Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,607 members, 7,770,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

A Motivational Short Story - But, I Still Love Him! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Motivational Short Story - But, I Still Love Him! (1069 Views)

I Think I Love Him / Bossing The Boss: A Motivational Story. / I Love You, But I Am Guilty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Motivational Short Story - But, I Still Love Him! by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 31, 2017
(Written by Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola)

(Auntie Nancy offers Chloe a neatly peeled orange on a small saucer but the latter collects it sharply and drops it on the stool beside her with a bang)

AUNTIE NANCY: (Frowns) What is wrong this time sister? You need more money or your CGPA dropped from 4.9 to 4.89?...which one o, my worry worry baby sis?

CHLOE: (Sighs) Its Kelvin sis... Its Kelvin

AUNTIE: (Eats her orange) What about him this time?

CHLOE: (Sobs) January 12th, Kelvin said I looked like a frog without any apology and he was not interested in me anymore. I begged him and he said he would manage to go on.

AUNTIE: (Looks aghast as she drops the orange) What!

CHLOE: January ended well until February 14 when he called to tell me he doesn't have a val gift for me because its an anniversary for lovers and he doesn't feel he had ever loved me. He dropped the call and I called back to tell him to forget about any gift and let us continue our love!

AUNTIE: (Shakes her head) Hmmmm

CHLOE: On March 15, my birthday, I decided to celebrate with my friends in the department and invited him. About an hour to the celebration, I called to ask about his whereabouts, he said he wasn't going to attend because he learnt that I invited some guys to the get together. He said he can't stand other guys talking about me and until I ordered all guys to go would he come.

AUNTIE: (Shaking her legs seriously, her lips pursed) And you did?

CHLOE: (Holds her head in her hands) Of course I did! I had to do all to keep my man! Now, I have lost all my male friends

AUNTIE: (Nods vigorously and smiles, her lips shaking) Continue

CHLOE: April 24, we met inside a bank premises. He was with his female friend. I smiled and rushed to greet him but he walked past me. I was embarrassed. I called him when I....

AUNTIE: (Pulls at her skirt) You still called?.... Ah!

CHLOE: (Sobs) Yes auntie, I did! He said he was sorry but that he was just embarrassed at the way I was dressed. But auntie, I was wearing the same cloth I wore the day he proposed to me. The same dress he had admired greatly

AUNTIE: (Shakes her head still) Hmmm, so exactly what has he done today June 23rd?

CHLOE: (Starts to cry heavily, pulling at her silky hair) If not because I am sure he is God’s will for me. If not because I am sure he is God’s will for my life and that this is just happening as a storm that I know it will surely pass, if not because....

AUNTIE: (Hisses silently, still shaking her head) What did he do now?... C'est fini!

CHLOE: (unbuttons her blouse and turns her back to her aunt) He beat me to stupor and threw me out of his house!

AUNTIE: (Stands up slowly) Ah!... The Lord my God!... The Lord my Lord!... Ah! But what was a christian sister doing in the house of her fiance all alone?

CHLOE: (Buttons her blouse again) He insisted that I come! He said it would be over if I didn't come. He said he was led of the Holy Spirit that I should come. I had to obey the Holy Spirit!

AUNTIEsadTears gather in her eyes) Yeh... Ah!... Oluwa mi oooooo!
Which Holy Spirit?.. Ah, obviously not my Comforter!

CHLOE: He said he was led to search my body because the Holy Spirit told him I have evil marks on my body. I refused blatantly but he pulled at my clothes for a long time but when I bit at his shoulder, he started to beat me, called me a LovePeddler and pushed me out of his house.

AUNTIE: (Tears strolling down her face) So, what do you want from me? Why are you telling me this?

CHLOE: (Moves to her aunt and holds her hands, sniffing wetly) I want you to help me call him. Help me tell him that it was the work of the devil that allowed me to bite him. I also want you to join me in prayers to ask God to change him

AUNTIE: (Bites her lips) Ah, my Father!... This girl is just sharp for nothing! First class student for nothing!... Ah... Chloe! (Starts to cry as she falls on her knees)

CHLOE: (Looks shocked) Auntie, is anything the matter? Kelvin isn’t that bad o. He is just a chloeric!.. He even speaks in tongue. Let's just pray that God will go and show Himself strong in his weaknesses!... I love him... I love him still!

AUNTIE: (Looks into her face, shakes her head and rises to her feet, sniffing wetly) Let's go to his house now.

CHLOE: (Smiles as she wipes her face) Are you for real?

AUNTIE: (Picks her hand bag) Let's go!

(They walked out through the door and walked to the park. Auntie removes the tarpaulin from the Highlander jeep and opens the door. Chloe remains outside, looking shocked)

AUNTIE: Chloe, come in and let's go please

CHLOE: When you have about four good cars here, why are you going inside the one that is faulty?

AUNTIE: (Looks shocked) Faulty?... (She starts the car and the sound is loud enough to wake the dead. Chloe covers her ears)

CHLOE: (Shouts) We can't go with this car, auntie. Turn off the ignition! (She covers her ears)

AUNTIE: (Comes down from the car) Why?

CHLOE: Isn't it obvious that this car is faulty aunty?

AUNTIE: I just feel led to take this car. Its just its silencer that is faulty. I trust God to touch it!

CHLOE: (Shocked) What! Auntie, is everything okay?

