Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,189 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

My Experience At Slot Of Recent - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience At Slot Of Recent (2399 Views)

Wow! Crowd At Slot Today For Infinix Note 7. Is The Phone That Good? (Photo) * / Phone Price: You Can Now Buy Infinix Hot S3 At Slot Nigeria / Why You Should Buy Your Phones At Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Slot Of Recent by Belexy(m): 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
Can someone please explain the mystery of my IMEI Number and what might have happened at Slot?

I took my Tecno 7C tablet to Slot for repair of a cracked screen three weeks ago. I had 1year screen insurance from them at the time of purchase so the repair was free. Now my problems started from the day i was called to pick up my apparently repaired tablet. The tablet was returned without the sim/memory card back cover. I clearly stated to them that the backcover was with the tablet when i gave it to them and it wasnt returned to me at the time they took possession of the tablet. Well i was willing to let it go since they said i could get the back cover at a token fee from carlcare; i wasnt happy but i just decided to over look it. On getting home and after charging the tablet, as i was going through it, i noticed it had some text msgs on it, a Gmail account already registered on it, some fone contacts of people, camera pictures and whatsapp videos that were all not mine. That was when i decided to check the IMEI number on the fone and compared it to the celotaped labeled IMEI number from slot when they registered my fone the day i took it in for repairs and also the IMEI number on the box of my tablet. IT WAS DIFFERENT. The imei number on the tablet was different from what was my original IMEI number.
I took the tablet back to them because obviously it was not my tablet. They apologised saying the mix-up was from carlcare because slot sent the fone to carlcare for repairs. They promised to get back to me. Two days later i went back to SLOT when i didnt hear anything from them. They gave me 'my tablet', I checked the imei number and it was same as the original one. I went away happy.
When i got home from work that day, I decided to do a factory reset and i was shocked when i found out the IMEI numbers had changed again. Meaning Slot probably just factory reset the tablet, changed the IMEI number to my original one and returned the tablet to me like that.
Is this not a breech of trust? I feel very uncomfortable using this tablet because apparently it seems they gave me another tablet and not mine. I have always been a loyal customer of SLOT and buy all my fones from them but with what has happened, i have lost faith in them and I regret taking my tablet to slot for repairs. This is gross unprofessionalism on their part. Now i am stuck with a tablet that probably has serious issues. This will be the last time i will ever patronise SLOT.
Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2017
Maybe they replaced your panel.If it's working perfectly you should move on.You cannot get your mobile device the same way you purchase it after repairs.
Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by emeraldknytt(m): 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
comshots:
Maybe they replaced your panel.If it's working perfectly you should move on.You cannot get your mobile device the same way you purchase it after repairs.
.... Move on and get indicted for alleged theft abi? My take is you should take your phone pack with you to let them know that you won't take another person's device for your own use. You can even demand to speak to their manager if possible. Some things shouldn't be taken for granted and this is one.
On the other hand, The engineer might have rooted your phone and tweaked the IMEI, for free tricks and tips.... If this happens to be the case, then you have no issues whatsoever... Keep tabbing all the way!
Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by madgoat(m): 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by epistleNow(m): 7:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
The typical Nigeria attitude of "move on", no cause and effect, so people are not made to correct or admit negligence.

The reason Nigeria is in deep mess, unqualified persons manning positions because of personal relationship with authorities.

Médiocrité!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
Welcome to Slot
Let me tell u about my experience, some years back. During the days of Nokia, I bought Nokia E6 for #51k from Slot. Went the sale representative (a lady) hand over the pack to me, the seal was broken. I ask her why was the seal broken and her excuse was that Slot need to verified the peripheries inside the pack before handing it over to customers. I told her that was the work of quality control section at Nokia manufacturing company. She insisted that sometimes peripheries are not complete and Slot will be having misunderstanding with customer. I collect the pack from her and open it. Behold the earpiece inside was the same with a #5k Nokia phone earpiece!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by Belexy(m): 7:46am On Jan 29, 2017
comshots:

Hmmmm.... Why would they touch the panel when i took it in just for a screen replacement.
Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by parrotibaba(m): 9:00am On Jan 29, 2017
Op I suggest you take the tab back to slot and demand to speak with the manager and the calcare reps that handled your tab because it seems that the problem came from them.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by giftedben: 8:09am On Jan 30, 2017
The owners of slot need to fire all their managers, especially the one at Aba, Abia State. My experience was different. I bought 2 lumia 540 with a promise on their website stating "Buy one lumia 540 and get a power bank for free". that means i will get 2 power bank for free but i was given non. when i brought up the issue i was told they have not been informed or updated from their headquarters. i let it pass. Then i came back a week later to get another lumia 540, this time they promised 5000 naira MTN recharge card and again i was not given. when i recounted the last experience of power bank and 5000 naira recharge card, It was the same sales representative, she was highly embarrassed, then she spoke to her co-worker in her local language, saying what their madam is doing was wrong, why is she hiding the promos that came with the phones. that moment i gave up in slot.
Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by Belexy(m): 12:16am On Jan 31, 2017
giftedben:
The owners of slot need to fire all their managers, especially the one at Aba, Abia State. My experience was different. I bought 2 lumia 540 with a promise on their website stating "Buy one lumia 540 and get a power bank for free". that means i will get 2 power bank for free but i was given non. when i brought up the issue i was told they have not been informed or updated from their headquarters. i let it pass. Then i came back a week later to get another lumia 540, this time they promised 5000 naira MTN recharge card and again i was not given. when i recounted the last experience of power bank and 5000 naira recharge card, It was the same sales representative, she was highly embarrassed, then she spoke to her co-worker in her local language, saying what their madam is doing was wrong, why is she hiding the promos that came with the phones. that moment i gave up in slot.

Corruption and unprofessionalism everywhere in Nigeria. God help us.
Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 31, 2017
giftedben:

Did you report the matter to their head office?
Re: My Experience At Slot Of Recent by Youngpo413: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
giftedben:
try St Michael's.

(1) (Reply)

New Airtel Data Reversal Cheat / SOLD::::LG G4(dDual Sim) GONE / 20 Latest Infinix Phones And Prices In Nigeria (2022)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.