Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married (28540 Views)

COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
AA but can't even remember d last time I had malaria..
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Copretzax: 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
Last year sept. I lost my 3and half years relationship to genotype incompatibility. Hmmm u need to see how we cried. It wasn't easy. Now I have found another relationship oboy 2weeks into it I ask sharply "baby do you know your genotype?," and she gladly say " i have tested two times i have been confirm to be AA" Am now a happy man. Meanwhile in the mids of this scarce AA. AA plus AA = waste of genotype.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by lepasharon(f): 11:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
Valfrankie:
You guys make Sickle cell anaemia sound like a plague on this forum, I have seen people throw derogatory remarks and stale jokes using sick cell for emphasis. well if you must know, I'M SS and not shying away from it because I can't escape it, it was never my doing, my parents were ignorant so I must learn to be happy and appreciate the gift of life. Those born with AA genotype are lucky, AS carriers are equally lucky, SS patients are SPECIAL bred. We survive the pains, we survive discrimination by the public, we survive Soul numbing Crises pains, so many Dos and Don'ts, endless trip to the hospital, many a night while others enjoy blissful sleep in comfort, a wail of agony issues from our throats for no fault of ours, yet we push on. We will appreciate it if you guys can stop making SS patients feel inferior, we are human too, STOP RUBBING IT ON OUR FACES THAT YOU DON'T WANT US IN YOUR MIDST, WE KNOW ALREADY, unfortunately you can do NOTHING about it, lucky us. Finally, this is a topic worth the discuss, I hope some of you will not deliberately walk into open flames and call on God to send the rain. better to be safe than sorry. angry embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

Don't mind these ignorant halfwits. They refuse to acknowledge that SC is not a death sentence and the end of the world.

Listen you Nigerians because you ppl have the most disgusting attitude towards ppl with SC compared to other black populations.

Ppl with SC are not weaklings like you think
Ppl with SC don't have HIV like the rest of you, ppl with SC are more intelligent than the rest of you, ppl with SC are not obese like the rest of you.

Ppl with SC please come out if you are in a shell and don't let anybody shame you because having SC is not ur fault and life is too short to be upset about having SC you might aswell be positive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Tidamsel: 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
Tru Talk
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by NEROSKY(m): 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
Copretzax:
Last year sept. I lost my 3and half years relationship to genotype incompatibility. Hmmm u need to see how we cried. It wasn't easy. Now I have found another relationship oboy 2weeks into it I ask sharply "baby do you know your genotype?," and she gladly say " i have tested two times i have been confirm to be AA" Am now a happy man. Meanwhile in the mids of this scarce AA. AA plus AA = waste of genotype.
I wish i could be lucky as you, is about to cost me the kind of person i know i will never have...Each time i think of this i wish i could just die, she wants to even carry my baby buh we can't go tru Prenatal diagnosis, i don't want to take chances, i can't fit abort
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by VickyRotex(f): 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
nbright:

What?

You dont understand French? undecided
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
lepasharon:

Don't mind these ignorant halfwits. They refuse to acknowledge that SC is not a death sentence and the end of the world.

Listen you Nigerians because you ppl have the most disgusting attitude towards ppl with SC compared to other black populations.

Ppl with SC are not weaklings like you think
Ppl with SC don't have HIV like the rest of you, ppl with SC are more intelligent than the rest of you, ppl with SC are not obese like the rest of you.

Ppl with SC please come out if you are in a shell and don't let anybody shame you because having SC is not ur fault and life is too short to be upset about having SC you might aswell be positive.
eh eh is that soo ooo !!!
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Coolgent(m): 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
AA all the way but malaria too de disturb AA

I am AA but i spent 5 yrs without malaria case despite the fact that Iam livin in an area where mosquitoes even has freedom of association grin
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by NEROSKY(m): 11:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
Coolgent:

I am AA but i spent 5 yrs without malaria case despite the fact that Iam livin in an area where mosquitoes even has freedom of association grin
grin grin.. lucky u
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Tominiola: 12:06am On Feb 02, 2017
opal4real:

Kai I remember my former neighbour with 3 kids and all were SS. They all died b4 age 10 in a space of 3yrs.
The wife pick race and the man later remarried an AA. It's very important to check ur genotype to avoid story that touch.

shocked You are joking?? Oh my. That is so sad. Did the lady remarry as well?
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Tominiola: 12:08am On Feb 02, 2017
watzz:
this genotype is giving me an headache, for the first time am really in love with a girl, currently dating however we are both AS.. really getting to me.

