Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles (20273 Views)

Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / 15 Ways To Identify And Secure Yourself Against “one Chance” Bandits / 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by Donald3d(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2017

In case you do not know what “one chance” means ,in summary its when you board a vehicle and end up been robbed or kidnapped by the owner of the vehicle or the occupants.

After my dad narrated his ordeal of been robbed and almost thrown over the Third Mainland Bridge, I have always been extra careful,and you should too,except you have taken swimming lessons grin grin grin grin .

Here are some tips to hep you avoid “one chance” vehicles .

1.Be Careful When Offered A Lift

Especially for the ladies , be careful when offered lifts ,I personally advice ignoring lifts except you know the occupants of the vehicle very well .

2.Be Careful During Odd hours

At certain hours of the day you would be more susceptible to one chance vehicles , especially very early in the morning and very late at night.So be careful.

3.Be Observant

Before you board a vehicle observe the vehicle very well and take note for any suspicious activity or intentions,even though most times its not glaring you still have to be extra observant.

4.Is A Policeman Present ?
A policeman or soldier present in a bus , gives an extra confidence.But I have heard stories where they have been used as camouflage ,so you still have to be careful.But most times its safe.

5.Trust your guts
If you feel uncomfortable ,just trust your instincts and don’t board the vehicle.

6.Avoid All Male Vehicles
An all-male vehicle is a no no.Even though it might not be dangerous ,its better safe than sorry.

7.Be Calm

I know you might be late for that appointment,but its still best you take your time and choose the right bus.Don’t rush.

8.Make Use Of Bus Stops And Parks
Its best to always board vehicles from parks and bus stops ,the buses there are most times registered to an association , so its safer.

9.Always Sit By The Door If you Can
When you eventually choose a bus ,try to always sit close to the entrance.As much as possible avoid buses whose owners or conductors insist you go far inside when there is still space close to the entrance.

10.Always Enter Registered Vehicles

In most parts of Lagos for example the Yellow buses with Black stripes indicates registered buses and cabs .So always board registered vehicles .

I hope you learnt a thing or two.

Don’t forget to comment and share .

https://autojosh.com/10-ways-avoid-one-chance-vehicles/

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by dimexy247(m): 2:24pm On Jan 31, 2017
FTC
Shoutout to my hustling fellow out there. Our hustle shall pay soon.

OP, one chance is simply unavoidable. May God just save us.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by abuaoyen(f): 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
Good one Op! Thank you

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
If you escape one chance vehicle, two chance dey wait you

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by onyeezeigbo: 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
BUHARI WRITES NIGERIANS FROM LONDON HOSPITAL
Dear Naijerians
You fiful are bely wukied, why are you fiful fraying that I should die kuo? Ayam not even dead yet, and all of you fiful are jubilating, then ip I die now, you fiful will just turn za whole kwuontry to carnival na. I was at za foint of death when I heard that za whole kwuontry is jubilating that I am dead, I said "ah ah" I will not die now so that you fiful will not be hafi.
I even heard that afostle Suleman said that Christians should kee my cows and my herdsmen, you fiful should tell that afostle that ip anything hafens to my cows, I will pinish him o.
Por those of you saying that ayam not pighting kwaraption because I cleared Buratai, Dambazau, Amaechi, Kyari, Magu and Babachir of kwaraption like a clearing agent, I want to tell you something, they say "show me your prends and I will tell you who you are" so ip I declare all my forlitical prends kwarapt, won't you fiful say I ayam kwarapt too? Or do you fiful think ayam not wise? I have told you fiful bepor, my farty, za All Frogressive Confidence, Afee cee, is a farty por saints, kwarapt fiful cannot be pound in my farty or guberment.
I want to seize zis ofortunity to call on za National Assembly that ayam not coming back on za 6th op Pebuary again because of some unporseen circumstances, they should allow His Seselency, Za Pice Fresident op za pedral lipublik of Naijeria, Frofesuar Yemi Osibande to kwuotinue to act as za fresident fending when ayam back.
Yoowaa to za pew fiful who still believe in my guberment, Isha Allah change will begin with you bepor it gets to me.
Lest I porget, Tupace is flanning to stage a frotest against my guberment, all I can say to him is dambruba waka shege to him and za pive girls he infregnated.
Signed:
Dr. Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR
©2017

24 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by MrGreenMavro: 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
cheesy

If u like write 100 ways to avoid one chance vehicles...some ladies wey get bone legs and K-legs go still enter am, wen dy c awuff vehicle wey stop for dem for road.

