Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? (1641 Views)

Woman Uses Money Saved From Cooking To Build A House, Husband Collapses (photos) / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / Save Ur Husband, Why Men Die Early Than Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by Pcli: 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2017
My name is Gabriel, I need your advice on this serious issue of my life. My wife and I got married in Nigeria but at some point during our marriage, she got her dream job in Dallas and we had to move our family there. I left my job as a civil servant and went with her. After many months of adjusting to our new environment, and while I was looking for a job, we had to pay someone to pick our 4 children from school and daycare. We spent so much money on baby sitters during that time. After a lot of search, I eventually got a job, and 6months later, we decided that I quit my job because my salary was basically going to the baby sitter and we hardly saw the kids. My wife’s income is 5 times more than mine and she gets huge bonuses quarterly too. Her income is more than enough to support the family conveniently so I really didn’t need to work. So that was how I became a full time house husband.

Honestly, I enjoy being with my kids, I take them to all their games and school activities, I cook and clean. My wife tells me she is the luckiest woman on earth and I enjoyed every moment I spent with my kids or stayed at home cooking or cleaning. Life was so good.

My problems began when my mother came from home visiting. She wanted to know why I am the one at home and my wife is working, why she comes late, why I cook and so on and so forth….. I explained our situation to my mother and begged her to stay out of my business. I quickly sent her back home before she starts trouble.

My mother told all of my siblings, my uncles and my wife’s parents what she saw when she came visiting. I received phone calls from my family members telling me to go back to work, that I am lazy and they are ashamed of me. My Wife’s parents called her too; telling her to let me be the husband that I should work and she can stay at home to raise the kids. Does it make any sense for me to go back to work and let strangers raise our kids or let my wife leave her dream job to be with the kids? How do I keep our families out of my family business? I need a honest opinion on this matter please. What will you do if you are in my position?

Source: https://tinuola.blog/2017/01/27/i-am-a-house-husband-why-cant-my-family-accept-that/?fb_action_ids=10206361127426112&fb_action_types=news.publishes

© Mrs Tinuola Agbabiaka,
A marriage counsellor,
Practical Christian Living Initiative is a non profit organisation geared towards encouraging love and romance in marriages as well as encouraging mature Singles who are waiting for their life partner.

You can follow us on facebook-Practical Christian Living Initiative twitter, Instagram-- @PCLI_NG

1 Like

Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by delishpot: 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
His family, his joy, his business. Na the wife I pity. They would say she used juju on him. Let them kukuma look for a way to make him self employed. That way, he can work and have time to baby sit.

4 Likes

Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
Don't mind them and their African mentality. This arrangement seems to be working perfectly for you and your spouse, so never mind what people say.

8 Likes

Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 27, 2017
I'd better follow this blogger

Won't want to miss the part two of this story titled "my wife brings home her lover and wants me to cook for him"

1 Like

Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by amokeme(f): 11:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
cummando:
I'd better follow this blogger

Won't want to miss the part two of this story titled "my wife brings home her lover and wants me to cook for him"
Not all women are promiscuous. The pattern is working for them from what he wrote, so let's believe it.
The family should stay out of their business

4 Likes

Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by dingbang(m): 11:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
But in this case they are happy and the man is bonding with the kids... So extended family shouldn't come and spoil their marriage... They say he should look for a job, which he already did and it wasnt even helping... Its not easy getting jobs out there...

But still on still some women want such... I mean them working while the husband at home.. I bet she doesn't wish to help her husband secure a job. Since she is working in a top profile establishment, nothing stops her from recommending her husband to clients... Women will always be women no matter what...

Well the decision is up to the man tho.. In my opinion, they are happy so I don't see any reason why his people should interfere.. Now this is one of the reasons why I would stand on my ground on not letting my mom come to stay with me in my house. And am dead serious in it..
Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
amokeme:

Not all women are promiscuous. The pattern is working for them from what he wrote, so let's believe it.
The family should stay out of their business
As Africans we no go hear o. You know what I'm talking about
Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by Seahawk: 5:10am On Jan 28, 2017
If it's not broken don't fix it
Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 28, 2017
As far as there was understanding and happiness between your wife, please don't listen to them. Protect you marriage. IF you distroy your marriage, there will be a change of statement. What God has join together, let no man put asunder. check my signature so to make money from home.
Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by ominirajj: 7:40am On Jan 28, 2017
Do not tell anyone u dont have. Especially ur family
Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2017
LOL. Well since he doesn't have any problem being a sit-at-home dad, his family should let him be.
Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by crackhaus: 8:08am On Jan 28, 2017
sisisioge, what do you think about this? grin grin
Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by bennyrazz: 8:26am On Jan 28, 2017
If the husband's salary would only pay for babysitters, so be it. I support his family's approach on this matter. He should get back to work and continue to improve on himself educationally or skill wise. He can has well start a Nigerian restaurant with the support of his wife (financially) since he enjoys cooking. With that, he's the boss, he works, he has time to see the kids and his wife works. Man was created before woman and man must be the head of his wife.

1 Like

Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by sisisioge: 9:06am On Jan 28, 2017
Dude , get off your ass and be the husband! Go and provide the little you could today, who knows, tomorrow might bring you bigger tidings.

1 Like

Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by sisisioge: 9:11am On Jan 28, 2017
crackhaus:
sisisioge, what do you think about this? grin grin

I got your number dude cool
Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by datyrone(m): 9:47am On Jan 28, 2017
the guy is too comfortable being a househusband....something is wrong somewhere
Re: I Am A House-husband…why Can’t My Family Accept That? by browniex: 4:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
As long as you guys are happy,nothing else matters,but have you given a 5hought to what would happen if your wife lost her job?,they are lots of jobs and businesses you can engage in without living the comfort of your home,you should think about the future,hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shocker!! An American Man's View Of American Women / BLAST AWAY THAT BELLY FAT, LADIES / Funeral Of Man And His Three Kids Killed In Boat Accident In The U.S.(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.