Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Abdominal Pain - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abdominal Pain (1288 Views)

Causes Of Abdominal Pain / Lower Abdominal Pain / Male Abdominal Pain. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdominal Pain by jojoe1(f): 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2007
I have severe abdominal pain on my left side, I have had so many tests it's not even funny. I had some cysts removed from my ovaries and I'm still in pain. one doctor told me I have an enlarged lymph node but when they tried to do a biopsy they didn't get a sample they could use. I do not have health insurance and can't afford a bunch of expensive tests that aren't going to help. Does anyone have any advice? I am in pain 24/7
Re: Abdominal Pain by ajolayo(m): 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2007
@jo joe,
The way you sound seems like you are not in Nigeria and so its better as in you have access to quality health care.
When did this pain start? Does it come and go? Has it changed since it started? Does it move? Where exactly on the right side is this pain? Any other associated symptoms like vomiting, anorexia, constipation? What tests have you done? Ultrasound, Abdominal CT, hormonal profile or what?

There are a trillion causes of right sided abdominal pain and so the questions and the test would help in narrowing down.
Does any analgesic help you?

A reply to these questions and some more would help in making a reasonable judgement and offering the best advice available.

Thanks

Ciao
Re: Abdominal Pain by jojoe1(f): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2007
the pain is on the left (my mistake) It is constant! Nothing seems to help. I've had ultrasounds, MRI's, bllod work, it seems like about every test that's out there. The doctors don't seem too interested in anyone who doesn't have health insurance. The pain is in the lower part. Last fall I had scar tissue removed from near my liver and I had some milk ducts removed. I am soo frustrated with doctors.
Re: Abdominal Pain by ajolayo(m): 7:32am On Jan 16, 2007
@jo joe,
I am sorry. My error. I dont know whether its the weather thats playing pranks on my brain or something (Laughs).
Wow, you seem to have had lots and lots of tests and procedures done for you.
The tests should at least have shown what is wrong with you. Scar tissue near your liver? ok
Can you send me a mail? I want to know the full characteristics of this pain. What test you have done and what it showed and whether any pain reliever you have used helped or not and most importantly you past medical history

Ciao
Re: Abdominal Pain by PTBNaija(f): 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2007
Is your appendix located on the left side? I can't remember, but maybe that's it undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pain Free Injection Products Developed By Coolsense / Does Anyone Know Anything About Qei+ ? / ::::Please Any Ophthalmologist / Optician In The House? Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.