I just wish there is a way it won't get in btw

Awww... This blood type thing is not to be taken lightly from what I've heard undecided
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Tominiola: 12:10am On Feb 02, 2017
Valfrankie:
You guys make Sickle cell anaemia sound like a plague on this forum, I have seen people throw derogatory remarks and stale jokes using sick cell for emphasis. well if you must know, I'M SS and not shying away from it because I can't escape it, it was never my doing, my parents were ignorant so I must learn to be happy and appreciate the gift of life. Those born with AA genotype are lucky, AS carriers are equally lucky, SS patients are SPECIAL bred. We survive the pains, we survive discrimination by the public, we survive Soul numbing Crises pains, so many Dos and Don'ts, endless trip to the hospital, many a night while others enjoy blissful sleep in comfort, a wail of agony issues from our throats for no fault of ours, yet we push on. We will appreciate it if you guys can stop making SS patients feel inferior, we are human too, STOP RUBBING IT ON OUR FACES THAT YOU DON'T WANT US IN YOUR MIDST, WE KNOW ALREADY, unfortunately you can do NOTHING about it, lucky us. Finally, this is a topic worth the discuss, I hope some of you will not deliberately walk into open flames and call on God to send the rain. better to be safe than sorry. angry embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

I'm sorry you are going through everything you are going through. God bless you and keep you. You are strong in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by cuteme88(f): 12:10am On Feb 02, 2017
So very important!!!!
My classmate died due to the fact that she was SS when we were in 200level. they are four in the family; 3 Boys and just a girl. all three among the girl is late now but the last boy is an AS. they are also very wealthy and spends money like water for the health of the 2 Boys and a girl that are sickle cell. But they till died of the same ailment.

What i'm trying to bring out to y'all is that whether u are rich or not; don't fall in love blindly. shine your eyes wella starting with knowing your genotype. And if u are SS, go for strictly AA Genotype as u will be kind enough not to watch your baby go through the same pains in which u are going through.

Another way in knowing your genotype without test is that AS hardly fall ill of Malaria while AA na Baba for Malaria. I have been suspecting that i am AA for long due to my falling ill of Malaria often. And when i got my test result "loo and behold I can fall in love anywhere anytime with no fears.

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Tominiola: 12:14am On Feb 02, 2017
cuteme88:
So very important!!!!
My classmate died due to the fact that she was an SS carrier when we were in 200level. they are four in the family; 3 Boys and just a girl. all three amg the girl is late now but the last boy is an AS. they are also very wealthy and spends money like water for the health of the 2 Boys and a girl that are SS carrier. But they till died of the same ailment.

What i'm trying to bring out to y'all is that whether u are rich or not; don't fall in love blindly. shine your eyes wella starting with knowing your genotype.

Another way in knowing your genotype without test is that AS hardly fall ill of Malaria while AA na Baba for Malaria. I have been suspecting that i am AA for long due to my falling ill of Malaria often. And when i got my test result "loo and behold I can fall in love anywhere anytime with no fears.

gringringrin

This is scary.
I know a couple who got married not to long ago apperently they a both AS and have a baby on the way lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Copretzax: 12:16am On Feb 02, 2017
AA +AA = WASTE OF GENOTYPE

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by braine(m): 12:18am On Feb 02, 2017
Is there anything like AC?
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Adekorya: 12:21am On Feb 02, 2017
braine:
Is there anything like AC?
Yes, Air conditioner and Action Congress

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by braine(m): 12:22am On Feb 02, 2017
Adekorya:
Yes, Air conditioner and Action Congress

