Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Have Ýou Thank A Soldier Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have Ýou Thank A Soldier Today (502 Views)

Police And Army Officers Fight In Lagos After Policeman Hit A Soldier (Photos) / Mob Nearly Burnt A Soldier In Lagos (Video) / A Civilian Fighting A Soldier In Mushin, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have Ýou Thank A Soldier Today by ahmedolawale: 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Two loud explosions followed by sporadic gun fire, and the usual chants of Allahu-akbar that resonates across our defense line jerks me out of slumber.

Gosh!... These bastards are here again firing at killing range. I swiftly roll to the ground as I lift my pillow to find nothing there. My next dash to take hold of it had me crashing into the dressing mirror, causing it to shatter into pieces.
I hear a faint female voice, then a child scream.. "mommy"..

Damn, these bastards are in the village already and no one is returning fire at them, we must have been overrun.

My next dash takes me to the parlour, I roll the boxes to the floor, raising the mattress only to find nothing there.. shit... shit...shit.
I can't be taken a POW, I take a final dash towards the door for a possible escape. NEPA having done what they know how to do best, I couldn't locate the jam lock real quick. Mama intercepts, mustering all her strength and holding me by my shoulders, asks in a hush tone.. "What's happening"? Me...'My weapon, I can't find it'.

She replies in a rather quaking voice breaking in tears,.."it's a dream, you are home.

Me: The life of a soldier. And no one is ready to tell us Thank you! But they are in no hesitation to reign hell on us when we make mistakes... If some of you know what we pass through you will never insult any man in uniform #thelifeofasoldier

1 Like

Re: Have Ýou Thank A Soldier Today by principi(m): 3:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
It's a good narration yet filled with some errors. The level of human abuse committed by the Nigerian Army is way beyond MISTAKE. It's a lifestyle for them
Re: Have Ýou Thank A Soldier Today by Cire80: 12:31am On Feb 01, 2017
I'm not mad to thank a Nigerian soldier after all the atrocities they've been committing. Nigerian soldiers are trained to see civilians as animals and their grand enemies.

(1) (Reply)

NSCDC Catches Female Suicide Bomber Attempting To Bomb Borno NNPC Station (PIC) / South Africans Running After A Moving Truck To Steal Juice From It / Moment A Radio DJ And Producer Were Shot Dead While Broadcastings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.