Them go think say na Uber...dem no no say dey wan use dem do rituals angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by coalcoal1(m): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
It only takes the grace of God to avoid one chance vehicles. I heard the story of a woman in Ibadan on her way from Bashorun to Akobo who boarded a painted taxi (Nissan Micra). That was the last thing she remembered. She woke up around 4am and found herself in a hall with about 50 people. Some of them were being prepared to be slaughtered. She said she overheard conversations on the phone in which the patrons were asking for body parts. She said she still had her phone in her pocket because it was on silent and she wore tight fitted jeans. She quickly made a call to her husband, who in turn tried in connivance with the security agencies to try and track the location of the call.
To cut the long story short, when she was being prepared for the sacrifice, the guy assigned to shave her hair injured himself and blood was dripping from his hand. The leader of the group saw this and she was rejected and they said they should release her to go. She said from what she saw, the place was heavily guarded by armed men in uniform, though because of visibility, she could not tell which force they belong.
She was eventually dropped off somewhere and she found her way back home.
Not everyone is that lucky.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by iamwizzle(m): 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
Na only God dey save person for one chance...coz an all female could also b one chance...

6 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by nsesam(m): 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nice one.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by seyigiggle: 3:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
we shall save this for the next election grin
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by pillowcase: 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
cool
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by noucompact(m): 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
OHH,MAY GOD PROTECT US
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by Benjom(m): 3:40pm On Jan 31, 2017
Tell them o
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by kulrunsman79(m): 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
Very correct and incisive! The most apt and reasonable amongst them is avoiding or being very careful at odd hours....

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by dayleke: 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
Good one
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by babyfaceafrica: 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2017
Once chance make sense...ask those that travek interstate....have u entered Lagos to warri or before onek or Lagos to akure 800...
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by ajuwarhodes(f): 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2017
Even with female a times its dangerous
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by fergieboy: 3:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
Long story

Just board any bus from park .. cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by Godlychild: 3:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hmmm...boarding from the park is a better option most times. God keep us safe.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by ajuwarhodes(f): 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
fergieboy:
Long story

Just board any bus from park .. cool
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by nbright: 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
Only in lagos... no Man's land
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by LEXYCOM: 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
pray before u set out for the days activities

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2017
megrimor:
If you escape one chance vehicle, two chance dey wait you

The joke wasn't necessary

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by kelvyn7: 3:50pm On Jan 31, 2017
"8.Make Use Of Bus Stops And Parks"

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT AMONG ALL OF THEM

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by 14teenK: 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
If every body sits beside the door,na who wan come stay inside bus

5 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by Donald3d(m): 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2017
14teenK:
If every body sits beside the door,na who wan come stay inside bus
grin grin grin if you can na
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by Decryptor(m): 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
No.6 is not tentative.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by kstix(m): 3:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
The most important would be to trust ur instincts, it's often right. Because those points you raised are as good as useless especially when u see a bus with both male and female (even females carrying baby) . With gospel music being played on the bus' stereo. U would not have a clue except God helps you to know which one to enter.
Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by Maj196(m): 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2017
No enter bus we remain 'One chance'

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles by Blurryface(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
If it's not a yellow bus, do not enter... i repeat, DO NOT ENTER!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Collision Between Okada And SUV Claims 2 Lives In Abeokuta Accident (photos) / School Bus On Fire In Bayelsa / Ibadan Set To Have Master-Plan 188 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.