Ofcoz, those ones sef dey.
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by cuteme88(f): 12:24am On Feb 02, 2017
Tominiola:

This is scary.
I know a couple who got married not to long ago apperently they a both AS and have a baby on the way lipsrsealed

Ooooh my gosh****

They need to start praying like seriously for that Child to come out AS. Is not that Sickle cell don't live for long, they do, so many of them live to their old age but the problem is watching that Child go through so much pain.
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by cuteme88(f): 12:30am On Feb 02, 2017
Copretzax:

Lol! True talk. This was the same statement i made to my Elder sister when she discovered she and her fiance back then are AA, I was like wastage. instead make una look for AS or SS marry una dey mix AA + AA = Malaria family.

Now na so so fever all of them dey carry for house. papa,mama and pickins.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by TheeDetective: 12:32am On Feb 02, 2017
In this 21st century, no one should be ignorant and not know their genotype. Know your genotype before dating/marriage because if you ignore it, that love wey you think say you get for your partner would disappear when you see the child/ren start having crisis if born with the SS genotype. It's very sad and tearful to watch an SS child when they have crisis.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by TheeDetective: 12:34am On Feb 02, 2017
No be all of them o, some AAs' are prone to malaria whilst other AAs' are not. Infact some of them can even go for a long period of time without experiencing malaria.
Paulpaulpaul:
AA all the way but malaria too de disturb AA

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 02, 2017
Valfrankie:
me too, but don't mind them, bunch of semi illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by harheesha(f): 12:52am On Feb 02, 2017
dancok:
me too, but don't mind them, bunch of semi illiterate.
i don't like telling people am an ss patient cus of the pity pity they like doing as if we can't handle things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Tominiola: 12:54am On Feb 02, 2017
cuteme88:

Ooooh my gosh****

They need to start praying like seriously for that Child to come out AS. Is not that Sickle cell don't live for long, they do, so many of them live to their old age but the problem is watching that Child go through so much pain.

I know right. I just pray everything works out for them because they took a serious risk. This love thing na wa.
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by esthadewunmi(f): 12:55am On Feb 02, 2017
vengertime:
Ladies be like, if I hear. With dis scarcity of husband in Nigeria?
That kind ladies should go and join Hitwe there many guys there waiting to meet chic. cheesy seriously
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 02, 2017
Tominiola:

shocked You are joking?? Oh my. That is so sad. Did the lady remarry as well?

So real,the guy has a kid now but dnt know about the ex-wife.

I know of a guy AS who stubbornly got married to his heartthrob another AS. They have a child now and fortunately she is AS.
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by nbright: 12:57am On Feb 02, 2017
VickyRotex:

You dont understand French? undecided

No, only Pidgin cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by cuteme88(f): 12:57am On Feb 02, 2017
Tominiola:

I know right. I just pray everything works out for them because they took a serious risk. This love thing na wa.

God will see them both through. Na love cause am; make Nature understand.
After all Adam ate the forbidden fruit frm Eve with love! :-/ :-/ :-/
Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 02, 2017
harheesha:
i don't like telling people am an ss patient cus of the pity pity they like doing as if we can't handle things
exactly, me too i don't like telling people even my mom will say i should tell someone na, but I don't do it at all, people will be pitting u as if they too are complete. Africa can never be civilized.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by sirfee(m): 1:00am On Feb 02, 2017
It's the most important thing to do before falling in love,this issue was the main reason I have to breakup with my lovely partner.It wasn't easy but I have no choice but to move on#team AS

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married by cuteme88(f): 1:03am On Feb 02, 2017
If u know u are AA and about to commit the crime of wastage of marrying another AA under section 34 sub- section (a) raise your hands now!!!!

This is no joke; reactivate your LOVE and look for AS or SS to pair with immediate effect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dairies Sanitary Pad Kills - Ladies Beware / Bumps On The Neck @ The Back Of The Head (picture) / Five Health Warning Signs From Your Feet To Never Ignore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.