Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

- Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (749 Views)

Attention!!! Strictly For Christians!! / Muslims Provide Security For Christians At Christmas Service In Kaduna / 500 Billion Pounds Questions For Christians (2) (3) (4)

by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Edwinmason(m): 2:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hannaway:
First of all, a beautiful New Year to You all

Now my question is: what if you were hanging from a cliff, and the only person that could save you was an atheist. Would you take his hand if he offers to help?
And if you did, and he was able to rescue you, would you, after that event, still label atheists as immoral people incapable of being good persons and need to be redeemed?

Honest answers pls
atheist are not bad people beside everyone has the right to choose wat they believe......but the idea of trying to destroy other pipo religion simply because you want to justify urs is the reason why theist regard them that way
Re: by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Edwinmason(m): 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hannaway:

Atheists don't suscribe to any belief system under a brand name; they just, like other rational people, try to rationalise issues facing humans with logic, reason and evidence.
Atheists are not bad people. I am not so sure that your christian folks agree with you on that.
tanks 4 the corection........it is my opinion i dont need any one to agree wit me on that
Re: by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Origin(f): 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2017
So now we have a three way religious division in naija.

Please senate should make a law where you keep your religion to yourself. grin
Re: by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Edwinmason(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hannaway:

Atheists don't suscribe to any belief system under a brand name; they just, like other rational people, try to rationalise issues facing humans with logic, reason and evidence.
Atheists are not bad people. I am not so sure that your christian folks agree with you on that.
You say everyone has the right to choose what they believe. What if I chose to rape your female relative because I believed that forceful sex gives more sexual satisfaction than consensual sex?
okay..,.......i dont see any belief that permit that beside do it with sumone who share d same belief wit u because by the time you extend it to sum1 who does nt share in it ...there gonna be WAR..and that is what is kilin naija
Re: by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Edwinmason(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hannaway:

Good. Why then do christians feel it's their godly duty to bug 'unbelievers' with boring sermons? Why don't they share their gospel whatever with their fellow believers, eh?
our religion ask us to reach to 'unbelievers' to spread our faith and we are doing that...but however we dont force anyone to become a believer if you dont want it...just ask them to stop no one is gonna penalize you for that .
Re: by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Edwinmason(m): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hannaway:

Quite true. This is what present day christianity is all about. Christianity in its early stages, used forceful conversion to increase their numbers, and I am sure that if one checks the bible thoroughly, he will come across one or two verses in the bible that supports the deeds of early christians, although enlightened christians found the need to do away with such ideas.
the verses u are talking about are frm d old testament the religion then was judaism.....new testament never force any one become a believer...
Re: by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Edwinmason(m): 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hannaway:

Are you saying the old testament is no longer valid?
it is valid but christianity take it teaching from the new testament because jesus came to regulate the law of the the old testament and nt to destroy it
Re: by Richirich713: 4:40pm On Jan 30, 2017
Sure I'll take his hand, but that wouldn't make me change my mind on what atheist think of morality, what I think of their views of morality is exactly what they themselves told me.
Re: by Aaronsrod: 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2017
I would take the athiest hand and pull him over the cliff with me straight down to Hell!! Then we will see who is the fool!! grin
Re: by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Edwinmason(m): 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hannaway:

You are still saying the same thing but in a different way. Well, your post is not entirely true, because people still adhere to the ten 10 commandments.
jesus christ not to destroy the old testament but to modify it
Re: by Richirich713: 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hannaway:

Let's not even go into morality from a christian view. It's dangerous.

Nah its not, christians are supposed to be at peace with all men.
Re: by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
Re: by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2017

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/03/17 / 7 Reasons Nigerian Pastors Visit Witch Doctors For Charms / Seun Please