Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:01 AM

Which Is Better Red Hat Linux Server Or Ubuntu Server - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Is Better Red Hat Linux Server Or Ubuntu Server (602 Views)

Easily Tether Or Share Your Simple Server Or Psiphon Connection To Other Phones / Red Hat Linux 10.0 / Ubuntu Linux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better Red Hat Linux Server Or Ubuntu Server by smoothine: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2009
I have read a lot about open softwares ,red hat ,mandrake ,ubuntu and all the rest .I want to find out from you guys who are knowledgeable,which of them is good to deploy as a server.
Re: Which Is Better Red Hat Linux Server Or Ubuntu Server by omega25red(m): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2009
i didnt know that ubuntu has a server version oh well i used ubuntu as an OS and it was pretty good as far as servers are concerned i used suse 9 and 10 but i think you have to pay for those or if you can find someone who will give you a live disc.
Suse 9 was very easy to understand and work with the interface was so easy but we had issues getting the suse to send and recive mail through a windows domain controller so you might have to do your home work on that.
Re: Which Is Better Red Hat Linux Server Or Ubuntu Server by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2009
ubuntu always had a server version, and its totally free, plus u get the normalall hands supports ubuntu is known for. redhat is not free unless u going for itigba which i shld warn is at ur own risk

i have neva gone down that route so i dont knw abt the server version but from the experience in the desktop aspect, ubuntu shld be up to the task.

or suse, they do good things too, am not just too sure about support

(1) (Reply)

Whats D Major Improvement On Vista In 7? / Opera Mini On Your Pc / Hello My Fellow Webmasters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.