Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong (5137 Views)

"Us Chinese Believe That Africans Are Mentally Inferior" Chinese Tells African / Topless Mentally Unstable Lady Disrupts Lecture In UNIBEN (Photos) / Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by BestOnlineDeals(m): 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
Seeking solitude can actually be quite healthy. It isn’t just a professional plus; it’s also good for your mental and emotional well-being. To get the most out of life, you must learn to enjoy spending time alone. This is what the mentally strong people do.

In this pro-social world, we are strongly influenced in favour of being with people, or at least constantly interacting with others, be it through social media or other electronic means. We are always going somewhere, doing something or at least chatting to someone about going somewhere or doing something.

But seeking solitude can be quite healthy. This is a healthy habit mentally strong people have. Here are reasons why it makes them mentally strong.

They Have An Understanding Of Who They Are
The reality is that we were born alone and are meant to die alone. Some solitude offers you the opportunity to discover this reality; that you are unique and you do not need any comparison with anyone. Success can come from understanding who you are and what you want out of life.

They Are More Focused
According to a study, students who studied alone fared better than students who studied in groups. Such study identified that students who spent time during solitary reflection had a more improved concentration. Better concentration leads to success in school and in your professional life.

They Have Better Relationships
Spending time alone offers the mentally strong a better understanding of yourself and what you desire in life. You can identify the relationships that will make you better and that are necessary to your growth. Also, the relationships are better appreciated after you spend some time alone.

They Are Relieved From Anxiety

Stress builds up in our lives and it is difficult to differentiate between ourselves and what is within. Spending time alone offers us the opportunity to slow down, catch a deep breath and set our minds straight. During this process, we rid our minds of thoughts that are negative and unnecessary. Less anxiety allows for a time of innovation and self-searching.

They Make Smarter Decisions
Solitude gives the opportunity to think through every action you are about to take. You can be willing to stand for anything you want to commit yourself to. Solitude helps the mentally strong find their own voice and your identity instead of following the pack.

They Attack Problems Effectively
No one’s life is free of problems or challenges. Yet, through the constant noise and distractions, it is difficult to have a clear head as to what actions should be taken. You need some time to analyse and actualize. Solitude makes them see problems as temporary setbacks rather than becoming overwhelmed by them.

“ALL MEN’S MISFORTUNES SPRING FROM THEIR HATRED OF BEING ALONE.” – JEAN DE LA BRUYERE

They Show Appreciation To the Simple Things Of Life
Solitude makes the mentally strong see life from a clear perspective. They are not looking for sophistication or ambiguity rather do they desire them during solitude. However, you can appreciate their being, their time and such details that they may never have been aware of. You can sift thoughts and cherish what is valuable.

They Get More Done
Do you have a list of things you need to do, want to do? Is your list one of these that never seems to get any shorter because you are always too busy to get around to doing the things on the list?

Spending time on their own allows them uninterrupted time to get these things done. They may or may not enjoy doing them, depending on what is on their list, but they will definitely feel better for having finished them. They will emerge with less stress, less weighing on their mind and the satisfaction of a job well done.

They Become More Relaxed And Tolerant
Do you sometimes feel irritable and get easily annoyed with people? Do you find a great many “jerks” around you at times?

The more annoying people appear to you, and more of them there are, the more you could benefit from some time on your own. You cannot change the world, you cannot change what other people say or do. But you can change your perspective on them. After some calm, peaceful time on your own doing whatever pleases you, or doing nothing at all, you will find the annoyances in life shrink dramatically because you are now relaxed and more tolerant.

Source: http://www.biznespreneur.com/9-reasons-people-like-spending-time-alone-mentally-strong/

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by BestOnlineDeals(m): 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2017
As a person who fancies solitude, I could easily relate to this article smiley

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
You are on point. They also become an undercover billionaire by visiting my signature. Check my signature.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by LordIsaac(m): 1:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
So so LordIsaac! cheesy
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by BestOnlineDeals(m): 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
FxInvestmentHub:
You are on point. They also become an undercover billionaire by visiting my signature. Check my signature.

Undercover brother grin

LordIsaac:
So so LordIsaac! cheesy

Gbayi

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by musicwriter(m): 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
The downside is that you find it hard or should I say unnecessary socializing.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by edey2real: 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
I can confirm most of it.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
Yes this is so me...

