Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil (11956 Views)

Hajj: Nigerians Won’t Stone Devil Again – Sanusi. / Man To Die By Stoning For Impregnating Younger Sister / Nigerian Pilgrim Falls To Death In Saudi-Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nezan(m): 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2009
Latest news

Written by Auwalu Umar, Mecca
Tuesday, 01 December 2009 05:03

A female pilgrim from Zamfara State, Hajiya Maryam M. Gusau, has died while stoning the Jamrat in Mina. Jamrat stoning is one of hajj rituals in Mina after the Arafat. She died on Saturday while stoning the second Jamrat.
Maryam’s demise was announced at Zamfara pilgrims’ camp in Mina by the state Amirul Hajj Alhaji Muhammad Bawa. All pilgrims from the state prayed for the repose of her soul and she had since been buried in Mecca after the funeral prayer at the Grand Mosque.

Her death contradicts the official statement by the head of the federal medical team, Dr Ibrahim Kana, that no Nigerian pilgrim died during the Jamrat stoning ritual in Mina. Many pilgrims died in the past during the ritual, but the fatality has greatly reduced in recent years upon completion of the five-storey Jamrat bridge.

Hajiya Maryam, who hailed from Gusau, the capital of Zamfara State, had earlier complained of excessive fatigue and fever soon after the Arafat where more than 2.5 million pilgrims from all over the world stood in prayer.

Meanwhile, a total of 19 Nigerian pilgrims have so far died during this year’s hajj. Head of the federal medical team, Dr Ibrahim Kana, who announced this in Mecca yesterday, said this year’s death toll in the holy land was not as high as last year’s when more than 40 pilgrims from Nigeria died. Kana said five pilgrims from Katsina and the Federal Capital Territory Abuja were involved in a road accident in which they sustained various degrees of injuries. He however said they all survived the accident as there was no report of loss of lives.

The accident, according to him, took place on their way to Arafat. All the victims, he said, were lucky to have gotten to the Arafat. He said they had all been discharged from the hospital where they were taken for urgent medical attention.

Source: http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10423:zamfara-pilgrim-dies-stoning-devil&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=119
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Abuzola11(m): 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
you are a slowpoke, what do you expect us to say,

the place use to be crowded to the alter and it often result to stampede
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by skfa1: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola why jumping at the poster. No need tho, just a news
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nezan(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2009
@abuzola;  I was wondering if the devil overcame the numerous stones thrown at it undecided
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Abuzola11(m): 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2009
Nezan:

@abuzola;  I was wondering if the devil overcame the numerous stones thrown at it undecided

i knew you are this daft, what does stampede or inhailng problem gotta do with satan.

shook head shocked
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by jagunlabi(m): 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2009
I bet the devil threw a stone or two back at her and it was a bullseye hit.
RIP to the late woman.
Nezan:

@abuzola;  I was wondering if the devil overcame the numerous stones thrown at it undecided
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by muhsin(m): 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2009
What has this got to do with this place?

And, is this the true title of the news piece?

Please get more matured, ol pal.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by mazaje(m): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2009
I bet the dead pilgrim is now in aljanah having mindless sex with beautiful virgins all over the place and drinking wine from the rivers of wine that abound in allah's aljanah. . . .that is after he must have passed through the complusury brief stay in hell fire that was promised every moslem. . I laugh in arabic. . . grin grin
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Abuzola11(m): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2009
mazaje:

I bet the dead pilgrim is now in aljanah having mindless sex with beautiful virgins all over the place and drinking wine from the rivers of wine that abound in allah's aljanah. . . .that is after he must have passed through the complusury brief stay in hell fire that was promised every moslem. . I laugh in arabic. . . grin grin

verily i pity you

10:7

: Verily, those who hope not for their meeting with Us, but are pleased and satisfied with the life of the present world, and those who are heedless of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.),
10:8

: Those, their abode will be the Fire, because of what they used to earn.
10:9
Faith, i.e. to believe in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, Day of Resurrection, and Al-Qadar (Divine Preordainments) - Islamic Monotheism], and do deeds of righteousness, their Lord will guide them through their Faith; under them will flow rivers in the Gardens of delight (Paradise).
: Verily, those who believe [in the Oneness of Allah along with the six articles of
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by olabowale(m): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2009
@Nezan: « #3 on: Today at 03:36:57 PM »
@abuzola; I was wondering if the devil overcame the numerous stones thrown at it
Overcome is the emphasis here. According to the Christians, Jesus overcome. According to Christian (nezan) Devil overcome. As I read it, devil and Biblical Jesus are same to the muslims. They are both in the overcome column.

Jesus nailed numerous times. Devil stoned numerous time. nezan is a devil worshipper.

