Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Who Has The Right To Ask For Vehicle Tinted Permit - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Has The Right To Ask For Vehicle Tinted Permit (462 Views)

Can't I Ask For Help On Nairaland Anymore Without Getting Banned? / Tips To Know And Questions To Ask When Choosing Any Health Insurance Company / Must Read For All: Customs Releases Numbers For Vehicle Duty Verification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has The Right To Ask For Vehicle Tinted Permit by Vanityone: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
Just some few hours ago i was stopped by NPF officer who demanded to see all my vehicle particulars in Bonny Island.
After thorough vetting of my documents he then requested for my recent tinted vehicle permit.
I told him i have already applied for one but its not been issued yet. He demanded i show him proof.
I did not have a hard copy on hand as at the time of request but a soft copy of the permit slip i applied for was in my phone (pdf file).
I opened the document for the officer to see but he declined, saying i have to go to the station with him for not having the hard copy on hand.
Three other SUV's were pulled over for same permit offence. and the officers were demanding =N=20,000 for each vehicle.
I cant even think of the phrase to describe their approach as its quite obvious they were out for tinted permit mission (SUV's as target).

The inspector in charge boasted loudly that if you go to any force HQ, one will be issued a tinted permit on the same day as applied.
The was extremely rude and arrogant.

Re: Who Has The Right To Ask For Vehicle Tinted Permit by durubrian(m): 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2017
Police has the right...
Re: Who Has The Right To Ask For Vehicle Tinted Permit by IamRespected: 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
Normally the police has the right, but nowadays eh the thing tire me, even boyscout now ask people of it
Re: Who Has The Right To Ask For Vehicle Tinted Permit by eyeview: 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
The police force has the exclusive right to demand for it.
What i would have advised you would be to get the number of the officer processing or handling it. In such situations,you put a call to the person and let him do the talking to the patrol officer.

But you have a soft copy proof,why didnt you just print a copy and keep in the car till the permit comes out?
Re: Who Has The Right To Ask For Vehicle Tinted Permit by Vanityone: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2017
I,ve just printed the soft copy for future reference.
But its still not right to start demanding 20k from members of the public.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking! 2face Cancels February 6th Protest / Hilarious: See What We've Caused Our Children / #the Truth Reaveld Nigerian Presdient State Of Health *scarytale*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.