AUNTIE: (Starts to cry) Its this car I love. Come and lets pray for it. It must work! Its the first car my husband bought for me and I love it! If the silencer doesn’t stop malfunctioning, I am not going to go anywhere. Let's pray please

CHLOE: (Stops suddenly) Auntie... (stammers) Exactly what are you... Erm... Are you... (bursts out crying)

AUNTIE: (Looks shocked too) Why are you crying for the poor car? Please, lets pray for it. Lets heal it of its sickness. All the other cars present are okay but its the one I want. The brake is bad but its the one, it killed my first daughter, but its the one (starts to cry) it made my husband’s right leg shorter than the left but its the one I want. Its the one! Its been banned from even plying the road but my love for it!... Oh! (She cries on)

CHLOE: (Sits on the floor) Oh Lord!....Oh my! Oh my God! Is that the picture of me?....oh Lord!...Ah.... I have been foolish...(Wails).... Oh Lord!

AUNTIE: (Moves to sit on the floor beside her) You don’t have peace in your courtship, peace is ruled out in your marriage definitely!

CHLOE: (Cries on) Ah!

AUNTIE: He beats you using the name of the Holy Spirit during courtship, that's a red light!... In marriage, there would be disaster! There would be causalities!

CHLOE: (Cries harder) Its just... Its just,... But I love him!... I do!

AUNTIE: (Pats her back) Its not love! Love sees clearly! He is using you! You are infatuated about him! He can kill you but you want to stay put!...you want to endure the marriage when God wants you to enjoy it!

CHLOE: (Blows her nose into a hanky) I am not sure I can survive without him!

AUNTIE: (Looks shocked, her hands crossed) Chloe, Kelvin is an angry man, he is not born again, leave the tongues and the lies he is saying in the name of the Lord, he is a jealous guy capable of telling you to even cut ties with your parents after marriage! He is wicked! He is a sex-driven beast as well! He isn’t proud of you! He is not in love with you! If he loves you, he wouldn't call you a toad or frog or whatever! He would apologize when wrong.

CHLOE: (Rests against her chest) Aunty, what should I
I do?

AUNTIE: (She stands and walks to the car, draws back the tarpaulin) We have to return the tarpaulin first of all and then call daddy to ask him what car he is releasing for you to use. You will pick the car and unlike this one, they are washed thoroughly and you can start your smooth drive.

CHLOE: Breaking up with Kelvin...

AUNTIE: Break up before he breaks you!

CHLOE:... and then going back to God for a fresh beginning you mean?

AUNTIE: (Claps her hands) Correct!

CHLOE: We have been together now for five years aunt (Sobs)

AUNTIE: No matter how far one is on the wrong path, its not too late to turn back darling. Its not! Turn back before you turn black!

CHLOE: (Cries aloud, her veins very visible) Ah!...I never knew I had been foolish Baba mi ooooo....Forgive my foolishness Lord! Console me Lord!

(Auntie holds her back, dials Kelvin's number and puts the phone close to her ears)

AUNTIE: (In a loud voice) Kelvin is on the line, break up now forever!....

CHLOE: (Looks into her face pitifully as tears rolled down her face) Can I?... (she whispers)

AUNTIE: (Whispers too, aggressively) BREAK UP, NOW!

CHLOE: (Sniffs) Hello, Kelvin... Its Chloe

KELVIN: So?

CHLOE: (Frowns a bit, shaking) I break up with you in Jesus' precious name!

KELVIN: (Laughs) How many times have you said so before? Can you survive without me? You think you can?

CHLOE: (Shakes her head aggressively, standing up) I have been foolish to remain with such an hypocrite as you! I am a queen! I must have let my guard down for an ingrate like you! I must have been really blind to think it was you...

KELVIN: Chloe, who is teaching you to face me? Who?

CHLOE: I have woken up Kelvin!... I am no more in a drunken slumber! I have been infatuated, right but not anymore! It ends today! Why should I remain with someone who makes me feel less when God makes me great! Why should I be beaten blue black when my Savior is unbeatable? Why should I waste my emotions on someone who doesn't worth it? Why should I be unequally yoked with an unbeliever?

KELVIN: What!... Are you....

CHLOE: Stop there! You have no right to talk back at me anymore. Its a break up for real this time!.. Bye!

KELVIN: Chloe... Wait... Chloe.. Wait!....

CHLOE: (Pants hard as she removes her sim card and breaks it) I can’t be made to ride on horses and stoop so low to begging for a ride on bicycle!... No!

AUNTIE: (Watches on in awe, smiling, she starts clapping with glee) That’s the spirit darling!. That's the spirit!

CHLOE: (Pauses as she looks at her aunt) I feel somehow...(Drops her shoulders) I feel great that I finally spoke out, but....(Pouts sadly) I also feel.... empty!

AUNTIE: (Hugs her) You will heal darling! You will heal, love. You will!

Yes you will heal ladies! Check your relationship connection again!
Yes you will heal guys! Check your relationship connection again!
Ask God again!
His will is sweet!
Never would he want a bad car for you!
#Be_free!

_______

Written by Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola

Source: https://www.facebook.com/oyekunle.oyebola.7/posts/630797450434239

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Motivational Short Story - But, I Still Love Him! by Olajhidey22(m): 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
Am motivated by your write-ups a whole lot.
Thanks for this lovely message....

Lalasticlala......Straight to FP grin grin
Re: A Motivational Short Story - But, I Still Love Him! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2017
Olajhidey22:
Am motivated by your write-ups a whole lot.
Thanks for this lovely message....

Lalasticlala......Straight to FP grin grin

smiley smiley
Re: A Motivational Short Story - But, I Still Love Him! by Blessytee(f): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
more anointing ma.
Re: A Motivational Short Story - But, I Still Love Him! by DrOluwatobhy(m): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nice one sir
Re: A Motivational Short Story - But, I Still Love Him! by cherpret: 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2017
God bless you for this piece

(1) (Reply)

One Corner; Ghanian Deadly Virus In Nigeria. By SamGeorgeH2o / Raped / Alpha's Little Male

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.