Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

How Nigerian Teenager Overcame Dyslexia To Build Electrical Appliances - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Nigerian Teenager Overcame Dyslexia To Build Electrical Appliances (478 Views)

How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue / The Nigerian Educational System And Dyslexia / Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerian Teenager Overcame Dyslexia To Build Electrical Appliances by aondonatime14: 8:17am On Jan 30, 2017
He was suffering from Dyslexia, a form of disability that impairs reading, spelling and even writing, in children. And with such disability, he lived his adolescent years with the fear of a bleak future.

But all that changed in 2014 when he eventually overcame his dyslexic condition, with the support of his mother (now late) and some of his teachers and mentors. But prior to that period, his condition had spurred him to discover a talent hitherto hidden to him and many people around him: construction of electronic appliances.

“With my dyslexic condition, I was scared because I never wanted to become a school drop-out. So I discovered that I can create and invent technological appliances,” he told PREMIUM TIMES in an exclusive interview.

“Of course, I wanted to innovate because I could not write. So in a way, my poor reading and spelling abilities made me discover my talents.”

AYANWOYE TOBI RASHEED

19-year old Ayanwoye Tobi Rasheed is a Senior Secondary School, SSS 3, student of Federal Government College, FGC, Ogbomoso. He was born in January 1998. A native of Oyo State, Tobi was raised in Ogbomoso in Oyo North senatorial district of the state.

Having suffered Dyslexia from boyhood, he was never given any chance by people around him. But against all odds, and with the support of his mother and teachers, he fought his disability. He can now read, spell and write well.

But much more importantly, Tobi has since discovered himself, nurtured his talents and built numerous electrical appliances including a solar-powered lawn mower, a solar-powered grinding machine, a foot mart alert among other appliances.

OVERCOMING DYSLEXIA

“It was tough for me,” Tobi said of his experience before he found solution to his dyslexic condition. “Whenever I saw an alphabet, I mistook it for another.”

Tobi, at 14 years of age, had to repeat classes because he could not read or write. No one realised he was suffering from a learning impairment, and it was indeed a complex situation..........VISIT TO SEE PICTURES http://www.vintageinfo.com.ng/2017/01/30/how-nigerian-teenager-overcame-dyslexia-to-build-electrical-appliances/

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Police Allegedly Shoots Truck Driver Who Tried To Stop Him From Urinating / Nigeria Produces High-grade Security Merchandise Locally - IGP Idris (Photos) / See The Aftermath Of Savage Attack That Happened In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.