Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban (1355 Views)

iPhone SE is faster than the fastest Android Smartphones, says Tim Cook / "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook / Apple’s Tim Cook Calls For Stronger Privacy Laws After The Facebook Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by ayobami52(m): 7:42am On Jan 30, 2017
On Friday, President Trump signed an executive order banning citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries—Iraq, Iran, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Libya, and Yemen—from entering America under any visa, for at least 120 days. The move has started affecting many tech companies such as Apple, Uber, Google, Facebook and Netflix.

Apple CEO has reiterated that the move will kill Apple business, prevent inflow of the best and brightest brains into the US and hinder innovation. Many Apple and Google employees who travelled home for the Holiday were denied access to the US. He has since written a letter to all Apple employees affected by the ban assuring them of his support.

Read the full Tim Cook’s Letter to Apple’s Employee over Immigration Ban

Dear Team,

In my conversations with officials here in Washington this week, I’ve made it clear that Apple believes deeply in the importance of immigration — both to our company and to our nation’s future. Apple would not exist without immigration, let alone thrive and innovate the way we do.

I’ve heard from many of you who are deeply concerned about the executive order issued yesterday restricting immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries. I share your concerns. It is not a policy we support.

There are employees at Apple who are directly affected by yesterday’s immigration order. Our HR, Legal and Security teams are in contact with them, and Apple will do everything we can to support them. We’re providing resources on AppleWeb for anyone with questions or concerns about immigration policies. And we have reached out to the White House to explain the negative effect on our coworkers and our company.

As I’ve said many times, diversity makes our team stronger. And if there’s one thing I know about the people at Apple, it’s the depth of our empathy and support for one another. It’s as important now as it’s ever been, and it will not weaken one bit. I know I can count on all of you to make sure everyone at Apple feels welcome, respected and valued.

Apple is open. Open to everyone, no matter where they come from, which language they speak, who they love or how they worship. Our employees represent the finest talent in the world, and our team hails from every corner of the globe.

In the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, “We may have all come on different ships, but we are in the same boat now.”

Tim. Source https://www.phonecorridor.com/2017/01/tim-cook-apple-immigration/

Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by RoyalBlak007: 7:53am On Jan 30, 2017
This Guy(Trump) is really going berserk
Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by Orator2383: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2017
His name should be called Donald trouble
Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by fathomberry: 10:09am On Jan 30, 2017
A country where everybody respects each other regardless of what those in the highest echelons of power do, say or sign.
Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by mayorchelsea(m): 10:54am On Jan 30, 2017
Some of us who have even been lucky to escape religious crisis do not have the sort of hatred some 'Christians' have for Islam.America is what it is today by collective efforts not only the efforts of its citizens as Apple was trying to portray even though I understand Trump's position by asking myself such questions as,"what help has Saudi Arabia offered to Muslim refugees?""What has UAE done to help refugees too"?Must it be Europe or The West who have to come to the fore to help these people?May God help Trump.
Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by lollmaolol(m): 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
This is indeed touching
Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
No, he is trying to keep America safe. I was so angry with the Vice Chancellor of Germany Merkel for allowing those Syrians and other Arab refugees into Germany. Why didn't they go to Saudi Arabia, UAE? It was one big mistake she made. I can tell you that she regretted after the recent terrorist attack on the German soil. Muslims are peace haters.

I stand with Trump on this. Trump is fixing America.

5 Likes

Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by Turks: 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2017
No religion is responsible for terrorism, people are responsible for terrorism. #NuffSaid
iyke926:

No, he is trying to keep America safe. I was so angry with the Vice Chancellor of Germany Merkel for allowing those Syrians and other Arab refugees into Germany. Why didn't they go to Saudi Arabia, UAE? It was one big mistake she made. I can tell you that she regretted after the recent terrorist attack on the German soil. Muslims are peace haters.

I stand with Trump on this. Trump is fixing America.

1 Like

Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by revolt(m): 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
trump is doing his job.......ie safe guarding his citizens interests. Any immigrant that's not happy should go fix his country..US has a right to live in isolation..I just wish our lousy president made equivalent trump reforms ie reduce tax n ensure FDI inflow by deregulating all sectors instead of northernisation policies n trial by error governance

1 Like

Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
Turks:
No religion is responsible for terrorism, people are responsible for terrorism. #NuffSaid
Re: See Apple Tim Cook's Email To Affected Employees On Immigration Ban by RoyalBlak007: 10:18pm On Jan 30, 2017
revolt:
trump is doing his job.......ie safe guarding his citizens interests. Any immigrant that's not happy should go fix his country..US has a right to live in isolation..I just wish our lousy president made equivalent trump reforms ie reduce tax n ensure FDI inflow by deregulating all sectors instead of northernisation policies n trial by error governance

You are right though... The man is fulfilling all what he promised...during the campaign

He's a really tough guy,i just hope he can take all the heat

(1) (Reply)

Latest And Best Android Smartwatch For You !!! Check It Out / Any Camon C8 For Sale?enter Here / Finger Print On The Back Or The Front Of A Phone, Which Do You Prefer??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.