Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... (1378 Views)

Man Spots A Python In His Poultry In Bayelsa. Photo / 3acres Of farm Land For Sale @ 150k/acre With Documents / How Much Will It Cost Me To Start A Poultry Farm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by Crownadex(m): 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2017
good day nairalanders . I've been thinking about to start running poultry with just 150k since 3weeks ago , is it enough or not ? pls anybdy who have an idea should share his/her experiences .... thanks
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by klassykute(m): 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2017
even 100k can do it
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by porozhniy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
Do you a pen/cage? Feeders & drinkers? Light & heat source?. If yes to the above questions, #130k will procure & feed 150 DOC's till maturity @ 8 weeks, drugs inclusive.
Broilers only.
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by Crownadex(m): 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2017
porozhniy:
Do you a pen/cage? Feeders & drinkers? Light & heat source?. If yes to the above questions, #130k will procure & feed 150 DOC's till maturity @ 8 weeks, drugs inclusive.
Broilers only.
God bless u sir
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by xolocious(m): 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
porozhniy:
Broilers only.

how much can one invest in rearing 1000 layers till they get to the stage of laying eggs?
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by porozhniy(m): 12:01am On Jan 31, 2017
xolocious:

how much can one invest in rearing 1000 layers till they get to the stage of laying eggs?

I've never reared layers, however you should check out this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/2557877/xmas-broiler-broading-pictures/50

Seek out neologe82, he'll advice you properly.
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by porozhniy(m): 12:03am On Jan 31, 2017
Crownadex:
God bless u sir
I'm glad you found my post helpful. Pls endeavor to go through this thread
You'll never go wrong.
Welcome to the hustle bro, may Jah bless your little efforts.
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by xolocious(m): 12:14am On Jan 31, 2017
porozhniy:
I've never reared layers, however you should check out this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/2557877/xmas-broiler-broading-pictures/50
Seek out neologe82, he'll advice you properly.
thanks bro.
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by Crownadex(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2017
porozhniy:

I'm glad you found my post helpful. Pls endeavor to go through this thread
You'll never go wrong.
Welcome to the hustle bro, may Jah bless your little efforts.
I really appreciate but should I send my watsapp request to u ?
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by isa112(m): 10:46am On Jan 31, 2017
If u have where to house them, 150k ll raise u about 150 broilers with the current inflation of feed thats over 4k,but i ll suggest u calculate and do it for festive period like easter or salah as there is hardly any serious buyer that ll buy your birds for a profit and pay cash off season, for layers, I ll suggest you budget 1500 to 1700 per bird from day old to laying to cover buying d birds, debeaking, brooding and vaccinations because the feed cost is skyrocketing daily so its best to over estimate, so divide ur 130k by 1700 to know how many pullets u can raise or best still buy point of lay, but just note that no business is easy so be sure its what u want to go into before u invest,and also note all the capital wont be gotten back in one swoop, its a business that require patience, I hope it help. cheers
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by Crownadex(m): 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Thanks bro ....so I should wait till around April or March
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by Crownadex(m): 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
isa112:
If u have where to house them, 150k ll raise u about 150 broilers with the current inflation of feed thats over 4k,but i ll suggest u calculate and do it for festive period like easter or salah as there is hardly any serious buyer that ll buy your birds for a profit and pay cash off season, for layers, I ll suggest you budget 1500 to 1700 per bird from day old to laying to cover buying d birds, debeaking, brooding and vaccinations because the feed cost is skyrocketing daily so its best to over estimate, so divide ur 130k by 1700 to know how many pullets u can raise or best still buy point of lay, but just note that no business is easy so be sure its what u want to go into before u invest,and also note all the capital wont be gotten back in one swoop, its a business that require patience, I hope it help. cheers
I should wait till around March or April ?
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2017
Crownadex:
bros do u have branch in ondo state ?
Don't waste your time
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by Crownadex(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Don't waste your time
waste my time as hw ?
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by isa112(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Crownadex:
I should wait till around March or April ?
Just calculate 9weeks prior to the festive season u r planing for then stock but not to discourage you, u can do a feasibility study know how or if u could sell at a profit off season but here in the north its really challenging, just go round and ask questions pertaining your target market, farming isnt an internet biz where one sit down comfortably, there is a lot at stake so u can start by asking people u know like how many qty they could buy if u produce, weldone boss
Re: Is 150k Enough To Start Running Poultry ? .... by Crownadex(m): 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ok bro I'm very gr8ful

(1) (Reply)

I Am In Need Of These Exotic Animals (antelope, Peacock, Geese). / 2 Years Old Turkey For Sale Male And Females. / I Want To Know Grounded Pepper Business Secret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.