Being an introvert made me understand life and people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by BlackOnassis(m): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
My name is Black Onassis and I approve this message. cool

6 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
This thread will get invaded by those who tout themselves as "introverts" and claim how it has developed their mental strength....

Just you watch....undecided
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by DonnyE(m): 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2017
I so enjoy my time alone ...one has to think and plan for the future days ....#freespace
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
I'm so introverted that I have frequent conversations in my head about almost everything

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by lollmaolol(m): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
My category I guess
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Bahddo(m): 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
Introversion is not necessarily better than extroversion, neither does solitude always translate to strength of mind. Depends on individual.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
Interesting.
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
I'm so introverted that I have frequent conversations in my head about almost everything
egbon, do u smoke dat thing?...

7 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by tens4real(m): 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
and they are mostly talkative on social media but in reality they are far cry... they are always obsess about the future and the mystery behind the human psychology... . I am one of them...
op I trowey my yansh for you
weydon done sir!!.!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by browniex: 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
Cool,I love solitude like I love pussy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by jimoceans14(m): 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
Op you are on point sha.......in my case I can be the life of a gathering of friends,humour and witty remarks are my nature but amidst these sometimes in my head I want everyone to just be silent,no talking.....I might be happy you came visiting and we are talking but in an hour or two am already willing you to go in my head because am getting bored of your presence though you have said nothing remotely annoying .......sometimes I don't even know wish one I enjoy the most,between being with people/someone or just alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by obinna58(m): 9:29pm On Jan 28, 2017
People that do all this are likely to become atheist cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by peacesamuel94(m): 9:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
True op, though being an Introvert might have its bad sides, but there's nothing as fascinating as deriving joy from your own company instead of being too dependent on others before you can have fun.

I used to view Introversion as a deficiency, a limitation and some kind of curse, but now my perspective has changed, its a blessing, a privilege and a rare one at that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by SleekyPosh(m): 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
Best Post of the Year. Well OP has just successfully described my Person in Totalty..Solitude is Priceless nd Yes People who enjoy themselves in being alone and quietly savouring the pleasures of engaging their spirit nd mind in a psychedelic realm of absolute tranquility can relate better to this post..

Tip..If u wnt to get that feeling just mix codeine nd Origin together nd plug in ur headset with a playlist of Enya, Enigma nd Antidote by Travis Scott..then round up with Another day by Kiss Daniel...

Heavenly Trips.. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Bitterleafsoup: 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2017
musicwriter:
The downside is that you find it hard or should I say unnecessary socializing.
not true
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by hahn(m): 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
Bahddo:
Introversion is not necessarily better than extroversion, neither does solitude always translate to strength of mind. Depends on individual.

The op is about introversion, No need to argue undecided

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2017
in short, I learned from this thread that people have an amazing ability to justify whatever character they possess. no matter the reality of the situation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by MarkGeraldo(m): 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
Dear poster,
How are you doing? I hope you are doing fine..
please I want to use this time and correct u on ur post...
please, solitary people don't have better relationship, they end up not knowing how to easily relate with other people talk more of being in relationships

please re-read ur post! God bless!!

Yours sincerely,
Geraldo
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
Well, these discoveries must have been the product of at least over a year of dedicated research. Who takes the credit for this one?

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by ghettowriter(m): 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2017
When am alone, I feel like going outside and talking to people but after I spend some time outside, I start missing my alone time
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2017
Ginaz , do these points hold true for you?
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
nice one
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by jericco1(m): 2:22am On Jan 29, 2017
Your points aren't far off.
Being alone, seldom makes you unpredictable, since people only know what you want them to know about you.
Re: 9 Reasons Why People Who Like Spending Time Alone Are Mentally Strong by jericco1(m): 2:23am On Jan 29, 2017
MarkGeraldo:
Dear poster,
How are you doing? I hope you are doing fine..
please I want to use this time and correct u on ur post...
please, solitary people don't have better relationship, they end up not knowing how to easily relate with other people talk more of being in relationships

please re-read ur post! God bless!!

Yours sincerely,
Geraldo
enlighten us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plz I Want Know The Cut Off Mark Of Political Science In Olabisi Onabanjo Univer / I Need A Brief Orientation On The Course CHEMISTRY / Uniport 2007 Post Ume Result Is Out,check Yours Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.