Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

CAREER SURVEY: Does Searching And Applying Online Actually Work? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CAREER SURVEY: Does Searching And Applying Online Actually Work? (451 Views)

What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN / Career Survey / CAREER SURVEY: Does Searching and Applying Online Actually Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAREER SURVEY: Does Searching And Applying Online Actually Work? by 14dfuture(m): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2017
Seriously let us carry out a survey based on online job search and applications.

PURPOSE: To know if people actually get employed through online platforms and career websites.

I am a fresh graduate who is seriously searching for a job.

I tell people that I am a graduate and that I am in dine need of a job what they say is "apply online, search online, browse nawh shea u can browse internet e.t.c.)

Hmm fellas I don't know if its just me I have be applying for jobs online since january 2016 till date and I have not even been invited for any interview nor have I gotten a call or email about my c.v self. I don't know what am not doing right.

To be sincere I am beginning to doubt if people do actually get employed by applying and submitting applications through these online career and job listing websites like (career24, jobberman etc). Or is getting a job in Nigeria really by "Who You Know"?

Now let's do a survey on this. If you know you actually got a job by searching and applying through these career online platforms from the period of january 2016 till date please let us hear your testimonies and opinions so that those of us that are still seriously searching the internet daily would know that it does actually work. It will actually help encourage us not to give up.

***Please state the name of the company that employed you, state the month you were invited for interview and also which of the website did you actually saw the advert and applied through (e.g career24, jobberman, linkedin etc).

Note: Period is from January 2016 till Date
Thanks as you encourage others by supplying us with good opinions.

(1) (Reply)

You Just Failed? Now What???? / Assistant Wanted For Immediate Employment / Empowerment Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.