Abuzola, use their statement to ridicule them, or go to the Quran and the ahadith where the right responses against them so that you can shame them is already been in place for over 1400 years and counting!
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Kx: 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2009
nonsense,person never see food chop,she dey stone wall say na devil shocked
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by ud4u: 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2009
Stonning devil ke, na waa ooo, this is my first hearing of such thing
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Akanniade(m): 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2009
poor pilgrim. I guess she shud be compensated with 72 hercules in allah's paradise.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2009
wonder why almost ALL Hajj pilgrimages end up with death. Surely that is allah's abode no?
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nezan(m): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola 1:

i knew you are this daft, what does stampede or inhailng problem gotta do with satan.

shook head shocked

You mean during the stoning session, satan devices a means of survival by causing a stampede or inhaling problem against the pilgrims, no?
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nezan(m): 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2009
muhsin:

What has this got to do with this place?

And, is this the true title of the news piece?

Please get more matured, ol pal.

Did I went to makkah? was I the journalist that sent in the report? blame the daily trust correspondent (who is a muslim), not me.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nezan(m): 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2009
olabowale:

@Nezan: « #3 on: Today at 03:36:57 PM » Overcome is the emphasis here. According to the Christians, Jesus overcome. According to Christian (nezan) Devil overcome. As I read it, devil and Biblical Jesus are same to the muslims. They are both in the overcome column.

Jesus nailed numerous times. Devil stoned numerous time. nezan is a devil worshipper.

Abuzola, use their statement to ridicule them, or go to the Quran and the ahadith where the right responses against them so that you can shame them is already been in place for over 1400 years and counting!

Ha ha ha, old man olabowale, what is eating you up? have you resolved the issue of which allah you are worshipping? is it one of the numerous idols that were been worshipped by the kuraish tribe in the ka'aba or the one mohammed rebranded and turned to the god of creation?
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nezan(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2009
davidylan:

wonder why almost ALL Hajj pilgrimages end up with death. Surely that is allah's abode no?

David I wonder, that was why I opened the thread.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2009
assuming the guy's hajj was accepted, it is best for him - one way ticket to aljanah - his sins have been washed away - what christians would call a state of grace

odd that christians who make so much noise about the love of their god seem to shy away from death - how do you expect to meet him
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by tboy1(m): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola  1:

you are a slowpoke, what do you expect us to say,
the place use to be crowded to the alter and it often result to stampede
U didnt have to insult the poster
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by PastorAIO: 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2009
I don't know why you have to go all the way to mecca to stone the devil. There are plenty of devils in nigerian that need stoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2009
oyb:

assuming the guy's hajj was accepted, it is best for him - one way ticket to aljanah - his sins have been washed away - what christians would call a state of grace

We again see the subtle appropriation of biblical terms to beautify islam. Sins are now "WASHED" away in islam too? With what?

oyb:

odd that christians who make so much noise about the love of their god seem to shy away from death - how do you expect to meet him

No sir . . . we dont shy away from death but of course i would raise eyebrows if at least 40 - 50 people end up dead every year at Shiloh.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2009
We again see the subtle appropriation of biblical terms to beautify islam. Sins are now "WASHED" away in islam too? With what?

yawn - how typical - i'm just using terms a christian should be able to understand - i have no need to 'beautify' Islam for the likes of you tongue .with your 'broad knowledge of Islam, you should know that if your hajj is accepted your slate is wiped clean and you are as sinless as a new born baby - that should nott be a biblical term - since christians are born into sin or how do you call it tongue

No sir . . . we dont shy away from death but of course i would raise eyebrows if at least 40 - 50 people end up dead every year at Shiloh.

i guess Christian fervor is only on the Internet tongue
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2009
oyb:

yawn - how typical - i'm just using terms a christian should be able to understand - i have no need to 'beautify' Islam for the likes of you tongue .with your 'broad knowledge of Islam, you should know that if your hajj is accepted your slate is wiped clean and you are as sinless as a new born baby - that should nott be a biblical term - since christians are born into sin or how do you call it tongue

I was expecting the usual employing of sarcasm to gloss over the fact that over time we have seen a creeping stealing of biblical terms.

