Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker (1109 Views)

Chinese Carmaker's Parade Of 55 Self-driving Suvs Sets New Guinness Record / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. / Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by ukelvinn(m): 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
Volkswagen has overtaken Toyota to become the world's best-selling carmaker, the first time the German company has held the position.
Japan's Toyota, which had topped sales for the past four years, sold 10.175 million vehicles globally in 2016.
That fell short of the 10.31 million...@ugoezeh's blog: Volkswagen overtakes Toyota as the world's biggest... http://ugoezeh..com/2017/01/volkswagen-overtakes-toyota-as-worlds.html?spref=tw

Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
not possible angry
Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by surrogatesng: 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
Really? I need facts and figures to believe this
Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by siobh: 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
with that electrical headaches
Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by grrrhh(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2017
Very possible when you consider all the marquees under Volkswagen
Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by felapikin(m): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2017
How possible is this? More facts are needed to back this claim up undecided
Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by jaz(m): 10:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
Some ppl think VW is just about beetles and buses. VW owns the following brands:
Audi
Bentley Motors
Bugatti Automobiles
Ducati
Ducati Corse
Lamborghini
MAN SE
Neoplan
Porsche
Scania
SEAT
Škoda Auto
Volkswagen
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
Volkswagen Marine
So go figure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by simiolu1(m): 12:37am On Jan 31, 2017
felapikin:
How possible is this? More facts are needed to back this claim up undecided

They sold 10.3M cars in 2016 compared to Toyota's 10.2M cool cool

desquad:
not possible angry

Impossible is just a word... tongue tongue

siobh:

Yes. In fact, add the "Dieselgate" scandal to it. tongue tongue

Mehn; I need to buy VW shares ASAP (in my dreams though) grin grin

Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by diportivo: 7:52am On Feb 01, 2017
siobh:

Which one
Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by siobh: 9:27am On Feb 01, 2017
diportivo:

Which one
you be volkswagen mechanic, a friend has been battling with his polo endlessly since december 9 last year.
throttle body, air flow meter, brain box, fuse box, injector, window engine, side mirror, the list is endless.....................
sad undecided
Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by diportivo: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2017
siobh:

you be volkswagen mechanic, a friend has been battling with his polo endlessly since december 9 last year.
throttle body, air flow meter, brain box, fuse box, injector, window engine, side mirror, the list is endless.....................
sad undecided

The article specifies 2016 sales

Unless dat polo is a 2016 model I don't see how dat comes into play in this thread

If only ur friend has had his polo scanned with a VCDS he wld av been able to pinpoint the issue

Perhaps he only needs to do a readaptation

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Overtakes Toyota As The World's Biggest Carmaker by siobh: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2017
diportivo:

The article specifies 2016 sales

Unless dat polo is a 2016 model I don't see how dat comes into play in this thread

If only ur friend has had his polo scanned with a VCDS he wld av been able to pinpoint the issue

Perhaps he only needs to do a readaptation
i know its 2016 sales, i am a big fan of german machines especially the BIMA, but there is something about volkswagen that annoys me. electrical problems. i havent handled any of the 2016 anyway, so i wouldnt know what they represent.

(1) (Reply)

Obd Tool / Bentley Mulsanne Grand Convertible Unveiled - Only 19 Will Be Produced (photos) / Nossan Quest 2000 Model For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.