, best state university, this year, best medical students in Nigeria
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by deenee: 10:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
danilmo:

grow up ignorant boy
all medical schools in nigeria has cadaver for practical..

Pls read and understand before you comment or you make a fool of yourself in public

Did I say there was a lack of cadavers in my post. I simply asked how many he has dissected.

I also passed through a Nigerian university and you and I both know that what we call practical is more like a lecture.
Same OOU where a 2.1 student of computer science cannot put together presentation slide or even install Windows OPS on a laptop.
This is how people fail exams.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by AbuadStudent(m): 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
casket:

Hmmmm
What I know is that it is cheaper to produce Doctors here compare to US or UK.
Training of Doctors is far better in the State than what is obtainable here in Nigeria.

Most doctors that finish here go there and boss up. I'm a med student, i know what i'm saying. we dont have the equipments so we work 5 times harder to reach a diagnosis than foreign doctors. Foreign doctors have the equipments so they are usually lax. if we go there, we have the knowledge, we excel with the tech. but foreign train doctors can not survive in hospitals located at the subsaharan africa. and actually, training of doctors abroad, with their own citizens is just as cheap as those here. private owned universities charge 3 million naira for medicine per year. That isnt cheap is it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by AbuadStudent(m): 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
UncleJudax:

Lol. You are talking from experience?

Yeah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by AbuadStudent(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2017
deenee:

On the contrary the one abroad is way tougher. How many dead bodies did he dissect while in school?

No be to cram text pass oh.

I wish him the best though
Most doctors that finish here go there and boss up. I'm a med student, i know what i'm saying. we dont have the equipments so we work 5 times harder to reach a diagnosis than foreign doctors. Foreign doctors have the equipments so they are usually lax. if we go there, we have the knowledge, we excel with the tech. but foreign train doctors can not survive in hospitals located at the subsaharan africa. and actually, training of doctors abroad, with their own citizens is just as cheap as those here. private owned universities charge 3 million naira for medicine per year. That isnt cheap is it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2017
AbuadStudent:

I love your confidence but someone must have been feeding you with crappie information.

I left medschool about 8 years ago, I've colleagues in US, UK and Australia doing their residency trainings.
Training of medical students in Nigeria is cheap and substandard.

No doubt, we are brilliant, hardworking and zealous , but Nigeria system render all these good virtues underutilized.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by AbuadStudent(m): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2017
casket:

I love your confidence but someone must have been feeding you with crappie information.

I left medschool about 8 years ago, I've colleagues in US, UK and Australia doing their residency trainings.
Training of medical students in Nigeria is cheap and substandard.

No doubt, we are brilliant, hardworking and zealous , but Nigeria system render all these good virtues underutilized.

With all due respect, you left eight years ago. i'm currently in one. i'm in constant communication with students that have travelled abroad, house officers, registrars, consultants and proffessors of various medical specialties. including those that travel to and fro from other countries. and i can confidently tell you sir, the medical school training here is TOUGHER. That was the basis of my defence. TOUGHER. we've had students from the carribeans come here for rotations and we've seen what its like. we've had consultants who recently came from the states teach us and complain about how hard our scheme is, how tough our rotations are compared to the first world countries, i have med.students that have left my school for medical schools abroad and they are blazing there because of the ease and less stress of things over there. So sir, nobody fed me crappie information, they fed be *current information* .

Your colleagues that went abroad were probably able to succeed easily because of the harsh training they got here, harsh exam principles and clampdown on general dressing.

I can confidently say,that i, as a 400L clinical student, can easily compete and beat any student recieving medical training abroad.

will i travel abroad eventually to further my studies? yes. most definately. why? because from my predecessors, i got to know that the training is faster, easier, and up to date with new tech designed to make things easy. rather than labor here, where we still do things the hard way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
AbuadStudent:

With all due respect, you left eight years ago. i'm currently in one. i'm in constant communication with students that have travelled abroad, house officers, registrars, consultants and proffessors of various medical specialties. including those that travel to and fro from other countries. and i can confidently tell you sir, the medical school training here is TOUGHER. That was the basis of my defence. TOUGHER. we've had students from the carribeans come here for rotations and we've seen what its like. we've had consultants who recently came from the states teach us and complain about how hard our scheme is, how tough our rotations are compared to the first world countries, i have med.students that have left my school for medical schools abroad and they are blazing there because of the ease and less stress of things over there. So sir, nobody fed me crappie information, they fed be *current information* .

