Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia (887 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Journalist, 5 Other Suspected Drug Traffickers At MMIA / NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Shipping $23m Narcotics To S’africa (pictured) / 2 Female Drug Traffickers Arrested In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia by jona2: 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2009
NDLEA arrests three drug traffickers at MMIA
By Kelvin Osa-OkunborPublished TodayNewsRating: Unrated
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested three suspected drug traffickers at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

According to Acting Commander of the anti-drug agency Mr. Adeofe Olufemi Adeyemi, the suspects were caught with substances suspected to be cocaine.

Ekwunife Okechukwu Chinedu,35, ingested 74 pieces, weighing 860 grammes, Aluka Francis Michael, 27, swallowed 81 pieces weighing 1.240 while Chibuike Oguike Joseph, 26, ingested 65 pieces.

They gave reasons why they went into drugs. Chibuike, from Imo State was arrested on arrival from Brazil on Saturday, at about 6:30 am.

He said it was hardship that made him become a courier.

‘’My condition of living is very poor and there is no help from anywhere. I met a Brazilian and after explaining my condition, he was the one that assisted me in buying the drug and my flight ticket, ", Chibuike said.

Ekwunife Okechukwu said he was
looking for money for his traditional marriage ceremony next month.

"My traditional marriage is December 29, 2009, as we speak; invitation cards and other marriage materials have been distributed. I left three months ago and I told her that I will be back before December, ’’ Okechukwu, from Anambra State, said.

He was nabbed at the Lagos Airport on his way from Brazil last Thursday to board a South African airline plane.

Twenty-seven year old Aluka Francis Michael, also from Anambra State, was a factory worker in Madrid, Spain.

Aluka was nabbed at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, last Tuesday.

According to the suspect, he needed money to settle his rent in Madrid and other expenses.

"My Spanish wife has been sustaining me since last November when I lost my job due to the economic meltdown. I came to Nigeria to attend a family meeting in respect of my late grandfather. I was introduced to the man that gave me the drugs on phone. He brought 100 pieces of cocaine to me in a hotel room in Lagos. I could only swallow 81 wraps of the drugs and I would have been paid 3,500 euro. It was hell swallowing the drugs, ’’

The suspects will soon be charged to court.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/27130/1/NDLEA-arrests-three-drug-traffickers-at-MMIA/Page1.html
Re: Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia by jona2: 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2009
igbos again.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia by jona2: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2009
*jona:

igbos again.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia by blackspade(m): 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2009
You are one sad lonely motherfucker. Get a life, and sort out your obsession with Igbos.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia by jona2: 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2009
[[s]quote author=blackspade link=topic=359582.msg5025186#msg5025186 date=1259610986]
You are one sad lonely motherfucker. Get a life, and sort out your obsession with Igbos.
[/quote[/s]]
Re: Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia by blackspade(m): 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2009
^ This fool doesn't even know how to quote correctly.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia by sjeezy8: 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2009
lol
Re: Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia by jona2: 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2009
blackspade:

^ This fool doesn't even know how to quote correctly.

happy?lol
Re: Ndlea Arrests Three Drug Traffickers At Mmia by kosovo(m): 11:12pm On Nov 30, 2009
Thread moved to crime

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Arrests Fake Traditional Ruler For $2430,000 Fraud / Father Of 3 Dies Watching Nigeria/argentina Match / Minister Of Science And Tech Diverts N28 Million Bribe Money, Gets $25,000 For C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.