To start with . . . you used the term "sins are washed away" . . . that is NOT islamic at all and is clearly a play on the biblical concept of washing away sins with the Blood of Christ. It is NOT a general "all-purpose" term for sin as you so deceitfully want to indicate.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2009
i expected the usual insidious insinuations from you of 'creeping stealing of biblical terms'

stop being ridiculous - your biblical terms have found their way into the popular lexicon - thats the price of your forerunners winning the western culture wars

i have no need to associate myself with what passes for a religion among the likes of you. i have no need to adopt the absurdity of blood washing away sin, thank you very much.

better get used to the fact that the proliferation of your religion means that biblical terms are just common phrases
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Kay17: 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2009
74 virgin guys wuld be waitin.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by olabowale(m): 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2009
@PastorAIO: « #20 on: Today at 06:55:19 PM »  
I don't know why you have to go all the way to mecca to stone the devil.  There are plenty of devils in nigerian that need stoning.
And Allah has shown Mercy that Muslims are not told to stone all the evildoers in their enviroment! And the greatest of evil, action of the devil (devils) is saying that God is Three/Trinity, or saying He is not what He is. Pastor, this very Mercy from Allah covers you, even as you reside right there in England. You should thank Allah by prostrating your face and say Shukrullah while you are at it.

@davidylan (m): « #21 on: Today at 07:49:24 PM »  
If I have a quarter for every lie that rolls out of the lips of this dude called Davidylan, I should have become a multibillionaire between 2006 and now. David, which prophet in the Bible that is exclusively Biblical, not human (thats dry humor), angel (humor) and will fly and first used the term "wash" away of sin? Was he a Jew by religion, or Christian by reigion? Adam the first man, who am his son, you too are is son, but you will rather be son of God (liar then I laugh), must have sinned if any disobedience to God is sinful. But then washed away his sin, as he seeked forgiveness, and definitely Adam was not exclusively Biblical since am his son and there is no way all Muslims world over and I are Biblical! The statement of man is neither Biblical, exclusively nor Islamic exclusively. The hindu can make beautiful prayers. The Object of Worship is what is important, unfortunately for you, you have three objects, while hindu's is another doll! You guys belong together, different forms of disbeliefs.

[Quote]No sir . . . we dont shy away from death but of course i would raise eyebrows if at least 40 - 50 people end up dead every year at Shiloh.[/quote]Where is Shiloh? Any significant number of people ever, at one time gathered on it, determined to conduct a particular rite, ever? Please davidylan, lay off from the beaker and let the fumes get away from your nose, sometimes! Let the residue of the job stop following you outside the lab enviroment.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2009
oyb:

i expected the usual insidious insinuations from you of 'creeping stealing of biblical terms'

stop being ridiculous - your biblical terms have found their way into the popular lexicon - thats the price of your forerunners winning the western culture wars

i have no need to associate myself with what passes for a religion among the likes of you. i have no need to adopt the absurdity of blood washing away sin, thank you very much.

better get used to the fact that the proliferation of your religion means that biblical terms are just common phrases

Actually that's FALSE. ONLY MUSLIMS consistently and fraudulently co-opt biblical phrases to white-wash islam under the guise that they have become "common phrases". You wont hear a buddhist for example telling you that your sins are washed away . . . you wont hear a jew ever tell you that either.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2009
yawn - keep trying to derail the thread - you desperation is pitiful

i simply used washed away because those were terms you would understand - i understand that you need to believe that i was 'appropriating' your precious bible -

antediluvian (before the flood)
old as Methuselah
judas (traitior)

those are just a few biblical references in popular culture.

i suppose if i used those , you would run in here foaming at the mouth as always

better put a copyright on your precious bible - none but true christians like davidylan are allowed to utter words related to this here book tongue
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
oyb:

yawn - keep trying to derail the thread - you desperation is pitiful

i simply used washed away because those were terms you would understand - i understand that you need to believe that i was 'appropriating' your precious bible -

antediluvian (before the flood)
old as Methuselah
judas (traitior)

those are just a few biblical references in popular culture.

i suppose if i used those , you would run in here foaming at the mouth as always

better put a copyright on your precious bible - none but true christians like davidylan are allowed to utter words related to this here book tongue

1. antediluvian isnt even a biblical term. It is a modern word that simply describes a biblical occurence that is also reported in extra-biblical historical documents.

2. Old as methuselah - Methuselah is a name not a concept

3. Judas - same as above.

4. Your "examples" make me cringe . . . to use the name "Judas" to describe traitors IS NOT THE SAME as for example appropriating CLEARLY BIBLICAL concepts like the crucifiction on the cross as the sacrifice for sin. Its funny you NEVER could find an example where "sins are washed away" has become popular lexicon.

As usual i am not surprised by your use of sarcasm to try to get around islam's basic problem of credibility.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2009
oyb:

No point, allah has already tried to claim that too.
Re: Zamfara Pilgrim Dies Stoning Devil by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2009
yawn. . .

a few more

last supper
apocalypse
New Wine into Old Wineskins
incarnation
testament

Islam has no problem with credibility - you just have a problem with Islam  tongue . keep trolling  smiley

and keep trying to put words in my mouth  tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lowering One's Voice; Women And Phone! / What Are The Conditions For Wiping Over Socks? / How To Date As A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.