Your colleagues that went abroad were probably able to succeed easily because of the harsh training they got here, harsh exam principles and clampdown on general dressing.

I can confidently say,that i, as a 400L clinical student, can easily compete and beat any student recieving medical training abroad.

will i travel abroad eventually to further my studies? yes. most definately. why? because from my predecessors, i got to know that the training is faster, easier, and up to date with new tech designed to make things easy. rather than labor here, where we still do things the hard way.

If I get you clearly, the training here is tough and rigorous. If we are availed with opportunity obtainable over there, we could do better.
I never disagreed with those points.
There is difference between efficiency and effectiveness.
I still maintain my points :
1, training of medical doctors is cheaper in Nigeria compared with what it takes in the State and UK
2, training giving to us here is substandard.

When you talk about training of medical students abroad, kindly ignore those from the Caribbeans and Eastern Europe especially Ukraine.

Hope you know that our fellowship certificates from National postgraduate college and West African college are not recognized UK and US ?
Nigerian trained consultant can't touch patients either in UK or US without being certified to practice.

By the way, how often do you guys have bed side teaching at Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital ?
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by AbuadStudent(m): 7:03am On Jan 31, 2017
casket:

If I get you clearly, the training here is tough and rigorous. If we are availed with opportunity obtainable over there, we could do better.
I never disagreed with those points.
There is difference between efficiency and effectiveness.
I still maintain my points :
1, training of medical doctors is cheaper in Nigeria compared with what it takes in the State and UK
2, training giving to us here is substandard.

When you talk about training of medical students abroad, kindly ignore those from the Caribbeans and Eastern Europe especially Ukraine.

Hope you know that our fellowship certificates from National postgraduate college and West African college are not recognized UK and US ?
Nigerian trained consultant can't touch patients either in UK or US without being certified to practice.

By the way, how often do you guys have bed side teaching at Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital ?

at afe babalola university we have a memorandum of understanding with the federal government to use the Federal teaching hospital in ido-ekiti.we do bedside teachings every day (there is a mini campus in the hospital) , almost too much is you ask me.

For medicine and surgery, o/g and paediatrics, we have different postings, with lectures from 8-10 , compulsory ward activities from 12-2, lectures from 2-4 and call hours from 7 - 10. But in obstetrics, call hours extends till whenever, as long as you have a patient in labor. i'm currently doing my posting in neonatology.

as for the west african fellowship sth, i will find out how true that is from a consultant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 31, 2017
AbuadStudent:

at afe babalola university we have a memorandum of understanding with the federal government to use the Federal teaching hospital in ido-ekiti.we do bedside teachings every day (there is a mini campus in the hospital) , almost too much is you ask me.

For medicine and surgery, o/g and paediatrics, we have different postings, with lectures from 8-10 , compulsory ward activities from 12-2, lectures from 2-4 and call hours from 7 - 10. But in obstetrics, call hours extends till whenever, as long as you have a patient in labor. i'm currently doing my posting in neonatology.

as for the west african fellowship sth, i will find out how true that is from a consultant.

Excellent curriculum...

Alright ...
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by gud4dbest(m): 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ikwokrikwo:
Best Medical student in his school not Nigeria

it is because u dont know the guy!Did u read where it is said special degree would b conferred on him at OAU...'Chromosome' is the bomb!
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by gud4dbest(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
deenee:

Pls read and understand before you comment or you make a fool of yourself in public

Did I say there was a lack of cadavers in my post. I simply asked how many he has dissected.

I also passed through a Nigerian university and you and I both know that what we call practical is more like a lecture.
Same OOU where a 2.1 student of computer science cannot put together presentation slide or even install Windows OPS on a laptop.
This is how people fail exams.

Chromosome is d bomb!Is not today he dey clear distinction!right from mb1.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by gud4dbest(m): 9:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
eleojo23:
Medical practice is different from school theory o.

I wish him all the best.
This is not theory, the guy nah practical himself.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Basic123: 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
PMWSpirit:

Hater
...This is ignorance.MBBS exam is not the same in all universities.Each university sets her own examination.however,an external examiner must be present during clinical and oral exams to ensure the evaluation is up to standard.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Basic123: 5:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
AbuadStudent:

....This is even not even as excellent as what is obtainable in ibadan medical school.But,no doubt you have a very good schedule.
Re: OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria by Ayobami7(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Back As UNILAG VC / Free NDDC Cinfores Past Questions And Answers / 20-yr-old Osarieme Omonuwa Bags First-Class In Reading University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.