Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Want Free Traffic For Your Quality Content? Use Stumbleupon. Thank me later! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Want Free Traffic For Your Quality Content? Use Stumbleupon. Thank me later! (527 Views)

Popular Social Sharing Platform, Stumbleupon Shutting Down June 30, 2018 / Pls Who Knows How To Drive Traffic With Slideshare.net And Stumbleupon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Want Free Traffic For Your Quality Content? Use Stumbleupon. Thank me later! by Lordsurh: 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2017

SumbleUpon is an internet discovery tool that also acts as a social network. You log in, set your interests, and then it will present interesting pages to you almost endlessly. You can like, save, and share pages and create your own lists for categorization.

StumbleUpon is one of the best traffic generators among the top seven social media sites, referring more than other social bookmarking and voting sites such as Digg and Reddit according to Statcounter.

Why?

Because when a user likes, or stumbles, a particular page, it is put into the StumbleUpon lineup. As other StumbleUpon users are randomly searching for new content on a specific
topic using the Stumble button on their toolbar, any pages in the lineup for that topic will be displayed to them.

So how can you capitalize on this great network and start getting traffic?

It’s an amazing way to get traffic. And the best part is it’s free. It’s a really great way to find websites about what you’re interested in that you may never have found if you didn’t use their web app.

StumbleUpon is hit or miss. From what I’ve experienced, it will either:

1. Get a lot of traffic long-term.
2. Get a temporary spike and die off completely.
3. Get 10-20 visitors and then die off.

The good thing is that there’s not limit to how many pages you can submit. You’re not spamming their web app, you’re helping to grow it by suggesting pages to their database.

Disadvantage : Not great for Adsensesad

Although getting traffic from StumbleUpon is easy, it’s not the best for getting Adsense clicks. Traffic from It has some of the highest bounce rates.

People just want to quickly digest your content, and stumble onto the next presented page.

However, just because you won’t get clicks, it doesn’t mean you should ignore it when it’s this effective.

You get more than just an increased traffic number.

You get more people interested in your niche to discover your site, bookmark your site, and share it with their friends

If you haven’t tried StumbleUpon before, you should definitely start using it to get traffic

Source: http://www.rankxl.com/massive-stumbleupon-traffic/
https://blog.kissmetrics.com/increase-traffic-with-stumbleupon/

(1) (Reply)

Help / I Need Someone Who Will Design A Website For Me / Can Android Phones Be Used In Creating Web Programs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.